Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Bronn won't kill Jaime and Cersei doesn't want him dead. She's just emotional because she's pregnant

Oh yeah he definitely won't, but Cersie seeing them in the capital would immediately raise red flags with her, whereas if she saw Qyburn she wouldn't think twice about it.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I honestly think there’s a zero percent chance that Bronn kills either of the brothers. He loves them and owes them way too much to be that selfish. The dude is a real one.

Agreed. Bronn is that dude.

Just now, El ramster said:

She’s not even preggo though 

I thought about this, especially considering how much she knows Tyrion knows she loved her children AND that Tyrion loved them, so she faked being preggers in order to let him think he was outsmarting her - BUT the one thing that makes me believe she's actually preggers is that she's not drinking wine in any of the scenes we've seen so far (even in S7, too after it's revealed). She pours herself drinks but never actually drinks them.

Just now, El ramster said:
1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Bronn won't kill Jaime and Cersei doesn't want him dead. She's just emotional because she's pregnant

She’s not even preggo though 

Since it hasn't been confirmed, what is your reasoning? You think she lied to reel Jaime in? 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Oh yeah he definitely won't, but Cersie seeing them in the capital would immediately raise red flags with her, whereas if she saw Qyburn she wouldn't think twice about it.

Arya could get up to Cersei's room by wearing a random's face and sneaking, and then just being Jaime when he knocks on the door. They could make it happen easily enough

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jamie and Brienne die fighting together holding an area would be sick.

It's kind of what I'm hoping for.  Gives you a great (what this show has become notorious for) "closing sequence that ends up not quite being the closing sequence" where he gets cut down but not killed, that causes enough a distraction that causes her to be impaled, fire is burning all around them to create awesome lighting, and they die looking out across at each other, eyes fixated on one another while "Rains of Castamere" plays in the background.  Gives Jamie his redemption and comes full-circle to him becoming to Kingslayer to save the city from the Mad King.  Gives Brienne her redemption - or the redemption she feels she needs for failing to save Renly, whom she loved but couldn't have (there are some definite Jamie/Renly parallels that exist in Brienne's arc, they're just a lot more apparent in the books).  And it produces a "let's make the audience scream and cry" moment that we know D&D love to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

It's kind of what I'm hoping for.  Gives you a great (what this show has become notorious for) "closing sequence that ends up not quite being the closing sequence" where he gets cut down but not killed, that causes enough a distraction that causes her to be impaled, fire is burning all around them to create awesome lighting, and they die looking out across at each other, eyes fixated on one another while "Rains of Castamere" plays in the background.  Gives Jamie his redemption and comes full-circle to him becoming to Kingslayer to save the city from the Mad King.  Gives Brienne her redemption - or the redemption she feels she needs for failing to save Renly, whom she loved but couldn't have (there are some definite Jamie/Renly parallels that exist in Brienne's arc, they're just a lot more apparent in the books).  And it produces a "let's make the audience scream and cry" moment that we know D&D love to do.

I imagine a fight where like they fend off the dead for a while, then get overrun and wounded and the dead leave them to die in each other's arms. Cheesy AF and of course the dead have not done that previously (except for when they ignore Sam in like S3? I still can't remember how he made it back to the wall after that), but yeah.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Agreed. Bronn is that dude.

I thought about this, especially considering how much she knows Tyrion knows she loved her children AND that Tyrion loved them, so she faked being preggers in order to let him think he was outsmarting her - BUT the one thing that makes me believe she's actually preggers is that she's not drinking wine in any of the scenes we've seen so far (even in S7, too after it's revealed). She pours herself drinks but never actually drinks them.

She was just drinking wine after having sex with Euron 

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he killed one. He's said the entire series it was always about the money.

I wouldn't bet on it but it's definitely in play.

I feel the same. I'm not betting on it, but if they wanted to stay as true to the core character as possible (or at least what he has always purported himself to be), then he will take a shot. Honestly, the best way to stay true to what Bronn has always represented himself as, and make it so that he doesn't kill them is that he finally takes Tyrion up on that offer to double whatever he's being paid lol. 

I've watched that scene twice and to my knowledge she never actually takes a drink of it

Dang you sure it’s something I’ll have to look for. But I’ve honestly thought she took a few sips. It could also be a producer type edit to make us think she’s pregnant. Like Sansa said, she’s pure evil. 

I imagine a fight where like they fend off the dead for a while, then get overrun and wounded and the dead leave them to die in each other's arms. Cheesy AF and of course the dead have not done that previously (except for when they ignore Sam in like S3? I still can't remember how he made it back to the wall after that), but yeah.

Yeah, I can't see them dying in each other's arms.  The thing about their love is that it's more romantic than physical but also not quite wholly romantic (the only romantic love that's ever driven Jamie is for Cersei and he was always still kind of the side-guy in that).  it's the sort of thing that has more impact if it goes unspoken outright.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel the same. I'm not betting on it, but if they wanted to stay as true to the core character as possible (or at least what he has always purported himself to be), then he will take a shot. Honestly, the best way to stay true to what Bronn has always represented himself as, and make it so that he doesn't kill them is that he finally takes Tyrion up on that offer to double whatever he's being paid lol. 

To my knowledge (though I'm not 100% certain on Jamie), Cersei is the only Lannister that hasn't "paid her debts" to Bronn (wasn't it just pointed out in this last episode in their exchange).

Just now, Malfatron said:

she will probably pretend that the kid is Eurons to manipulate him further

There is no time passage in the episodes this year from what I thought I had read. So the season will probably be pretty quick time wise. Winterfell is episode 3, and it happens in less than a day or two from the end of episode 1. Which means season 4 is likely them retreating, and again it's only a month to KL. I think the entire season is probably 2/3 months