Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

27 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Nah, it was the same spiral pattern that they made out of dead horses in an earlier season and out of stones when the CotF made the first WW.

Game-of-Thrones-White-Walker-Spirals.jpg

The Karstark sigil is a sun, not a spiral

We still aren't sure what that is a sign of. It may not be. But that looks like the Karstark sign. Others on reddit think it's part of the Golden Ratio.

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The Karhold army should have made it back to Winterfell. They made a point for Lord Royce to great her and welcome her back.

Yea but in regards to the spiral sign. Bran made a comment that the NK was once a Stark. It just occured to me that he may have a connection to Karstark somehow.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but in regards to the spiral sign. Bran made a comment that the NK was once a Stark. It just occured to me that he may have a connection to Karstark somehow.

I dont think it means anything. D&D dont write with such depth. They had 2 years, and the first dialogue of the season was a balls joke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

We still aren't sure what that is a sign of. It may not be. But that looks like the Karstark sign. Others on reddit think it's part of the Golden Ratio.

Depending on which version of the sigil you see, the Karstark's one doesn't have long or wavy flames.  And certainly not to the extent of the multiple instances of the spiral we've seen - which almost certainly dates back to the CotF

FWIW the Karstark sigil we see in the episode looks like this

latest?cb=20170523023312

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

When did Bran say the Night King was once a Stark?

And that spiral is most certainly not the Karstark sigil.

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

When did Bran say the Night King was once a Stark?

And that spiral is most certainly not the Karstark sigil.

I think it was the episode in which that baby was carried to the NK and we get to see him for the first time. And he didnt say definitively that he was only that's how the story goes. 

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

What person might it be that was turned into the Night King that upon healing could really throw a monkey wrench in the claim to the throne? 

I don't think that's the role, the theory is just more about how the NK storyline ends IIRC.  My guess would be that, if true, it would just un-White Walker the guy, and he'd die, being thousands of years old.  Then they'd just have to go down to King's Landing and deal with Cersei and zombie Mountain/the infighting between Dany and the northerners.

Edited by Daniel

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I don't think that's the role, the theory is just more about how the NK storyline ends IIRC.  My guess would be that, if true, it would just un-White Walker the guy, and he'd die, being thousands of years old.  Then they'd just have to go down to King's Landing and deal with Cersei and zombie Mountain/the infighting between Dany and the northerners.

That's fine.  I was just asking which character could be revealed and supersede Jon's claim to the throne?  I'm not anticipating that happening at all.  I know that would prolly confuse most viewers but it still makes for an interesting twist.  If the Night King's transmutation occurred before the Mad King or another Targaryen for example.  I haven't read the books so I don't know all the genealogies.

Edited by thrILL!