What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Every now and then it’s nice to pop in and reaffirm things. ?

You on for our BJJ session after a hot session of Greco Roman Wrestling with ET on Sunday?

Has anyone ever had issues with setting a start date for a new job?

I accepted a job last week. I needed to pass a background check before I could set my start date. I passed it on Monday and emailed HR with a start date. They did not get back to me until this afternoon, in which they asked if I could start Monday. I hadn't yet put in my start date because I was waiting to pass the background check and set a start date. I feel like they are rushing me now. I signed my offer letter last week.

22 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Has anyone ever had issues with setting a start date for a new job?

I accepted a job last week. I needed to pass a background check before I could set my start date. I passed it on Monday and emailed HR with a start date. They did not get back to me until this afternoon, in which they asked if I could start Monday. I hadn't yet put in my start date because I was waiting to pass the background check and set a start date. I feel like they are rushing me now. I signed my offer letter last week.

That's a really tight turnaround.

I'd just e-mail them and explain why that might be tough to make. Throw in something at the beginning about how you're really looking forward to beginning, and want to make sure that, as much as you can, the changes in your personal life from taking the new job are under control when your start date comes so you'll be able to focus entirely on all the new aspects of the job. Then propose something a little later, and see what they say.

27 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

You know things are bad when ET coming in at all is an improvement.

Hey, I came back last year. Two months later? Boom, new forum with tagging and footballs to give out. 

That's how I science, bro.

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You know WAYTA is bad when ET coming in being weirdly sexually aggressive is an improvement.

I didn't come in all sexually aggressive, now. I just discussed the beauty of sweet, succulent pluuuuuums, man. With the juice running down your lips, dripping off your creamy throat...