Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yeah, that's why I said "pretty much".  I should have just said "really strong theory". I meant the same thing.

There's a great Alt Shift X video on the subject matter. It's actually one of my favorites of his. 

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And why would you deny everyone else your thoughts on this?

Because I'm on my phone and too lazy to go digging for the Book thread... and don't want to do the whole spoiler formatting thing in here.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

There's a great Alt Shift X video on the subject matter. It's actually one of my favorites of his. 

Just watched. I enjoyed the depth he gave the theory. 

It’s sad. This is probably one of the biggest reasons GRRM is taking so long to finish the series. There’s very little he can do in terms of “shocking” twists that haven’t been brought up and talked about ad nauseam, and he just made it worse for himself the longer he procrastinated. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just watched. I enjoyed the depth he gave the theory. 

It’s sad. This is probably one of the biggest reasons GRRM is taking so long to finish the series. There’s very little he can do in terms of “shocking” twists that haven’t been brought up and talked about ad nauseam, and he just made it worse for himself the longer he procrastinated. 

He can give a satisfying ending. Chances are many of the same characters we see here will be dead by book 7 making the outlook far more grim. Where the heroes are just picking up bits and pieces that are left over. 

Watched again and it really, REALLY bothers me that all these northerners are so worried about who is king or queen of what. Like...there's zombies about 50 miles away. We can talk about this next week if we're still alive.

They've gone from proud to stubborn to ******* stupid.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Always gotta throw that bit in there, like somebody can't dislike something for what it is. Come the **** on, that's such a lazy *** argument and it needs to stop being thrown around.

Ok I can actually respond to you now. No I was not meaning it that way. But people often times when they find something they don't like and if they read about it online, the reviews tend to be far more extreme and usually the person reading it tends to think the problem they had with it was even worse then they originally thought which it isn't. I've read about the same gripe other times online that her character doesn't go anywhere when it does.

Everything she did in Easteros has little to no affect on the rest of the

characters in the world. It's just her rolling around town with her plot-armor set to full shields while she commits screw up after screw up and sees very few consequences.

One character does not need the interaction of everyone else in the book to have their journey and character validated. Frodo and Samwise are a perfect example when they lost contact for most of the story in LOTR and you didn't see them succeed in anything until the very end. Actually Frodo and Sam did much of the same thing jerking around throughout their journey and Frodo even failed at the end. Those 2 should have been killed a dozen times before they reached Mount Doom. Still a great story as is hers.

Any other character gets Drago killed like that, dead on the spot.

And any character could kill Qhorin Half-Hand when he literally lets them do it.

What did she actually do in the Warlock tower? This was the most incompetent bunch of morons ever. They basically tripped over their own dicks while she stood and watched.

We don't even know how that magic worked or the potency of it other then they viewed Dany and her dragons as batteries to fuel their power and existence. They could just as likely have been poltergeists of some sorts. What we do know is that they have been there for a very long time and have been a staple in Essos society for centuries and would have killed Dany if not for Drogon fire balling their a**es. They had no defense against Drogon because dragons are the strongest of magical creatures known in the ASOIAF series.

As far as Essos, great? She rolled in with her army, sat down on the chair, pissed everyone off for a few years and then noped the hell out of there. 

In the time that she has traveled East she has basically ripped Essos apart with her schemes, mistakes, and power struggles Essos is basically there in the story to build up Dany. Not for her to level with anyone there on a humanist note. She's a wonder that birthed dragons back into the world and is come to be seen as a demon, freak show and a messiah of sorts. All the while she is trying to figure out what is actually best while advisors from Westeroes want her to return home thinking she has all the answers and slavers from Essos wanting to assinate her cause she's a demon to them who has been able to outwit and overpower the very best of them. And Dany throughout all of this is still trying to come into her own.

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Has Sansa been on the right side of decisions? I know they are playing her as clever now but what does her record say?

She doesn't really have one. The writers have spent so long as posing her as a scared girl they failed to do with what they did with Arya and show her progression in what she is supposed to be great at now.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Watched again and it really, REALLY bothers me that all these northerners are so worried about who is king or queen of what. Like...there's zombies about 50 miles away. We can talk about this next week if we're still alive.

They've gone from proud to stubborn to ******* stupid.

Despite hearing about the undead army, it probably isn't real to them until they see it. That's how it is with a lot of things in the real world. Most people fail to see the big picture until they've seen it or been a part of it first hand.

• Like 4