What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, husker_vikes3 said:

I'm going to Boston for the first time at the end of July. Going to a Red Sox game and touring Sam Adams. Anyone got any restaurant or sightseeing recommendations?

how about the place where the tea party throw the tea into the water?

4 minutes ago, husker_vikes3 said:

I'm going to Boston for the first time at the end of July. Going to a Red Sox game and touring Sam Adams. Anyone got any restaurant or sightseeing recommendations?

Locals may tell you to go to the Cape (they did me anyway), said it was gorgeous and I’d love it.

It wasn’t and I didn’t.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Locals may tell you to go to the Cape (they did me anyway), said it was gorgeous and I’d love it.

It wasn’t and I didn’t.

Hope that helps.

You didn't like the Cape? Odd. Only been a few times but I really enjoyed it.

9 minutes ago, husker_vikes3 said:

If you haven't bought tickets yet, get SRO on the Green Monster. Generally get em for like $40 and its awesome, just get there early enough so you can stand with one of the table tops in front of you.

Go to the Bodega store. It's a fake convenience store that sells high end shoes in the back, its pretty cool. Go to the "Snapple vending machine" and it'll slide open.

Go to Wink and Nod, trust me. It's basically a place where the next big chefs of Boston go to finish a six month program or something. The food changes regularly and its always delicious.

http://winkandnod.com/

Mikes Pastry is really good, it's that place that has really good pastries but got big so now people label it a "tourist trap" and try to say the local place is better but its really not.

Faneuil Hall is pretty cool too. Just a big building full of a bunch of different local food places.

18 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

You didn't like the Cape? Odd. Only been a few times but I really enjoyed it.

It was fine I guess.

Water was 60 degrees, not terribly scenic.  Had a gay pride parade in Provincetown that had the whole Cape busy as hell and overly crowded places aren’t exactly my cup of tea.  Took us 2 hours to drive from Provincetown to Eastham if that gives you an idea. Apparently it’s a huge thing there and we weren’t aware or I’d have just skipped it and went back on a less busy weekend tbh.

Whole east coast north of VA isn’t really my thing though.  Different strokes for different folks and all that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, husker_vikes3 said:

Sure you can come to Boston but can't come to see me