Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Granted, but Collins ain't great, we had Bakhtiari and Bulaga (ruling out Smith), so once you get to Butler, how much hindsight are we allowed?  That's the point I'm trying to make.  With what Thompson knew then, Randall was a good pick. 

Sorry I didn’t read the rest of the thread. I’m not debating Randall wasn’t a good pick. He was, he clearly had the talent. That mind/head of his is the problem. You can see it on hard knocks. I don’t know which scout said he was good on that end because it’s clear he gets distracted easily and can’t focus. And that he is alittle soft their too. It’s why he had issues giving up TDs.

i think people say it’s a bad pick because he was projected to CB not just a straight CB. Which I can see the frustration. Ideally 1st rounders are “ready made” right? Ted and now Gute are pure scouts though... they care a lot about measurables (Gute more so then Ted it seems). So Randall had a very unique skill set and measurables.

I mean 100% the biggest unknown in scouting is "we don't know what this guy is going to do when you hand him a pile of money and take him out of his support network at college".  Some guys mess that up in messy and dramatic ways, but for a lot of guys it just doesn't go well quietly.  For everybody who takes their NFL job incredibly seriously and buckles down there are five guys who probably just want to sit at home and play FIFA on the xbox (c.f. Lynch, Paxton).

Sometimes you can spot mindset problems in advance, and sometimes they just crop up because a guy moves to a different situation.

5 hours ago, craig said:

Toomer's been released by six different teams, including the Chargers and then the 49ers, and turns 30 during the season.  Presumably a ST guy?  Perhaps a bubble guy for when Jones comes back? 

Heh heh, good chance he'll be on the"look-how-much-turnover" list for cutdown 2019!  :)  

But he's a "veterans" and was drafted. Gute for prez

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not this **** again....the thread is "Packers Roster Cuts" not "Did Ted Thompson f*ck up the Packers' Roster Over The Last 4-5 Years"

There was 5 pages of this. You only got mad when someone disagreed.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Thought Rollins was on IR.  If Rip doesn't come back, you're right.  If Rip does come back, you're wrong. 

And I'm not doing that and you know it.  The series of events:

People tried to use how many draft picks were still on our team to say Thompson sucks.
I tried to show that's a faulty logic due to the rest of the NFL keeping less players from previous drafts.

I'm not arguing opinions, I'm showing that using players remaining from drafts is stupid. 

And everybody says I do this.  I don't.  I'm actually the only one who DOESN'T do this, which is funny.  Everybody uses nothing but nothing to cite their opinions, and you make fun of me for providing actual facts to use in my argument.  When have I ever said, "THis is a fact and I can't possibly be wrong?"  I'm providing facts to argue what I think is a fact and others use their opinion in response. 

"Who cares"

They cry for pages and then they don't care when they have anything questioned lol. Just let them have it. It makes them feel warm and fuzzy we signed Korey ******* Toomer because he ran kind of fast 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Wow, thought he was a second year guy, didn't realize he's a 3rd-year guy and still not appreciated enough by Dallas to have kept him.  That's less encouraging.  

Also didn't realize there was a 3-week requirement for a PS steal.  That changes a lot; I'd assumed he was just a Jones filler-in.  But if they're committed for three weeks, that's a different story.  Hmmm....

Maybe that means they like him more?  Think he was injured last year, right?

More than likely a special teams guy. Played special teams all 4 years of college, was a KR his first 2 years (although only 6 total returns). Has elite athleticism, nice size, and has been a productive pass catcher. As a runner he lacks vision. Seems comparable to Ty Montgomery. At least in the role he might play if Monty were to go down. Special teams, pass catcher, potential returner.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Darius Jackson is a head scratcher for me.

He hasn't been good enough to get into more than 5 pre-season games since 2016. 

Good height-weight-speed, but hasn't shown he can play football.   By signing him off a practice squad, he ahs to be on the roster for 3 weeks.

???  I don't get it.

Gute scouts by combine numbers because that's what the fans want/do. Keeping the fans happy!

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

But he's a "veterans" and was drafted. Gute for prez

What possible criticism could you have for the Toomer signing? Journeyman vet ILB with experience at just about every ILB position. Previously starter experience. Forced twice as many fumbles in two years with SD/LAC than Ryan has in his entire GB career. Adds experience to a position that currently has none on our team outside of Morrison who is also brand new. 

Get your head out of your ***. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

What possible criticism could you have for the Toomer signing? Journeyman vet ILB with experience at just about every ILB position. Previously starter experience. Forced twice as many fumbles in two years with SD/LAC than Ryan has in his entire GB career. Adds experience to a position that currently has none on our team outside of Morrison who is also brand new. 

Get your head out of your ***. 

Lol my head is up my ***. I've forgot more football than you know. There's no issue with it. But talking like he's the 100th upgrade to Ryan we've signed so far according to your *** is so annoying. There's literally nobody we couldn't sign who has played on another team you wouldn't call a Ryan upgrade and ohh forced fumbles, yay. We didn't go out of our way to find that one. It's Korey ******* Toomer. He's not a bad add but since we went so long not adding these guys, or at least that was the perception, now it's like every single one is a golden goose. After 5 years of this you'll start top realize very few of them will ever move the needle. That doesn't make them bad adds, but most teams would barely talk about these because they're used to them and know they rarely do spit.

11 minutes ago, Lieker said:

More than likely a special teams guy. Played special teams all 4 years of college, was a KR his first 2 years (although only 6 total returns). Has elite athleticism, nice size, and has been a productive pass catcher. As a runner he lacks vision. Seems comparable to Ty Montgomery. At least in the role he might play if Monty were to go down. Special teams, pass catcher, potential returner.

I wonder if he can block?  Monty as a 3rd down guy would be fun, as a pass-catcher, if he could block.  If the new guy can block, interest goes way up for me!  :)

Archived