Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Based on Sam and Bran's explanations last night it seems like Bran/Three eyed-raven are his #1 target because he wants to erase mankind and all of its history. So if that's the case he should've just killed Bran when he had the chance outside of the wall. Unless uncle Benjin, Hodor, a 14 year old girl, and two dire wolves are all that you need to defeat/outrun/outwit the most dangerous villain in television history. The Night King is able to kill a 400,000 pound dragon with the flick of his wrist but Hodor was able to hold the door shut long enough for a small girl to carry a cripple through the forest in the middle of a huge snowstorm. 

Bran might be his #1 target, but he still has a goal of creating an endless night for the whole world. If he had killed Bran before Bran crossed the wall, then as far as he knew, he was stuck beyond the wall. There were no dragons in Westeros at that point.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on Sam and Bran's explanations last night it seems like Bran/Three eyed-raven are his #1 target because he wants to erase mankind and all of its history. So if that's the case he should've just killed Bran when he had the chance outside of the wall. Unless uncle Benjin, Hodor, a 14 year old girl, and two dire wolves are all that you need to defeat/outrun/outwit the most dangerous villain in television history. The Night King is able to kill a 400,000 pound dragon with the flick of his wrist but Hodor was able to hold the door shut long enough for a small girl to carry a cripple through the forest in the middle of a huge snowstorm. 

Calling Meera a "small girl" is pretty damn hyperbolic.  She was the warrior of the group.  Not to mention, Bran's legs have likely atrophied at this point and it's not like he's packing on weight.  She's not Hodor, but she's not Myrcella either.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Bran might be his #1 target, but he still has a goal of creating an endless night for the whole world. If he had killed Bran before Bran crossed the wall, then as far as he knew, he was stuck beyond the wall. There were no dragons in Westeros at that point.

Last night in the episode Jamie said: "if killing him would stop his entire army, there's no way that he's going to expose himself." To which Bran replied, "yes he will because he wants to kill me. So clearly it's very important for him to kill the 3-eyed raven, yet he had him in his grasps and let him get away. It seems unlikely to me that his mark on Bran would break the magic of the wall as well, even if Bran crossed it. 

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Calling Meera a "small girl" is pretty damn hyperbolic.  She was the warrior of the group.  Not to mention, Bran's legs have likely atrophied at this point and it's not like he's packing on weight.  She's not Hodor, but she's not Myrcella either.

The Night King killed a 400,000 pound dragon with the flick of his wrist from like 5,000 yards away. What exactly was Meera going to do to protect Bran if the Night King started to pursue them? Just seems like bad storytelling in my opinion, they dumb down/weaken the Night King when they need to in order for them to fit their narrative and get the story to where it needs to go. 

So I'm in a playground in England and am pushing my youngest on the swing.

I hear Sir Jorah Mormont say "hey little man, just let me know when you've had enough".

I look to my right and there he is pushing someone I assume is his grandkid but seeing as he is Sir Jorah Mormont it may well be a child who is the fruit of his loins.

Anyway. I love this show but the episodes are running by too quickly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I hear Sir Jorah Mormont say "hey little man, just let me know when you've had enough".

I look to my right and there he is pushing someone I assume is his grandkid but seeing as he is Sir Jorah Mormont it may well be a child who is the fruit of his loins.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Last night in the episode Jamie said: "if killing him would stop his entire army, there's no way that he's going to expose himself." To which Bran replied, "yes he will because he wants to kill me. So clearly it's very important for him to kill the 3-eyed raven, yet he had him in his grasps and let him get away. It seems unlikely to me that his mark on Bran would break the magic of the wall as well, even if Bran crossed it. 

Bran also said that the NK wanted to create an endless night, but he can't accomplish that north of the Wall, can he? The NK is allowed to have more than 1 goal.

His mark broke the magic on the cave, so it's possible it could have worked on the Wall as well. Bran was heading south, so the NK let him go in hopes Bran went south of the Wall and the magic in it would be broken just like for the cave. Obviously he could have been wrong, but what other options did he have at that point?

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Night King killed a 400,000 pound dragon with the flick of his wrist from like 5,000 yards away. What exactly was Meera going to do to protect Bran if the Night King started to pursue them? Just seems like bad storytelling in my opinion, they dumb down/weaken the Night King when they need to in order for them to fit their narrative and get the story to where it needs to go. 

I think the whole Benjen scene after they escaped was meant to show that the NK did pursue them, they just got away because Benjen killed the wights that were on their tail, then presumably helped them get away faster.  We know the NK isn't known for moving fast.

10 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

That's cool. It would be nice to run into celebrities like that.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think the whole Benjen scene after they escaped was meant to show that the NK did pursue them, they just got away because Benjen killed the wights that were on their tail, then presumably helped them get away faster.  We know the NK isn't known for moving fast.

Dude is on permanent island time if I've ever seen it.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bran wasnt the 3-eyed raven at the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bran wasnt the 3-eyed raven at the time.

I'm still confused as to when exactly he became the Three-Eyed Raven. Was it when the old guy was killed? Because as soon as that happens and they're rescued by Benjen, Bran still refers to him as "Uncle Benjen". He doesn't really seem transformed until they reach the wall again. Or maybe it was when he touched the tree after they escaped?

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

got-map.jpg

Image result for squinting meme

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm still confused as to when exactly he became the Three-Eyed Raven. Was it when the old guy was killed? Because as soon as that happens and they're rescued by Benjen, Bran still refers to him as "Uncle Benjen". He doesn't really seem transformed until they reach the wall again. Or maybe it was when he touched the tree after they escaped?

Image result for squinting meme

I think it’s when he touch the wall and discovered Aegon Targaryen.