Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think it means anything. D&D dont write with such depth. They had 2 years, and the first dialogue of the season was a balls joke.

The sense of the humor in this episode was funny but it did feel out of place.  Like Thor suddenly becoming a comedy.  Oh wait.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

The sense of the humor in this episode was funny but it did feel out of place.  Like Thor suddenly becoming a comedy.  Oh wait.

I would have liked a more sense of urgency. They had back to back of Bran saying about the wall, and Sansa talking about the provisions at the start. And the mood stayed light the rest of the way.

Next week with the Jaime trial and the hard prep work of Winterfell it should ramp on up the urgency. Maybe they wanted a light episode, putting people in good moods about their favs before the slaughter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:
2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I would have liked a more sense of urgency. They had back to back of Bran saying about the wall, and Sansa talking about the provisions at the start. And the mood stayed light the rest of the way.

Next week with the Jaime trial and the hard prep work of Winterfell it should ramp on up the urgency. Maybe they wanted a light episode, putting people in good moods about their favs before the slaughter.

I want to add what I think is a big issue with how people are viewing the urgency in this episode. This entire episode took what, a week in real life time? In that time they have been fortifying Winterfell and forging weapons etc. I think we are just a little used to how much time passed in the last 2 seasons to realize that there wasn't really anything wrong with the pacing in this episode. 

Except that Bran should have told Jon asap. 

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I want to add what I think is a big issue with how people are viewing the urgency in this episode. This entire episode took what, a week in real life time? In that time they have been fortifying Winterfell and forging weapons etc. I think we are just a little used to how much time passed in the last 2 seasons to realize that there wasn't really anything wrong with the pacing in this episode. 

I enjoyed it as it had a dose of everything. The reunions were each individually satisfying. We got to see Jon ride a dragon and Dany made sure EVERYONE at Winterfell knew it was him. We saw some crazy terrifying ritual warning. We saw what’s going on with all the major players.  With only 6 episodes, we’d have to expect every episode being packed.

I would have liked to see Sam and Brann tell Jon together.  I feel like Brann’s ability is being vastly underutilized by his family.  I’d be picking his brain constantly.  LoL

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

I feel like Brann’s ability is being vastly underutilized by his family.  I’d be picking his brain constantly.  LoL

I get the feeling that nobody really understands what Bran is able to do, and because of his wooden demeanor he's unable to explain it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The pacing was good. From the time Jon arrived, and Jaime rolling in days behind them. All felt like a realistic timeframe.

I didnt see much fortifying. They were told the wall came down and the NK had his own dragon now. And when Alys Karstark was arriving back, they had 1 trebuchet set up and working on another. During the flyover, you couldnt tell much of anything having been done. Caesar built the Rhine Bridge, up to 1300 feet long, up to 30 feet wide in 30 feet deep water in 10 days. Entire North now, Vale troops been there a year, all these others. 100k just arrive, got their tents and stations set they showed. And 1 trebuchet standing.

Couple little things. Like Jon alone at the weirwood and alone in the crypts. I would have emphasized that was due to not being able to sleep and being all wrung up over this force coming. Without so much of the, "hey, lets go joy riding cause I know of this sweet waterfall we can shag at."

I mean I enjoyed the episode. I just wish that urgency factor had been cranked up a couple notches so the viewer could feel it as much as Dany/Sams encounter had touched viewers.

David Hill (writer) reveals WW symbol meaning.

"As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral “henge of stones.” The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross."

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 2

Looked it up. See Edmure is scheduled for the season.

Any guess as to what role he might have. He didnt roll north with troops in ep.1.

Could he get there next week with troops in tow? Do they retreat to him? Or is he just making a cameo at the end to get his lands restored? Cause Robyn is scheduled to show at some point too. I could see all the heads gathering the last episode to pay homage.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Looked it up. See Edmure is scheduled for the season.

Any guess as to what role he might have. He didnt roll north with troops in ep.1.

Could he get there next week with troops in tow? Do they retreat to him? Or is he just making a cameo at the end to get his lands restored? Cause Robyn is scheduled to show at some point too. I could see all the heads gathering the last episode to pay homage.

Edmure should still be a Lannister prisoner as part of his agreement with Jamie to spare his child’s life. Riverrun is under Lannister control

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Edmure should still be a Lannister prisoner as part of his agreement with Jamie to spare his child’s life. Riverrun is under Lannister control

When Walder and Jaime were talking at the feast at the Twins. They mentioned he was in the cells there. Arya wiped all the Freys out. Thats why I say about a cameo appearance. Cause hes been working on another show.

• Like 1