What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

You're going to be in school forever. I feel like it's been like 8 years already lol

dog i dont wanna leave lol. once i leave, i feel like life is gonna be way less fun. im staying until they decide to stop giving me money to go for some reason. idiots. this is my 5th year tho and these kids are starting to look young, so that sense of mortality is kicking in. im dying. when adults start looking young, you're ****ed i feel like. wake up w/ back pain and go to school, what the **** is this ****. feel like you're surrounded by idiot cornball try hards all day. imma be such a miserable dude when in like 7 years i bet. already am, but i play it cool at the moment. see look what you did dog, got me thinking about how my life is going nowhere and this is what happens, i write 8 sentences and realize im rambling to the internet and start thinking bout how im gonna die soon. nice one. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

dog i dont wanna leave lol. once i leave, i feel like life is gonna be way less fun. im staying until they decide to stop giving me money to go for some reason. idiots. this is my 5th year tho and these kids are starting to look young, so that sense of mortality is kicking in. im dying. when adults start looking young, you're ****ed i feel like. wake up w/ back pain and go to school, what the **** is this ****. feel like you're surrounded by idiot cornball try hards all day. imma be such a miserable dude when in like 7 years i bet. already am, but i play it cool at the moment. see look what you did dog, got me thinking about how my life is going nowhere and this is what happens, i write 8 sentences and realize im rambling to the internet and start thinking bout how im gonna die soon. nice one. 

You just saying exactly how we all feel, homie. I'm 31 and breaking down. 

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I expect most (if not all) of us wish we were back in college, but you gotta move forward, my friend. Find your purpose in life. I'm a goal-setter. That is what drives me. That might not be what drives you, but you gotta find that thing that drives you. And you're wayyyyyyyy too young to be worried about mortality. :P

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I expect most (if not all) of us wish we were back in college, but you gotta move forward, my friend. Find your purpose in life. I'm a goal-setter. That is what drives me. That might not be what drives you, but you gotta find that thing that drives you. And you're wayyyyyyyy too young to be worried about mortality. :P

what's your purpose leading to? what's your end goal here? i mean for me, i got everything i want already tbh. all i really like doing is talking **** w/ the homies and going out in town and ******* around. i dont buy anything and dont want anything. no job really seems that cool to me. no need to find anything that drives you imo. i mean if like buying things is what gets you excited or whatever go for it, get that money i dont care. or if you need that status to feel validation or to get girls, go ahead. sucker **** imo. no what you'll want more. or you'll get like mad wealthy and realize you're chasing nothing and then get depressed & nothing satisfies you anymore so you down a bottle of wood polish or something. i dont know what im getting at. im existing. you're existing. other people are.. that's all that's going on. nothing else. everything else is bull**** imo. if climbing the status ladder makes you more content with the quality of your existence, do it. i got no qualms with how people wanna spend their time. doesn't matter. don't murder people. don't rape people. don't be a POS to people. otherwise it's cool. im just talking ****. 

and that's not coming from a place of "depression." feel like whenever i say something like this, that's how it'll be perceived. i don't know why but whenever ppl talk about "purpose" and "goals" it sets me off like that, so my bad lol. again i dont care, but i feel like people try to push that agenda of success on others. just do your own thing imo. im in that environment like all day being a business major, so im just tired of hearing about people with goals and "finding purpose." those kids exhaust me with that lol. getting enough money to live the kinda life i like is easy. im already doing it and not even really exerting almost no effort into my "work life." which is ideal for me. im thinking about not even submitting this, but f it i spent like almost 5 minutes typing i bet which is the most productive thing i've done all day. 

