Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the Bears have hit some home runs in the draft the past few years and that's going to carry them a long way.  Obviously still needs to be seen on the field by some of those guys, but I really like what they've done.  I think Roquan Smith has the potential to be the best player in the 2018 draft.  I'm really hoping that Kevin White can stay healthy because he's an immense talent and I'm a believer in Mitch Trubisky. 

The Bears are going to be a problem for the rest of the league sooner rather than later.

Im with you for the most part.

I pretty much have been constantly impressed with what Pace has been able to accomplish in such a short time. 

Look at who theyve acquired via draft and FA/trades:

Adrian Amos, Eddie Jackson, Kyle Fuller, Prince Amukamura, Danny Trevathan, Leonard Floyd, Eddie Goldman, Akiem Hicks, and now freaking Khalil Mack. That is almost their entire 11 man starting D and I like every one of those guys and also love some of them as players also. 

Then offensively theyve managed to completely reboot their skill guys from league worst to a group I think will be as good as any maybe in a year. Cohen, Howard, Burton, Sheehan, Miller, Gabriel, freaking Allen Robinson....and hey theres also the guy they drafted like 7th overall 3 (i think) years ago who is finally actually healthy  for the first time pretty much ever in Kevin White. So hes just like a free bonus lotto ticket that might just be a throwaway but then again could also pay off big time.

And I think the Nagy hiring was good, and how they were able to keep Fangio on board as DC in the middle of a freaking head coaching transition still awes me tbh.

IMO this team is going to be either a solid to good playoff contender if Trubisky is just meh, or a top 5 team if he is anything more than average really.

But i have one reservation which is precisely him. Im just not a believer. Luckily the offense he was in was so bland and predictable we basically didnt get to even see if he had promise even so theres still plenty of hope there for Bears fans.

45 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Aha, got it. Yeah, that's just cashing that pick out now vs in 2019, nothing horrible about it.

Point still remains, Bears have no real loss from this.

I'm looking at the Bears overall roster after this trade.  They don't have their '19 1st round pick or 2nd round pick, and they've got a projected $36M in cap space right now but that excludes the Mack extension.  You have to figure his cap hit is going to be at least $18M, which takes a HUGE dent of their cap space.  I'm not going to pretend I'm privy to the Bears' cap situation, but the only way the Bears can improve their roster next year realistically is via FA.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Idk how the Raiders season will turn out honestly. We've seen teams lose their best player and win big.

It is true. The Raiders might turn around and surprise us all but right now.... I have my doubts. Serious ones. 

Archived