Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

12 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

So anyone have thoughts about what the deal was with Tyrion? That was the one odd part of the episode. 

In the original trilogy idea that GRRM had for the initial draft, there was supposed to be a Jon-Arya-Tyrion love triangle, and Tyrion being 'bad'. Obviously the love triangle idea was scrapped, as well as Tyrion being the 'bad' Lannister that Cersei is now. But who knows what the future holds.

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

Same. He also recently had that conversation about Drogo, Jorah,  Dario (sp?), and Jon falling for her which she played off. I just took that scene as him surveying the situation and confirming his beliefs about them falling for each other to be true. Did come off quite creepy though.

Agreed.  I don't think Tyrion is in love or anything.  Dinklage did play that scene with a very somber face, though.  

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Episode was solid, but not great to me.  I much preferred the build up and reveal last year.  The music, the editing, and the tension were much better executed in the season 6 finale.

The show has become predictable, especially compared to the first 4 or 5 seasons.  No one expected Cersei to keep her word, everyone expected the reveals, everyone expected Jon and Dany to have their ways with each other, etc.  A true GoT twist would have been Cersei actually killing Jaime.

Agreed 

From reddit

"I think Tyrion promised Cersei's child to be the next heir to throne, since he believes Daenerys will have no children. That's why Cersei then agreed to fight, so that the Lannister house will stay in power. He thinks he can get this done by continuing to push democracy for the new empire. I think that's also why they showed Tyrion in the Jon/Dany scene because he might be worried that his plan will be ruined if Dany actually has a child."

Seems like a somewhat plausible theory. 

I enjoyed a lot of the spectacle, but book reader me wants to nitpick a few things with it.

Like, Rhaegar already had a son named Aegon, and the whole Aegon thing is a reaaaally important thing in the books. They couldn't think of anything else? Would've loved for it to be Aemon, create a parallel with Maester Aemon. Even like, Rhaegar Junior would have made more sense than "Aegon, but not his other brother Aegon."

I'm glad the "sisters are faking it to trap Baelish" was actually the thing. I was worried they were doing something stupid with it.

So many hints at Cleganebowl, good lord, I CAN HEAR THE AIRHORNS. That will be hype next season.

1 minute ago, sunnygsm said:

From reddit

"I think Tyrion promised Cersei's child to be the next heir to throne, since he believes Daenerys will have no children. That's why Cersei then agreed to fight, so that the Lannister house will stay in power. He thinks he can get this done by continuing to push democracy for the new empire. I think that's also why they showed Tyrion in the Jon/Dany scene because he might be worried that his plan will be ruined if Dany actually has a child."

Seems like a somewhat plausible theory. 

Won't matter as they'll know Cersi was lying the whole time..

that tbeory goes out the window ASAP..

and there is no way cersi is pregnant!

thats fake news.