Mayweather vs McGregor

SteelersFanMD

Just now, mse326 said:

What? You mean Connor didn't admit he was hurt? He was taking pretty heavy shots and wobbling around the ring. Looked like Foreman v Ali about to just topple over any second.

He wasn't throwing any punches and barely able to defend himself. Can't take a breather mid-round.

Conor Mutha F'n McGregor. All those clowns acting like he was a complete joke L-O-L. Like I said earlier, he starts boxing 7 or 8 years earlier and he could be a champ with a good promoter. 

He acquitted himself very well. Floyd looked pretty washed, but Conor's awkward style contributed to that. Though I did think Floyd carried him a bit and then turned it up at the end. The stoppage was fine. Conor was taking flush shot after flush shot and was stumbling like crazy. 

Conor beats Paulie..... 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

through 8 it was more entertaining than any Floyd fight I ever watched

The first 8 were super competitive. 

The first three rounds was Floyd literally sticking his head out and letting Conor hit him. Everything past that was a clinic. Conor did nothing after Floyd stopped screwing around.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

What? You mean Connor didn't admit he was hurt? He was taking pretty heavy shots and wobbling around the ring. Looked like Foreman v Ali about to just topple over any second.

The f where you watching? First, these are light weights and nothing like Ali. Secondly, correct - he literally said in the middle of the ring in the big mic: "Floyd has no power, he has no speed. Im fine, I was just tired and got a bit wobbly. He didnt do any damage to me"

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

He was getting popped, particularly on his left side. Face had already swollen up some.

Glad they stopped the fight when they did. He was ready to tip over any second.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What? It was like mid round 8 he died. And he came out round 9 dead. Then literally 10 seconds later he is perfectly fine.

He was starting to wear down in 5. He used to much energy in the beginning by trying to do too much like; switching stances, moving too much, not pacing himself, not using the ropes to his advantage when Floyd was coming at him - instead electing to try to run. 

All of these things caught up to him.

10 minutes ago, Jags said:

He got worn out for 10 rounds. Definitely not the worst fight I've ever seen. Worth a watch, but not worth $100. 

You don't pay 100 for this fight to think McGregor would out box him, fight was worth 100 because it was the two biggest names it contact sports and the off chance McGregor could pull the big upset. 

Just now, Typical_Lions said:

He wasn't throwing any punches and barely able to defend himself. Can't take a breather mid-round.

He was definitely hurt. Definitely tired but also hurt. Legs were shot and he couldn't dodge any punch the last two rounds. 

The judges were tripping. I gave Conor three rounds. I didn't give him the first three like Farhood. Thought Floyd definitely landed the better shots in the 3rd. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The f where you watching? First, these are light weights and nothing like Ali. Secondly, correct - he literally said in the middle of the ring in the big mic: "Floyd has no power, he has no speed. Im fine, I was just tired and got a bit wobbly. He didnt do any damage to me"

He was about to hit the mat from taking shots to the face. He wasn't even putting up his hands to defend himself.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So because Connor said it must be true. Give me a break. He was taking big shots all through the last like 4 rounds and wobbling after each one. He can claim it was only fatigue all he wants but he was hurt and not defending himself at all.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

same thing happened in his 2nd Diaz fight tho, he was getting rocked in the 4th and looked like he was done and had to come back and win the 5th and he did.

But based on boxing rules, I think the ref made the right call.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It just reinforces my opinion about boxing and how stupid it is as a fighting sport (and I boxed as a teen)

A dude who never boxed professionally went 8 competitive rounds with the greatest of all time and is leaving the ring without ever falling down.

Archived