Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

The only thing known about Watts' character is that she's a "charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret".

Hmm. Sounds like Cersei.  I'm guessing she could be playing Lann The Clever. Who was best known for being a legendary hero who helped build the house of Lannister.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

The only thing known about Watts' character is that she's a "charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret".

Hmm. Sounds like Cersei.  I'm guessing she could be playing Lann The Clever. Who was best known for being a legendary hero who helped build the house of Lannister.

I'd dig it if she were Lann the Clever and Lann was actually a female. Would be a fun little twist on how history gets warped over time. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd dig it if she were Lann the Clever and Lann was actually a female. Would be a fun little twist on how history gets warped over time. 

My thoughts as well.

I think the show might purposefully kind of switch around some details compared to what we know from the stories told in the books to show how much stories get embellished and  how just small details can change over time. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Lann is her
Lann is her
Lann is her
Lannisher
Lannisher
Lannister
Lannister
LANNISTER

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Cersei has never really been a socialite though. Maergery absolutely but Cersei never came across that way. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Absolutely not. It's become way too Hollywood to do something like that and I hope shes more original then that. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Cersei has never really been a socialite though. Maergery absolutely but Cersei never came across that way. 

I guess maybe not in the way we knew her on the show. But IMO in that world she'd be looked at as one simply because of who she was. But I guess she wasn't exactly deceptive in the way that Maergery was in that Maergery was incredibly charismatic and charming and affable but all with a purpose.

Cersei moreso just used fear to get people on her side so yeah you're right really.

But I still believe Watts will be playing someone with Lannister blood. Lann the Clever sort of established house Lannister. And though people assume it was a man, we don't know for sure. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I see what you did there. H/e I think that would be too cliche for Martin. And if it did happen it would definitely be a Hollywood writer that did it. 

It's already heavily hinted at in Martin's work that Lann the Clever founded House Lannister. It would not be a Hollywood creation.

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I see what you did there. H/e I think that would be too cliche for Martin. And if it did happen it would definitely be a Hollywood writer that did it. 

It was definitely a joke.  If that actually happened, the show would likely be terrible enough that I would have quit watching by then.

16 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm sure this has been discussed but I don't feel like rummaging through. Have they announced why the selected the two main people as directors for the upcoming season? I just noticed that's pretty much all we know as of now.

Why they were selected? 

Well, Sapochnik excels at the action sequences / wars. So I imagine that the two episodes he directs will be huge with that, including the battle with the others. He previously directed Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards, which are probably the two biggest action set pieces in the series (along with maybe the battle of the Blackwater). He also directed the Winds of Winter, which may be the best episode of the series, to be honest. So he's a director I'm very happy to have during the upcoming season. 

Nutter has a history with the show, and has done some of the bigger episodes that don't have the huge battles like Sapochnik does. His big moments tend to be more shocking, but he has a history of directing big, important episodes. He did the Rains of Castamere and then did Dance of Dragons (this was the episode where Shireen was burned). I'm sure he directed more, but those are the two that spring to mind. 

• Like 3