Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'm actually kind of loving the fact that someone on there caught something that totally evaded me at first.  Ned told Jon, in S1E2 IIRC, that the next time he saw him they'd talk about his mother.  And then Jon finds out about who his mother is in this episode... in front of the statue of Ned at Ned's tomb, which legitimately was the next time Jon did see Ned.

Yep, I read this over there also. Totally didn't think about it. Nice subtlety about the episode. I honestly thought they'd end w/ that convo and not the one they actually ended w/. That will be an awkward reunion for lack of a better term lol

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'll probably go back and rewatch at another airing before next week's episode, but am I the only one that saw the Night King's face in the face in the weirwood tree in Winterfell?

I said the same thing to my wife!! Has it always been like this or did it progressively get this way over time?

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Always gotta throw that bit in there, like somebody can't dislike something for what it is. Come the **** on, that's such a lazy *** argument and it needs to stop being thrown around.

Everything she did in Easteros has little to no affect on the rest of the characters in the world. It's just her rolling around town with her plot-armor set to full shields while she commits screw up after screw up and sees very few consequences.

Any other character gets Drago killed like that, dead on the spot.

What did she actually do in the Warlock tower? This was the most incompetent bunch of morons ever. They basically tripped over their own dicks while she stood and watched.

As far as Essos, great? She rolled in with her army, sat down on the chair, pissed everyone off for a few years and then noped the hell out of there. 

Are we the only two members of the hate on Dany fan club? It's probably been 5 or 6 years years now since I finished the books, but man, book Dany is a lot worse than show Dany imo

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Are we the only two members of the hate on Dany fan club? It's probably been 5 or 6 years years now since I finished the books, but man, book Dany is a lot worse than show Dany imo

Which is actually wild because show Dany is [Jean-Ralphio voice] the woooorrrrrsssssttttt!

Don't even think Clarke is doing a bad job with it. Just a painful character.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Which is actually wild because show Dany is [Jean-Ralphio voice] the woooorrrrrsssssttttt!

Don't even think Clarke is doing a bad job with it. Just a painful character.

Emilia's eyebrows are trying their hardest. 

But yeah. I've always been behind Jon, and I really don't want to see them do a split rule. If Dany doesn't say to the Northerners in the next episode before the Battle of Winterfell that Jon can be King in the North (before she finds out about R+L=J)  then I'll be officially done with her.

Parks and Rec tho, AG you single?

• Like 1

I’m interested to see how the northern Lords handle the reveal of Jon’s parentage. Realistically, they would feel skeptical that Jon didn’t have previous knowledge of this and would likely feel betrayed, swearing themselves to a secret Targaryean. There’s still a lot of hard feelings left over from the rebellion. Now they’re supposed to support and be ruled by two Targaryean’s when their greatest wish is northern independence? Im sure they’d feel grateful being saved from the WWs, but that only goes so far. 

A possible consequence would be them not going south to fight Cersei once the WWs are dealt with. That’s something I would expect out of GRRM. I’m not expecting that out of the show though. 

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

lol stop trying to get in on this thing AG and I have brewing

Uh, I have been voicing my dislike for her since the first season when everybody else was still distracted by her looks. 

what did I just say

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m interested to see how the northern Lords handle the reveal of Jon’s parentage. Realistically, they would feel skeptical that Jon didn’t have previous knowledge of this and would likely feel betrayed, swearing themselves to a secret Targaryean. There’s still a lot of hard feelings left over from the rebellion. Now they’re supposed to support and be ruled by two Targaryean’s when their greatest wish is northern independence. Im sure they’d feel grateful being saved from the WWs, but that only goes so far. 

A possible consequence would be them not going south to fight Cersei once the WWs are stealth with. That’s something I would expect out of GRRM. I’m not expecting that out of the show though. 

While he is a bastard, they did say along the lines of "I don't care, you're Ned's son". They also never really brought up Lyanna as someone who was super adored by the North, always Ned and his brother.

It's a good question. Do they jump behind his claim because it would be the first northerner to rule? Or do they want him to stay in the North. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Always gotta throw that bit in there, like somebody can't dislike something for what it is. Come the **** on, that's such a lazy *** argument and it needs to stop being thrown around.

Everything she did in Easteros has little to no affect on the rest of the characters in the world. It's just her rolling around town with her plot-armor set to full shields while she commits screw up after screw up and sees very few consequences.

Any other character gets Drago killed like that, dead on the spot.

What did she actually do in the Warlock tower? This was the most incompetent bunch of morons ever. They basically tripped over their own dicks while she stood and watched.

As far as Essos, great? She rolled in with her army, sat down on the chair, pissed everyone off for a few years and then noped the hell out of there. 

Are you talking about the show or the books?

22 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m interested to see how the northern Lords handle the reveal of Jon’s parentage. Realistically, they would feel skeptical that Jon didn’t have previous knowledge of this and would likely feel betrayed, swearing themselves to a secret Targaryean. There’s still a lot of hard feelings left over from the rebellion. Now they’re supposed to support and be ruled by two Targaryean’s when their greatest wish is northern independence? Im sure they’d feel grateful being saved from the WWs, but that only goes so far. 

A possible consequence would be them not going south to fight Cersei once the WWs are dealt with. That’s something I would expect out of GRRM. I’m not expecting that out of the show though. 

Thats possible....and this is a fantasy so anything could happen - but when / if they consider the arc of Jon's existence.....it would be hard to conclude he's been sitting on the fact that he's the chosen one.....meanwhile, he's living a life of "you dont count" exclusion. Risking (and losing) his life while shoveling everybody else's ^^^^.

Which brings us to Jon's big decision: does he tell Dany and lay claim to the whole enchilada? 

Basically, Dany's been living out an existence of "entitlement" - "I'm the rightful heir to this and that - so as a consequence, I'm going to do this and that" - which is  the prototypical "male / masculine" persona. People would probably have less "dispute" with the character's actions it was portrayed by a man. 

Whereas Jon's life hasnt known entitlement till the current times and he gave that position away....for the betterment of mankind of course! Which is why he's a beloved character and is the prototypical "female" arc. Jon's killed his fair share of folks as well....but he gets a pass because of his downtrodden but righteous life.

Edited by Leader