Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Watched again and it really, REALLY bothers me that all these northerners are so worried about who is king or queen of what. Like...there's zombies about 50 miles away. We can talk about this next week if we're still alive.

They've gone from proud to stubborn to ******* stupid.

Agreed 

I had only watched season 1 in the past and I just binge watched the first 7 seasons over about 2.5 weeks just in time for season 8. I want to slap younger me for not watching this show sooner, glad to be caught up but sucks that it's just in time for the end. 

PS: Missandei is Missan-bae

Edited by Spartica4Real
  • Like 3

Watched it again last night.  Love the scene where Jon finds out who he really is.  Kit Harrington and John Bradley play so well off of each other and there was a lot of non-verbal emoting that was done great to let you read the gamut of emotions Jon is going through during what amounts to about 60 seconds.  In that time you see Jon go through confusion, anger, denial, bargaining, and acceptance.  I don't think he broaches the subject again with anyone else until after the battle of Winterfell.  Maybe Sam brings it up again in episode 2, but I think it gets put on the back burner until the present threat is over.

58 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Watched it again last night.  Love the scene where Jon finds out who he really is.  Kit Harrington and John Bradley play so well off of each other and there was a lot of non-verbal emoting that was done great to let you read the gamut of emotions Jon is going through during what amounts to about 60 seconds.  In that time you see Jon go through confusion, anger, denial, bargaining, and acceptance. 

There's a little bit of the behind the scenes of this in the "Game Revealed" video on GoT's official YT page

The bit about that particular scene starts at 15:15

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I had only watched season 1 in the past and I just binge watched the first 7 seasons over about 2.5 weeks just in time for season 8. I want to slap younger me for not watching this show sooner, glad to be caught up but sucks that it's just in time for the end. 

PS: Missandei is Missan-bae

Nathalie Emmanuel's boobs are another reason that season 4 is the best season.

12 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Has Sansa been on the right side of decisions? I know they are playing her as clever now but what does her record say?

Oh it’s ridiculous. She’s apparently the smartest person in the world now because she understands provisions.

D&D do a really poor job of writing women. Abuse = character development in their minds.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

When he had that talk with sansa, and she still doesnt seem to get it. There is a army of the dead coming, and they could all die and cant seem to comprehend that.

Did you bend the knee for the North or because you love her?

Uh, *****, who the hell cares? I brought back like 40,000 warriors and 2 dragons.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Uh, *****, who the hell cares? I brought back like 40,000 warriors and 2 dragons.

For the record, Jon is lying.  He didn't bend the knee to protect the North.  Dany had already agreed to fight the terrifying dragon-killing ice zombie wizards.  He bent the knee because he's a dumb ****.

As much as the White Walkers are the serious threat we all know they are, remember that most of the people of Westeros haven't seen the army of the dead.  It's literally, Jon, the wildlings, some of the Night's Watch, and the five other people that went north of the wall.  Almost everyone else has either only seen the one wight that they brought back, or hasn't seen anything at all and are depending on the word of a handful of people, most of whom have lied to them their whole lives if it meant getting them to do what they want.

I would think in this actual situation, some people would be skeptical about the existence of the army of the dead at all, and a whole lot of others would be skeptical about how big a threat it really is.  Just look at the Archmaester last season.  Or the real world event that the White Walkers are a metaphor for, that we probably can't go into very much without a mod stopping us because there's an ancillary political angle.

Jon is a big idiot, is what I'm getting at.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

When he had that talk with sansa, and she still doesnt seem to get it. There is a army of the dead coming, and they could all die and cant seem to comprehend that.

Right?! The way they're so concerned about titles and such is just exhaustively stupid.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

And the Lannister army! Can't forget the Lannister army! lol 

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

For the record, Jon is lying.  He didn't bend the knee to protect the North.  Dany had already agreed to fight the terrifying dragon-killing ice zombie wizards.  He bent the knee because he's a dumb ****.

As much as the White Walkers are the serious threat we all know they are, remember that most of the people of Westeros haven't seen the army of the dead.  It's literally, Jon, the wildlings, some of the Night's Watch, and the five other people that went north of the wall.  Almost everyone else has either only seen the one wight that they brought back, or hasn't seen anything at all and are depending on the word of a handful of people, most of whom have lied to them their whole lives if it meant getting them to do what they want.

I would think in this actual situation, some people would be skeptical about the existence of the army of the dead at all, and a whole lot of others would be skeptical about how big a threat it really is.  Just look at the Archmaester last season.  Or the real world event that the White Walkers are a metaphor for, that we probably can't go into very much without a mod stopping us because there's an ancillary political angle.

Jon is a big idiot, is what I'm getting at.

One would think that once you see the Dothraki and Unsullied and 2 fully grown *** dragons all going north, you'd probably start to say "Okay, it's real"

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Right?! The way they're so concerned about titles and such is just exhaustively stupid.

And the Lannister army! Can't forget the Lannister army! lol 

One would think that once you see the Dothraki and Unsullied and 2 fully grown *** dragons all going north, you'd probably start to say "Okay, it's real"

Exactly, they all didnt come this way because they're making the situation up.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's a key difference there.  Dothraki and Unsullied are simply foreign armies.  No one every doubts their existence.  Same with the dragons.  They were in Westeros less than a couple hundred years ago, and are a well known commodity, since they were part of the creation of the Seven Kingdoms, and the symbol of Targaryen power there even after the dragons were gone.  They still had their skulls adorning King's Landing and objects made of dragonbone, not to mention the eggs.

White Walkers?  Not so much.  Everyone dismisses them as a fairy tale, even in the north, nearly the whole series.  If the WW come up in conversation, you can bet some character in that same scene is going to mention that they're a fairy tale.  They executed a veteran Night's Watch ranger rather than believe him that the White Walkers were there.  Did some believe in them?  Yes, but few in the north, and probably none in the south.

Easy to see why there would be a lot of skepticism, especially when Jon's rallying cry is "None of your concerns matter, just do exactly what I say or we all die!"

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's a key difference there.  Dothraki and Unsullied are simply foreign armies.  No one every doubts their existence.  Same with the dragons.  They were in Westeros less than a couple hundred years ago, and are a well known commodity, since they were part of the creation of the Seven Kingdoms, and the symbol of Targaryen power there even after the dragons were gone.  They still had their skulls adorning King's Landing and objects made of dragonbone, not to mention the eggs.

White Walkers?  Not so much.  Everyone dismisses them as a fairy tale, even in the north, nearly the whole series.  If the WW come up in conversation, you can bet some character in that same scene is going to mention that they're a fairy tale.  They executed a veteran Night's Watch ranger rather than believe him that the White Walkers were there.  Did some believe in them?  Yes, but few in the north, and probably none in the south.

Easy to see why there would be a lot of skepticism, especially when Jon's rallying cry is "None of your concerns matter, just do exactly what I say or we all die!"

So the fact that those two foreign armies and the dragons march into Winterfell with the intent on fighting the WW wouldn't sway you to the fact that they actually may be out there?