Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

theon dies at winterfell, defending bravely.

Tormund also dies

in a twist, euron kills Yara.

dany dies at the end of episode 5 or middle of episode 6, sacrificing herself for jon snow

gregor and sandor basically kill each other (or sandor wins, is greviously injured, and then Arya finally mercy kills him before taking out cersei (disguised as euron)

Arya then becomes the head of the faceless men.

bronn kills jamie and brianne (who die in each others arms) but bronn is then killed by tyrion.

tyrion and varys then live out the rest of their days together in a quiet little cottage

at the end, John becomes king and then the last scene is the Force Ghosts of Ned, King Robert, Dany, and Rhaegar all coming together and giving Jon a knowing smile and/or nod.

His hand is Davos.

Sansa becomes the warden of the North.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@JBURGE To piggyback on that - it also comes back to the question Sam asked Jon after finding out Dany executed his father for not bending the knee - "Would you have done it?", and I think we all know the answer to that question: No, he wouldn't have. Jon deflects, saying "I wasn't a king", but even as Lord Commander he didn't have people executed and his ENTIRE shtick has been mercy + compromise. 

Stannis wanted to burn Mance Rayder alive, Jon killed him with an arrow for mercy. Lord Commander Mormont wanted Jon to execute Ygritte, Jon showed her mercy. etc. etc. examples go on and on. The only people Jon hasn't shown mercy to were the Night's Watch people who literally killed him after he led the wildlings south of the wall.

Janos Slynt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Tormund also dies

dany dies at the end of episode 5 or middle of episode 6, sacrificing herself for jon snow

gregor and sandor basically kill each other (or sandor wins, is greviously injured, and then Arya finally mercy kills him before taking out cersei (disguised as euron)

bronn kills jamie and brianne (who die in each others arms) but bronn is then killed by tyrion.

tyrion and varys then live out the rest of their days together in a quiet little cottage

at the end, John becomes king and then the last scene is the Force Ghosts of Ned, King Robert, Dany, and Rhaegar all coming together and giving Jon a knowing smile and/or nod.

His hand is Davos.

I feel like Arya would be able to kill Cersei easier if she killed Qyburn first and then, disguised as Qyburn, kills her.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Janos Slynt

What about him?

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm not sure. Wouldn't make sense for him to get outclassed like that, but Cersei is also a strategist as well. Tyrion is obviously aware how much she loves her children and with all of hers dead, it's not asinine to think that he believes she'll do whatever needs to be done to protect them.

It's the smart play for Cersei to fight the dead and deal with Jon/Dany once that's taken care of, so I don't see why Tyrion would think that wasn't her plan. Thing is that she isn't really aware just how large the threat is, and I don't know if he knows that. She thinks Jon/Dany and the dead will weaken each other, not realizing that if the living lose, the dead's army gets that much stronger. Still, he can't take her word at face value no matter what she says so I hope he has a plan.

Cersei's fatal flaw is hubris.  To be honest, though they've tried to portray them differently there are A LOT of (some more superficial than others) parallels between her and Dany.  Cersei is just a bit more overt about it.  She has always thought of herself as more of "her father's daughter" than either of her brothers were "their father's sons."  The problem is, she has always lacked Tywin's pragmatism - which is almost assuredly why Tywin worked to box her out of the Council (also, there's a good deal of misogyny - which is ultimately very realistic - in play, particularly with the men of Tywin's generation; IIRC Olenna mockingly calls it out in the books, though I don't think she's specifically talking about Tywin in that dialogue so much as all men).  Each of Tywin's three children lacked one particular aspect of Tywin's whole.   And I think that actually goes to show GRRM's particular brand of irony, because Tywin wouldn't have been a bad king, in terms of bad for the realm as a whole, but he never had the claim (that's a recurring theme in the whole overarching story - those that would be the best rulers are never the ones in power).

19 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Tormund also dies

His hand is Davos.

Varys isn't making it out alive.. and I think he knows it, too.  One of he or Tyrion are going to betray their side.  That said, we know they're not going to side with the Night King and the Dead, but Varys sure as hell isn't going to bank the fate of the realm on Cersei.  I feel like if he's the betrayer then his defection is from Dany to the true heir (Varys was a Targ supporter but I feel like he's gotten some of the Jon Connington and Baristan Selmy bits from the books; i.e. he puts Rhaegar on a pedestal and has tried to steer Dany in the direction of being more like Rhaegar would have been, but Jon's, ironically, been more his true father's son).

And one of Jamie or Brienne are dying in some sort of self-sacrificing, staying behind or even charging into a fray to buy others time to get away safely.  Jamie's redemption storyline paints the most obvious picture for that, but that's where I think the swerve could be that Brienne ends up doing it for him.  It wouldn't be surprising if both of them do it - I've had this sneaking suspicion for a little bit that either Jamie and Bronn or Jamie and Brienne die fighting side-by-side.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Varys isn't making it out alive.. and I think he knows it, too.  One of he or Tyrion are going to betray their side.  That said, we know they're not going to side with the Night King and the Dead, but Varys sure as hell isn't going to bank the fate of the realm on Cersei.  I feel like if he's the betrayer then his defection is from Dany to the true heir (Varys was a Targ supporter but I feel like he's gotten some of the Jon Connington and Baristan Selmy bits from the books; i.e. he puts Rhaegar on a pedestal and has tried to steer Dany in the direction of being more like Rhaegar would have been, but Jon's, ironically, been more his true father's son).

And one of Jamie or Brienne are dying in some sort of self-sacrificing, staying behind or even charging into a fray to buy others time to get away safely.  Jamie's redemption storyline paints the most obvious picture for that, but that's where I think the swerve could be that Brienne ends up doing it for him.  It wouldn't be surprising if both of them do it - I've had this sneaking suspicion for a little bit that either Jamie and Bronn or Jamie and Brienne die fighting side-by-side.

Jamie and Brienne die fighting together holding an area would be sick.

42 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Tormund also dies

His hand is Davos.

lost it at the force ghosts. malf u one of the good ones

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

good call

tbh what about Jaime or Tyrion my dudes - Arya kills one of them and then disguised as them kills Cersei. Would put a REALLY interesting spin on the Cersei Prophecy where one of her younger brothers kills her. 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

tbh what about Jaime or Tyrion my dudes - Arya kills one of them and then disguised as them kills Cersei. Would put a REALLY interesting spin on the Cersei Prophecy where one of her younger brothers kills her. 

Well considering Cersei has already ordered them to be killed by Bronn, I don't think she'd be overly happy / off-her-guard to see either of them appear at King's Landing.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well considering Cersei has already ordered them to be killed by Bronn, I don't think she'd be overly happy / off-her-guard to see either of them appear at King's Landing.

Bronn won't kill Jaime and Cersei doesn't want him dead. She's just emotional because she's pregnant

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

I honestly think there’s a zero percent chance that Bronn kills either of the brothers. He loves them and owes them way too much to be that selfish. The dude is a real one.

Wouldn't surprise me if he killed one. He's said the entire series it was always about the money.

I wouldn't bet on it but it's definitely in play.