Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Random time jumping thought - seems like people here think the time lapse of Gendry sending the raven and Dany storming in seems impossible.

What if it's revealed that Dany never got the raven? What if she acted on intuition? 

Would be a neat way to confirm Jon's relation to her. Odds of it being true is nil, but just thinking...

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Random time jumping thought - seems like people here think the time lapse of Gendry sending the raven and Dany storming in seems impossible.

What if it's revealed that Dany never got the raven? What if she acted on intuition? 

Would be a neat way to confirm Jon's relation to her. Odds of it being true is nil, but just thinking...

That's probably how it should have happened, but I don't see it being the case either. It doesn't even have to be intuition. You can have her go help out of concern.

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

That's probably how it should have happened, but I don't see it being the case either. It doesn't even have to be intuition. You can have her go help out of concern.

Intuition would be cool - less of wanting to help, more of a feeling somebody close to her (in this case, her unknown nephew) is in danger. 

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

Something like right as Gendry gets back to the wall and collapses, the 3 dragons emerge from over the wall tearing past Eastwatch.  Then fill in why she left early in the Dany/Jon convo on the boat.

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

seems like people here think the time lapse of Gendry sending the raven and Dany storming in seems impossible.

The time frame makes sense though. See my post a few pages back. 

2 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

None of the dragons were looking at the NK. Here is the scene again. Drogon is not looking at him at all. Doesn't matter anyway. Viserion was always going to be the one to go.

Two facts remain:

1. He hit Viserion.  Mission accomplished, one dragon down, good decision.
2. The "explosion" from hitting Viserion may well have been his intention, and that was a shot he could not have made on a dragon that was grounded.

No matter what the complaint is, it's a bad complaint to complain about him choosing to hit a dragon that he did, in fact, kill.

Otherwise, let's say you're a fan of the Steelers because I don't know who your favorite team is.  By the logic you're suggesting, Ben Roethlisberger should never throw to Brown because Bryant is bigger.  It's the equivalent of complaining about your QB throwing a TD pass to a lesser receiver when it doesn't fricking matter because your team scored a TD. 

Complain about other things.  Not that.  It's a stupid complaint, and I'm officially done defending the Night King's decision because there's no reason it should have to be defended. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I'm still shocked only one out the seven men died during that mission. I knew Jon, Davos, Mormont were safe but the rest I thought were goners.

yeah I thought Tormund was done. 

i was definitely on the edge of my seat still about characters dying, even though they have become much more conservative w that than in the past.

I dgaf about Thoros, but it is significant that they lost the dude that can bring Beric (and prob Jon) back to life 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Two facts remain:

1. He hit Viserion.  Mission accomplished, one dragon down, good decision.
2. The "explosion" from hitting Viserion may well have been his intention, and that was a shot he could not have made on a dragon that was grounded.

No matter what the complaint is, it's a bad complaint to complain about him choosing to hit a dragon that he did, in fact, kill.

Otherwise, let's say you're a fan of the Steelers because I don't know who your favorite team is.  By the logic you're suggesting, Ben Roethlisberger should never throw to Brown because Bryant is bigger.  It's the equivalent of complaining about your QB throwing a TD pass to a lesser receiver when it doesn't fricking matter because your team scored a TD. 

Complain about other things.  Not that.  It's a stupid complaint, and I'm officially done defending the Night King's decision because there's no reason it should have to be defended. 

Speculating about the details is meaningless because we have no idea what his intentions/abilities are. My main grievance with that scene is that the showrunners did a poor job conveying why he would go after Viserion instead of Drogon. No argument is  convincing because there's nothing but speculation to support it.  I have no way of knowing what his ice spear can do. I don't know if he needs to hit them in the gut to kill them or just hit them. Is there some magic involved to make it stronger? The NK knows Jon Snow. I'm guessing he's smart enough to deduce that Dany is tied to the dragons. Why not take them out? It just makes more sense. If there's a reason he picked Viserion instead, the show doesn't portray it. 

20 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I'm still shocked only one out the seven men died during that mission. I knew Jon, Davos, Mormont were safe but the rest I thought were goners.

The trek beyond the wall was too stupid an idea for the writers to get away with more significant deaths. They didn't do enough to convince us that there is any point in showing Cersei a wight or that she will care.