Edited by jfinley88
probably a **** ton of typos as i refuse to proofread that mass of text
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

You just saying exactly how we all feel, homie. I'm 31 and breaking down. 

man at 22 i really can't imagine what another ~10 years of existence is gonna do my joints and ****. the second we can download consciousness im out dis bihh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

what's your purpose leading to? what's your end goal here? i mean for me, i got everything i want already tbh. all i really like doing is talking **** w/ the homies and going out in town and ******* around. i dont buy anything and dont want anything. no job really seems that cool to me. no need to find anything that drives you imo. i mean if like buying things is what gets you excited or whatever go for it, get that money i dont care. or if you need that status to feel validation or to get girls, go ahead. sucker **** imo. no what you'll want more. or you'll get like mad wealthy and realize you're chasing nothing and then get depressed & nothing satisfies you anymore so you down a bottle of wood polish or something. i dont know what im getting at. im existing. you're existing. other people are.. that's all that's going on. nothing else. everything else is bull**** imo. if climbing the status ladder makes you more content with the quality of your existence, do it. i got no qualms with how people wanna spend their time. doesn't matter. don't murder people. don't rape people. don't be a POS to people. otherwise it's cool. im just talking ****. 

and that's not coming from a place of "depression." feel like whenever i say something like this, that's how it'll be perceived. i don't know why but whenever ppl talk about "purpose" and "goals" it sets me off like that, so my bad lol. again i dont care, but i feel like people try to push that agenda of success on others. just do your own thing imo. im in that environment like all day being a business major, so im just tired of hearing about people with goals and "finding purpose." those kids exhaust me with that lol. getting enough money to live the kinda life i like is easy. im already doing it and not even really exerting almost no effort into my "work life." which is ideal for me. im thinking about not even submitting this, but f it i spent like almost 5 minutes typing i bet which is the most productive thing i've done all day. 

My purpose and goals lead to fulfillment. It makes me happy, keeps my mind off of mortality and the meaninglessness of existence, and gives my life the meaning I want. Happiness is a mindset. Money is great and all, but it's not my goal. My goals are to do something I'm passionate about, make a positive difference in the world, and push myself to be the best me. There's nothing wrong with wanting more. I'm always happy and grateful for what I have, but I'm not complacent. If that's not what makes you happy, find those things that make you happy. If you already found them, great. But all the talk about mortality, meaninglessness, and just existing gives off the impression that you're not happy. But hey, maybe you're just a happy philosophizer. ;)

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

My purpose and goals lead to fulfillment. It makes me happy, keeps my mind off of mortality and the meaninglessness of existence, and gives my life the meaning I want. Happiness is a mindset. Money is great and all, but it's not my goal. My goals are to do something I'm passionate about, make a positive difference in the world, and push myself to be the best me. There's nothing wrong with wanting more. I'm always happy and grateful for what I have, but I'm not complacent. If that's not what makes you happy, find those things that make you happy. If you already found them, great. But all the talk about mortality, meaninglessness, and just existing gives off the impression that you're not happy. But hey, maybe you're just a happy philosophizer. ;)

you're right, i agree. there's no correct answers. create whatever meaning you want. why not embrace those "negative" things like meaningless though? despite our advancement as a species, why look at ourselves as anything other than another species just trying to advance ourselves? we're not doing anything positive here. we're not doing anything negative. we're just consuming and spreading. like that line in the matrix about just being bacteria eating the earth. i forget what it was, but think about that line all the time lol. 

i think im talking about something separate now. but about that last part talking about happiness, i dont get that either. you're gonna feel whatever regardless of your position in life. like you said it's a mindset. personally dont subscribe to having a healthy frame of mind. i feel it's overrated and those kinds of people that drown themselves in the idea of a living of happy life are intolerable to be around and usually have the ****tiest conversations imaginable. feel everything. dont try and force yourself to feel any contrived feelings. 

im getting frustrated with my inability to verbalize things properly, so im gonna stop lol. im not a happy philosopher amigo, im a ******* idiot that just exists and talks ****. i dont got the answers, none of them. just always crazy to me when people convince themselves that they've found the answers though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

I dont got the answers, none of them. just always crazy to me when people convince themselves that they've found the answers though

You'll never find the answers. But around your mid-late 30s (the lane I'm in currently) you can find purpose. It's unique to you, so it's not like you can share it to a 20something and they say "oh, OK!" or something like that. It's your unique goal, something that wakes you up and gives you a reason to carpe diem. 

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

College was fun as hell, but life only gets better after that.

Get a job, some money in your pocket and it’s a whole different ballgame.  

But then the flow slows n ur stuck w one hoe

• Like 1

I slept 8 hours last night which is the first time I've done that in who knows how long. Usually I get 5-6. My back hurts from it. Now for a 12 hr shift lol