Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Littlefinger has essentially been a neutered character since the knights of the vale came to the rescue.  For how good the character was following the book plot, the show writers just completely butchered him once they didn't have it laid out for them.

Rhaegar going George Forman on us with multiple kids with the same name?

When did Sam go back and read what he shushed Gilly about in the previous episode?  More poor writing.

Long ride Bebe.. Surely he had lots of time..

reported as well.. 

What does everything think of Tyrion's look at the end?

I believe he promised Cersei that her baby would be the next in line to the throne if she banded together with the rest of Westeros. Tyrion's speech about not wanting to destroy the family coupled with his love for her kids fits the theory. Cersei accepted it to appease the company at King's Landing. However, she is cunning as well and never planned on leaving her son as an heir up to chance with Dany.

Now that Tyrion is seeing the close bond between Cersei and Jon, he fears he won't be able to hold up his end of the bargain.

1 minute ago, Jetfan66 said:

I believe he promised Cersei that her baby would be the next in line to the throne if she banded together with the rest of Westeros. Tyrion's speech about not wanting to destroy the family coupled with his love for her kids fits the theory. Cersei accepted it to appease the company at King's Landing. However, she is cunning as well and never planned on leaving her son as an heir up to chance with Dany.

Now that Tyrion is seeing the close bond between Cersei and Jon, he fears he won't be able to hold up his end of the bargain.

I don't see why Tyrion would strike this bargain or how he could convince Dany it's a good idea.

I think he just is worried about any potential political consequences / side-effects of the two of them falling in love.

7 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

I just thought the great warrior Rhaegar would have been more muscular. I don't mind the same hair. I envisioned a more jacked version of Viserys.

Curious that people seem to have the muscular view of him. I have never thought that. The only real description of him is supposedly "tall and beautiful", and so far as I can remember, there haven't been a lot of targs described as "muscular"...I always picture them more lithe than anything. Growing up, Rhaegar was bookish in nature and he was a guy who loved music. He only learned to fight because he read it in a book that he had to become a warrior (for prophecy purposes), but he was never in love with it. Just never got the impression that he would be muscular. A bigger version of Viserys actually sounded about right to me. I always took his talent at fighting to be more technical and skillful than anything physically driven (and there's the question of just how good of a warrior he is - he won the tourney at Harrenhall, but there is a theory that fight was staged and he was allowed to win and we really don't have any more evidence that he was a particularly good fighter). 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Curious that people seem to have the muscular view of him. I have never thought that. The only real description of him is supposedly "tall and beautiful", and so far as I can remember, there haven't been a lot of targs described as "muscular"...I always picture them more lithe than anything. Growing up, Rhaegar was bookish in nature and he was a guy who loved music. He only learned to fight because he read it in a book that he had to become a warrior (for prophecy purposes), but he was never in love with it. Just never got the impression that he would be muscular. A bigger version of Viserys actually sounded about right to me. I always took his talent at fighting to be more technical and skillful than anything physically driven (and there's the question of just how good of a warrior he is - he won the tourney at Harrenhall, but there is a theory that fight was staged and he was allowed to win and we really don't have any more evidence that he was a particularly good fighter). 

We see inconsistencies of perception vs. reality elsewhere too. While Jon is a good fighter, he seems to be talked about as more legendary than he actually is based on stories people hear about him. Ned is another case where people view him as a better fighter than he actually probably was. While standing toe to toe with Ser Arthur Dayne is a tall task, word everywhere else is that Ned actually beat him in one on one combat.

You also have the viewpoint that people have of Jaime vs. his actual motivation when you look at the Kingslayer moniker.

It wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility that Rhaegar had stories about him twisted a bit to make him seem more legendary than he actually was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Same. "He looked like Viserys, why!" ...because they're brothers?

I mean it was just kind of distracting. And we hated that character so much. It was still an awesome scene, but they should have gotten more attractive people to keep it 100 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Earlier in the DragonStone War Council/Map Room it was clear to all in that room that Dany was now taking Jon's advice over anyone else's (Jorah's in this case). When Tyrion was creeping and saw/heard what Jon and Dany were doing on that boat, I think it really drove home that Dany and Jon are now a unit, and his role as primary advisor may have potentially been superseded by Jon.

The problem is the two of them being in love could hamper their decision making or cause them to do something out of character/silly in the coming war against the Night King.

Cersei's plan would fall apart the minute Jamie rides North without the Lannister Army with him and Jon/Dany/Everyone realise they've been betrayed. Cersei has pretty much backed herself into a corner now with Euron and the Golden Company whenever they get across the Narrow Sea.