What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, steadypimpin said:

Verizon isn't that great either. My company phone is a Verizon and the service isn't that great and I live in a major metro area. My sprint is way better service. 

Sprint is better around here too.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I was so relieved.

I set my alarm for the week and forgot to turn it off last night.

Yeah, I would have been. 

I'm still in training...lots of lecturing, lots of paperwork. Did get to link up and listen in on calls yesterday though so that was exciting. 

4 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Verizon isn't that great either. My company phone is a Verizon and the service isn't that great and I live in a major metro area. My sprint is way better service. 

Verizon I've never had a problem with. I've always had service where I should have service and really the only reason I'm dropping them is because it's insane for me to pay $60 for data/month + $25 line access fee + other taxes and fees = $100/month for one person who doesn't use that much data in the first place.

I might go back to them once my girlfriend switches off her family plan or something like that, but for one person it's way too expensive. Plus I spend 99% of my day-to-day life using WiFi (work and home) and 99% of my life in metro areas so service isn't really an issue.

2 hours ago, MrDrew said:

For cell service, Verizon has the best coverage, but T-Mobile has the best service/plans. 

Sprint was $10 cheaper/month than T-Mobile was, but T-Mobile was still $5/month cheaper than Verizon + you get Netflix streaming on your devices (if you don't have it on TV).

So I spent $150 on an alarm clock on a whim. Figured I’d try it out and probably return it if it wasn’t that great. But it’s honestly changed my life. I wake up right at the alarm without being groggy and don’t need the snooze at all. Apparently this is what being a morning person is like. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

So I spent $150 on an alarm clock on a whim. Figured I’d try it out and probably return it if it wasn’t that great. But it’s honestly changed my life. I wake up right at the alarm without being groggy and don’t need the snooze at all. Apparently this is what being a morning person is like. 

What makes this alarm clock better than the one on your phone?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What makes this alarm clock better than the one on your phone?

It simulates sunrise for like 40 minutes prior to the alarm going off. At least for me, that’s making a huge difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

It simulates sunrise for like 40 minutes prior to the alarm going off. At least for me, that’s making a huge difference.

Is your room very darkened? My bedroom gets a fair share of natural light so I kind of get this organically starting around 630. I wake up every 10-20 minutes until I finally get up around 730ish.

BTW this sucks when DST has sunrise way late like 8am and I wake up groggy far more often.

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Is your room very darkened? My bedroom gets a fair share of natural light so I kind of get this organically starting around 630. I wake up every 10-20 minutes until I finally get up around 730ish.

BTW this sucks when DST has sunrise way late like 8am and I wake up groggy far more often.

The windows in my bedroom are on the south side of the building, and I keep my shades drawn. I keep the curtains open, so I get some light, but not a significant amount. It’s still fairly dark at 8am this time of year.

9 minutes ago, iPwn said:

The windows in my bedroom are on the south side of the building, and I keep my shades drawn. I keep the curtains open, so I get some light, but not a significant amount. It’s still fairly dark at 8am this time of year.

I forget it also depends on how far north/south you live too.