What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

26 minutes ago, iPwn said:

That’s the *power move* I was referring to. It’s a “dominating handshake” that’s supposed to make it seem like that person is in control. I’ve had it done to me and l feels like the person is trying to project a sense of power to you that they can’t just do by being who they are. Left foot forward always with those people.

I want to see someone try to assert dominance through a fist bump though. 

Oh I know, I just wanted to share the gif so we could all chuckle at the sophomoric show of physical dominance from the septuagenarian.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You can most definitely tell a lot about a guy from a handshake.

For example, if someone were to grab my hand and yank it around in an absurd fashion, say, like this...

giphy.gif 

.... I’d immediately think they were a buffoon. I mean, they can’t even master s basic greeting.

I used to work with this dude who shook hands like that.  Every. Damned. Time.  On top of that, he’d squeeze as hard as he could too. The guy was (as my life experience indicated) a buffoon, so I usually let it slide.  One day I may not have been in a particularly good mood and he came up and shook my hand and made sure to put a little oomph into it and finally I think he got the hint. God that handshake pissed me off....

I had a guy at my wifes work party shake my hand (he was drunk) tell me i have a week hand shake and just stare at me with the ceo (my father in law) right there. I looked over to my fil and gave a “what am I supposed to do here” and the guy was like “what are you looking at him for. He aint going to save you” to which i replied “i looked at him to save you from this embarrassing situation” to which he muttered some power move bs and i walked away. 

19 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I had a guy at my wifes work party shake my hand (he was drunk) tell me i have a week hand shake and just stare at me with the ceo (my father in law) right there. I looked over to my fil and gave a “what am I supposed to do here” and the guy was like “what are you looking at him for. He aint going to save you” to which i replied “i looked at him to save you from this embarrassing situation” to which he muttered some power move bs and i walked away. 

Sounds about right.

The funny part is that dude probably lacks enough perspective to even realize how absurd he was acting.

Also, let this be a PSA to the young fellas out there, two drink limit at all work functions is a good rule of thumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds about right.

The funny part is that dude probably lacks enough perspective to even realize how absurd he was acting.

Also, let this be a PSA to the young fellas out there, two drink limit at all work functions is a good rule of thumb.

Ya most guys like that dont. That party usually is pretty full of people that get drunk so he actually didnt stand out. But a lot of people put stock in handshakes and its silly. The only time i have a negative view of peoples handshakes is when they do something like that or they fish me. When i get fished i always want to curtsy. 

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, let this be a PSA to the young fellas out there, two drink limit at all work functions is a good rule of thumb

Bingo. You're not drinking with your buddies and trolling for chicks. I speak from experience, it doesn't end well.

I was once at a work conference, and we all went out for drinks at the hotel bar. I didn't know this rule, so I started to order shots for myself and a few of my co-workers; Before I knew it, I was dropping F bombs and trying to wrestle one of my older co-workers. Later on, I drunk dialed a few ex-girlfriends in front of a few managers. Yeah... that was fun.

My manager had a quick "coming to Jesus" meeting with me the following day - I was the youngest in my group by about 10 years at the time, so most of my co-workers brushed it off as the kid being the kid, but my manager reminded me that colleagues won't remember me for that time I got a glowing review from a client, or I saved an account with a unique solution - they're going to remember me as the guy downing a bunch of Jagerbombs and putting poor Steve into a headlock.

So, two drink maximum.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Bingo. You're not drinking with your buddies and trolling for chicks. I speak from experience, it doesn't end well.

I was once at a work conference, and we all went out for drinks at the hotel bar. I didn't know this rule, so I started to order shots for myself and a few of my co-workers; Before I knew it, I was dropping F bombs and trying to wrestle one of my older co-workers. Later on, I drunk dialed a few ex-girlfriends in front of a few managers. Yeah... that was fun.

My manager had a quick "coming to Jesus" meeting with me the following day - I was the youngest in my group by about 10 years at the time, so most of my co-workers brushed it off as the kid being the kid, but my manager reminded me that colleagues won't remember me for that time I got a glowing review from a client, or I saved an account with a unique solution - they're going to remember me as the guy downing a bunch of Jagerbombs and putting poor Steve into a headlock.

So, two drink maximum.

My rule is that I'm the last to start boozing and then I only go at everyone else's pace.

I don't think it's so much what the rule is so much as you have one and you stick to it.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My rule is that I'm the last to start boozing and then I only go at everyone else's pace.

I don't think it's so much what the rule is so much as you have one and you stick to it.

I have various rules, depending on circumstance:

Taking out a client: Stay 2-3 drinks behind. Get a bit loose, but not on the same level.

Co-workers: Two drinks max.

Trade Show: 2-3 drinks behind your main competitior. In some cases, you can get cool with em and work em for information (or, inside track for any openings) and you don't come off as the worst to potential clients.

Vendor taking you out: Order a glass of Oban every 15 minutes, order the surf and turf, some more Oban, maybe that NY Cheesecake with the caramel truffle sauce with a side of Oban. Show no mercy.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

First to order, and every round, I go two for myself.

Rules is rules.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I have various rules, depending on circumstance:

Taking out a client: Stay 2-3 drinks behind. Get a bit loose, but not on the same level.

Co-workers: Two drinks max.

You must not like your co-workers.  

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

i went to get new shoes today as you'd know if you're in mafia - i am a six foot nearly six one dude, really fit, etc etc, but i have tiny size eight and a half (US) girl feet this is hilarious

i just wear shoes that are too big personally. i feel you though man. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mission27 said:

You must not like your co-workers.  

I do - I just don't let them see "real ET" that often, if ever. I have a few co-workers who are an exception, people I hit up to go to happy hour once in a while. 

Part of it is because at every stop I've made, I'm the youngest person in my group (even now as I'm closing in on my 40s, I'm the youngest person on my team). It's a built in excuse to do stuff like that, but my older colleagues and use that to create their image of me, which is what I DON'T want.