Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I think you have it backwards.  Who cares how open a guy is if he can’t catch the damn ball? Do we get half the yardage because our receiver was open?  I wouldn’t trust Moore at all. Really hope we don’t have him active until he consistently catches the ball. 

Don’t have it backwards. Rodgers doesn’t throw to covered guys, unless your name is Nelson , Cobb, or Adams... and I’m sure graham will get that benefit too.

so no... if you can’t get open you are for sure not getting any yards. Listening to coaches and seeing the depth chart, Moore has their trust to do what he needs to down in and down out. I’m sure they believe they can correct the catching issue. 

So I stand by my assessment. I’m betting Moore is ahead of the other rookies.

12 hours ago, Green19 said:

Don’t have it backwards. Rodgers doesn’t throw to covered guys, unless your name is Nelson , Cobb, or Adams... and I’m sure graham will get that benefit too.

so no... if you can’t get open you are for sure not getting any yards. Listening to coaches and seeing the depth chart, Moore has their trust to do what he needs to down in and down out. I’m sure they believe they can correct the catching issue. 

So I stand by my assessment. I’m betting Moore is ahead of the other rookies.

You're wrong though lol. I'll bet you a beer he gets the fewest of the rookie snaps. I'm guessing he gets 0 Sunday honestly

2 hours ago, Norm said:

You're wrong though lol. I'll bet you a beer he gets the fewest of the rookie snaps. I'm guessing he gets 0 Sunday honestly

I’d take that bet... but it’s hard to pay up, given internet. Unless you just mean it as like a gentleman’s bet that at anytime you can hold it over me haha. If that’s the case...sure, I never mind being wrong.

For the sake of the bet we just talking offensive snaps? As that’s what the discussion is about... I’m sure MVS will likely be a guy on special teams a lot this year but special teams doesn’t signal status on offense.

Also what if none of the rookies get offensive snap Sunday? Something I think is a very strong possibility. And just curious... why do you fell so strongly he isn’t the first rookie in the game if needed?

In years past, MM had juggled his daily schedule to account for how Olympic athletes trained before a meet. Instead of working them hard on Friday and only a walk through on Saturday - he switched to having Friday as a massage & treatment day, with a more vigorous workout on Saturday.

Not sure if that is still the case, but if it is - then today is the day for a 2 hour deep tissue massage

( tried to google up an FF-safe masseuse pic.... was not successful  B|  )

11 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I’d take that bet... but it’s hard to pay up, given internet. Unless you just mean it as like a gentleman’s bet that at anytime you can hold it over me haha. If that’s the case...sure, I never mind being wrong.

For the sake of the bet we just talking offensive snaps? As that’s what the discussion is about... I’m sure MVS will likely be a guy on special teams a lot this year but special teams doesn’t signal status on offense.

Also what if none of the rookies get offensive snap Sunday? Something I think is a very strong possibility. And just curious... why do you fell so strongly he isn’t the first rookie in the game if needed?

Yeah just offense.  Push if it's all nothing. And yeah gentleman's bet we can give each other crap over lol

And honestly I just don't think they'll trust his route running accuracy, more or less. I'm not super strong with that, just my impression. 

Archived