Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Only in Game of Thrones can they show a guy screwing his aunt while a 3rd person narrator confirms that it's incest and somehow that doesn't bother people.

Only in game of thrones can you root for a guy that shoved a child out of a window, sleeps with his sister, and then takes her by force next to their dead son. 

15 minutes ago, mse326 said:
17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If they didn't learn that lesson, then how are you gonna hold it against them? I just don't get it.

Because I don't buy they don't know that was Ned's code.

Unless you have proof from the books that they did know that rule Ned had, then you are just being hyper critical about something for no good reason.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah, though somewhat odd... Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon with Elia Martell.

And even if Lyanna was aware of Rhaegar having been killed by Robert at the Trident (not even sure if Ned knew that yet when he arrived at the Tower of Joy), she wouldn't have known about the Mountain going Targ-genocidal with Elia and her kiddos.

He knew.  The knights protecting the tower said Ned's friend, the Usurper, would lie beneath the ground had they been at the Trident.  Ned responded with "Your king is dead.  Rhaegar lies beneath the ground.  Why weren't you there to protect your prince?"

Jon being Aegon bothers me since he already had a son named Aegon, even in the show.  Should have just been Rhaegar II (or whatever number he would have been).

Edited by seminoles1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Unless you have proof from the books that they did know that rule Ned had, then you are just being hyper critical about something for no good reason.

1. I don't need proof to have a belief

2. Then you still lose the honor of House Stark. Not really keeping with the narrative

3. Don't be so butthurt just because something irked me that you don't care about. That is kind of opinions are all about.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

Couldn't tell if it was jealousy or he's sold out to Cersei for her cooperation. 

I took it as the show telling us that he knows Aegon/Jon (AeJon?) and Dany are in love. In the last episode he was asking her about the succession, so it fits that he's interested in who she is likely to end up marrying.

Episode was solid, but not great to me.  I much preferred the build up and reveal last year.  The music, the editing, and the tension were much better executed in the season 6 finale.

The show has become predictable, especially compared to the first 4 or 5 seasons.  No one expected Cersei to keep her word, everyone expected the reveals, everyone expected Jon and Dany to have their ways with each other, etc.  A true GoT twist would have been Cersei actually killing Jaime.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Episode was solid, but not great to me.  I much preferred the build up and reveal last year.  The music, the editing, and the tension were much better executed in the season 6 finale.

The show has become predictable, especially compared to the first 4 or 5 seasons.  No one expected Cersei to keep her word, everyone expected the reveals, everyone expected Jon and Dany to have their ways with each other, etc.  A true GoT twist would have been Cersei actually killing Jaime.

Last year would have been hard to top. The winds of winter has a legitimate claim as possibly the greatest episode of the series in my opinion. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I took it as the show telling us that he knows Aegon/Jon (AeJon?) and Dany are in love. In the last episode he was asking her about the succession, so it fits that he's interested in who she is likely to end up marrying.

Same. He also recently had that conversation about Drogo, Jorah,  Dario (sp?), and Jon falling for her which she played off. I just took that scene as him surveying the situation and confirming his beliefs about them falling for each other to be true. Did come off quite creepy though.