Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I know he could "get inside another being" and basically see what they see....but who (or what) has he actually taken control of?
The wolves that time with JSnow and the Wildlings outside their castle?

Hodor and his wolf constantly. Remember he was in his wolf, killed a animal and ate it. And Meera was telling him he needed to come out of him to eat, eating as a wolf doesnt count as nourishment.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought it was just dimwitted or weak willed. Something like that.

I'm not sure if we have any real answer, but my take on it is if pre-raven Bran could worg into a weak willed/dimwitted human, then raven Bran can probably easily warg into a human, and probably even a dragon. Maybe it doesn't work like that though, and we may never know (until the books anyway, which I'm sure will fully flesh out Bran's capabilities).

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I know he could "get inside another being" and basically see what they see....but who (or what) has he actually taken control of?
The wolves that time with JSnow and the Wildlings outside their castle?

Ravens, elk, Hodor and other things i'm sure.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'm not sure if we have any real answer, but my take on it is if pre-raven Bran could worg into a weak willed/dimwitted human, then raven Bran can probably easily warg into a human, and probably even a dragon. Maybe it doesn't work like that though, and we may never know (until the books anyway, which I'm sure will fully flesh out Bran's capabilities).

This might be stretching things a bit......but remember when the NK touched Bran (outside the 3 Eyed Raven's cave....) - it cut out the power that blocked the dead folks from getting in the cave.....so perhaps the "connection" is broken in some way and Bran (or the 3 Eyed Raven wanna-be at this stage.....)  cant enter or influence the dead. Pure conjecture on my part.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How awesome would it be. If the NK knows the force awaiting him. So he swings wide around them. Adds all the people at White Harbor and keeps going south. 

Thing is, even if the Night King knows the force awaiting him, he's going to see them as more fodder/fuel for his army.  And from what we've seen thus far, he has every reason to believe that.  NK isn't exactly Napoleon in terms of tactics, but he's very much like a 13th-century, Edwardian war captain or even king - as long as he reaches his objective, he has no emotional attachment whatsoever to his fighters.  Even more so punctuated because as long as he wins, if every soldier that he loses kills at least 1 opposing combatant before being killed itself, his army (at worst) stays the same size.  More often than not the size of his army increases with each successive battle as long as he doesn't outright lose.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that the NK almost for sure isn't going to make it to King's Landing, just because I'm curious to see if he's capable of wresting control of The Mountain away from Cersei, because for all intent and purposes he's dead... and I'd have to assume the NK's magic is more powerful than whatever Qyburn is using.

50 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Thing is, even if the Night King knows the force awaiting him, he's going to see them as more fodder/fuel for his army.  And from what we've seen thus far, he has every reason to believe that.  NK isn't exactly Napoleon in terms of tactics, but he's very much like a 13th-century, Edwardian war captain or even king - as long as he reaches his objective, he has no emotional attachment whatsoever to his fighters.  Even more so punctuated because as long as he wins, if every soldier that he loses kills at least 1 opposing combatant before being killed itself, his army (at worst) stays the same size.  More often than not the size of his army increases with each successive battle as long as he doesn't outright lose.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that the NK almost for sure isn't going to make it to King's Landing, just because I'm curious to see if he's capable of wresting control of The Mountain away from Cersei, because for all intent and purposes he's dead... and I'd have to assume the NK's magic is more powerful than whatever Qyburn is using.

The NK's army hasnt come up against an opposing army with dragon glass tipped weapons before.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

The NK's army hasnt come up against an opposing army with dragon glass tipped weapons before.

It'll be interesting to see if the Night King has any strategy. The living soldiers at Winterfell could take a huge chunk of his army out easily with dragonglass tipped arrows if he just charges and assumes his sheer numbers will overwhelm.

I hope this isn't the case. I'm of the belief he set the trap north of the wall to capture a dragon, so it'd be disappointing if he has no strategy for this battle.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Night King has any strategy. The living soldiers at Winterfell could take a huge chunk of his army out easily with dragonglass tipped arrows if he just charges and assumes his sheer numbers will overwhelm. I hope this isn't the case. I'm of the belief he set the trap north of the wall to capture a dragon, so it'd be disappointing if he has no strategy for this battle.

This is true.....but.....if you're those fighting the NK's army - now much dragon glass tipped arrows do you unleash - for (potentially) a one time return?

Also - if they take out the NK - doesnt that also take out everyone he's converted into his army? Including the dragon?

So go for the guys on the horses first - who supposedly are "Generals" and account for many of the "privates" in the army.

HA!

Strategizing battle on GOT LOL

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

It should do based on what we've seen so far

So there's where you focus Bran's skills at.........
Feed a Raven nothing but dragon glass infused food.....then "Bran" flies if off to do a kamikaze dive at the NK.....
That should cut the army of the dead in half.....

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Night King has any strategy. The living soldiers at Winterfell could take a huge chunk of his army out easily with dragonglass tipped arrows if he just charges and assumes his sheer numbers will overwhelm.

I hope this isn't the case. I'm of the belief he set the trap north of the wall to capture a dragon, so it'd be disappointing if he has no strategy for this battle.

Be nice if he did have one. Hes on 1 dragon, taking him into a battle trying to steamroll a giant force with 2 dragons.  With a weapon like a dragon handy. No point going up against 2. He could toss his forces at Winterfell. While he flew off and went after castles and towns making an even bigger force while theyre busy. Would work well with Danys vision. And Bran would have a hard time tracking him unless in the right bird or something.