Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Acgott said:

I imagine you are referring to the dragon glass from hardholme. Any clues they are actually making an antidote or just speculation?

:) Pure speculation. I thought the part about the dead coming thru your TV screen would give it away.

I still think that the whole Night King thing ends in a way that isn't just "kill him and win."  The whole of Game of Thrones has thematically been consistently anti-war, and George RR Martin seems to like writing against fantasy tropes, and what's more tropey than a big battle of good guys vs bad guys?

Either they do kill him and there are disastrous consequences, or there's a different resolution to the war for the dawn.

One tinfoil theory I kinda like is that they'll actually heal the Night King using blue dragonglass, which comes from there being an excerpt in one of Sam's books in the citadel about colored dragonglass being used in healing, or something.  I forget exactly what it said, but it you can read it in a screenshot if you pause it right.

1 hour ago, Piquel said:

Did anyone else notice that the poor Umber kid was sent on a suicide mission by Sansa, and Jon and Dany were gallivanting around with the dragons while the Night King was turning him into art work.

To be fair... If you knew an army of supernatural beings was on it's way to kill you and everyone else they can find..... Wouldn't you wanna get some last minute galavanting in too?:P

1 hour ago, Piquel said:

Did anyone else notice that the poor Umber kid was sent on a suicide mission by Sansa, and Jon and Dany were gallivanting around with the dragons while the Night King was turning him into art work.

Yea and he was turned into what looked like the Karstark sign so does that mean they are going to Karhold?

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea and he was turned into what looked like the Karstark sign so does that mean they are going to Karhold?

Nah, it was the same spiral pattern that they made out of dead horses in an earlier season and out of stones when the CotF made the first WW.

Game-of-Thrones-White-Walker-Spirals.jpg

The Karstark sigil is a sun, not a spiral

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

One tinfoil theory I kinda like is that they'll actually heal the Night King using blue dragonglass, which comes from there being an excerpt in one of Sam's books in the citadel about colored dragonglass being used in healing, or something.  I forget exactly what it said, but it you can read it in a screenshot if you pause it right.

What person might it be that was turned into the Night King that upon healing could really throw a monkey wrench in the claim to the throne? 

36 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The Karhold army should have made it back to Winterfell. They made a point for Lord Royce to great her and welcome her back.