Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Uhhh...Jon executed him even though he begged for mercy?

Jon was easing up when he begged for mercy. He swung when Janos started ranting about how hes always been a coward and how scared he was. Jon knows he went into hiding during the battle at the wall. I think it carried a, "this is no place for cowards, cowards will get us all killed" situation.

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Jon was easing up when he begged for mercy. He swung when Janos started ranting about how hes always been a coward and how scared he was. Jon knows he went into hiding during the battle at the wall. I think it carried a, "this is no place for cowards, cowards will get us all killed" situation.

if thats the case Sam would've been executed a long time ago

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Reddit is killing it with the memes 😂😂😂😂 if y'all play over there, r/freefolk is a gold mine right now

Can't wait for next week! Jaime and Bran having a chat will be excellent TV. Jon telling Dany that it's not her throne? Some good stuff will be happening

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Sam was never coward after his oath. He guarded the gate with Pip during the battle.

Yep. He constantly considers himself a coward (even in the books), refers to himself as such because he's scared easily. However he always rises to the situation. He's never been cowardly despite the fear 

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sam was never coward after his oath. He guarded the gate with Pip during the battle.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. He constantly considers himself a coward (even in the books), refers to himself as such because he's scared easily. However he always rises to the situation. He's never been cowardly despite the fear 

Yeah you guys are both right. I was thinking pre-vow Sam getting demolished in sparring sessions.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Varys isn't making it out alive.. and I think he knows it, too.  One of he or Tyrion are going to betray their side.  That said, we know they're not going to side with the Night King and the Dead, but Varys sure as hell isn't going to bank the fate of the realm on Cersei.  I feel like if he's the betrayer then his defection is from Dany to the true heir (Varys was a Targ supporter but I feel like he's gotten some of the Jon Connington and Baristan Selmy bits from the books; i.e. he puts Rhaegar on a pedestal and has tried to steer Dany in the direction of being more like Rhaegar would have been, but Jon's, ironically, been more his true father's son).

Potential Book Spoilers

Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Varys is a Blackfyre, whose ultimate goal, with Illyrio, is to put a Blackfyre (fAegon) on the throne?  His character is so much more interesting in the books.  It's a shame they cut out the whole fAegon plot.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Potential Book Spoilers

Isn't it pretty much confirmed that Varys is a Blackfyre, whose ultimate goal, with Illyrio, is to put a Blackfyre (fAegon) on the throne?  His character is so much more interesting in the books.  It's a shame they cut out the whole fAegon plot.

I don't think it's confirmed, more of a really sound theory.  Not as sound as R+L=J was, but close IMO.

I'm curious what role the Golden Company is going to have with that part of the plot cut out from the show.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think it's confirmed, more of a really sound theory.  Not as sound as R+L=J was, but close IMO.

I'm curious what role the Golden Company is going to have with that part of the plot cut out from the show.

Yeah, it makes too much sense.

I'm hoping, in the books, fAegon meets up with Dany's army and tries to ride Viserion, and gets roasted alive, proving he's not a real Targaryean.

I honestly don't think the GC is going to play much of a role other than more bodies to throw at her enemies.  The fact that they were too cheap to put the Elephants in the budget makes it likely to me the GC are just there as bodies to be roasted.

10 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Potential Book Spoilers

It's a very strong theory (and one that I fully support). It may not be so much that he is, but well, you get the idea, but definitely the other person. The theory works well either way. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Potential Book Spoilers

Confirmed?  I'm not sure.  It's definitely a very viable theory.  I'm specifically more inclined to believe that the later is far more confirmed than the former.  I think they may have taken some parts of that storyline and done a poor-merge into the storyline we've gotten with Dany.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Confirmed?  I'm not sure.  It's definitely a very viable theory.  I'm specifically more inclined to believe that the later is far more confirmed than the former.  I think they may have taken some parts of that storyline and done a poor-merge into the storyline we've gotten with Dany.

Yeah, that's why I said "pretty much".  I should have just said "really strong theory". I meant the same thing.

• Like 1