Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

34 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I think they missed an opportunity for Sansa to come face to face with the undead version of her mom or someone.  That could've been fun for us and creepy for her.  I'm not sure her ancestors could've gotten out of those burial plots so easily but they had to get out somehow.

Pretty sure her mom's body was never taken to winterfell, And even if it were it's been years... The corpse would not be recognizable.

Edited by rob_shadows

27 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Pretty sure her mom's body was never taken to winterfell, And even if it were it's been years... The corpse would not be recognizable.

She would’ve been buried in a gown or something that Sansa might’ve recognized.  But yeah I don’t remember if they recovered any of the Stark bodies after the Red Wedding.  Prolly not.  

Edited by thrILL!

They said they knew for four years that Arya was the one to do it.

But I’m sure that’s just coincidence that it lines up when GRRM told them the plot, and he really had no input into it and they’re just spitting on his stories. Because that makes sense. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, pwny said:

But I’m sure that’s just coincidence that it lines up when GRRM told them the plot, and he really had no input into it and they’re just spitting on his stories. Because that makes sense. 

"knew for 4 years" pretty much means when they were writing season 7 (2 year gap between season 7 and 8), so either GRRM left who kills the NK out of his plot outline (they would have known from the beginning) or they changed it and had Bran give Arya the dagger in season 7 so she can kill the NK. 

It would be impossible to do justice to the song of ice and fire and wrap everything up in 6 episodes so I will settle for what I get.  The show has already cut so much out of series idgaf what they do, I look forward to reading the rest of the books and hopefully GRRM can write them in a timely manner before he dies.  I will watch the show for the entertainment that it is.  Everything that people are complaining about has roots in the fact that the film is past the literature and they lack depth of groundwork they had when covering content from the books.

Why do people think Drogon died? He may have crashed into the castle but the Ice Dragon was Viserion at the end. Nothing says you can’t revive the same thing twice as long as its body is intact. I never once thought for a second that was Drogon. 

Drogon was with Dany at the end. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why do people think Drogon died? He may have crashed into the castle but the Ice Dragon was Viserion at the end. Nothing says you can’t revive the same thing twice as long as its body is intact. I never once thought for a second that was Drogon. 

More importantly did Rhaegon survive?

Just now, BayRaider said:

Yes im pretty sure, never showed him dying. Just severely wounded. Both dragons are alive .

Very nice. Was I the only person thrown off guard by Liana’s rag doll as she fought the Giant. 

Also when the NK raised the dead again I was like dang John dead too. But that man was just like “hol’ Up imma slay all 3K of these people like a ******* boss and get to you in a second NK”. It was all very tragic, and intense. Also Arya ran off like She was a gazelle, had me rolling. I was like where you going girl. But Very well done. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

No I'm sure in all the meetings and discussions that came up, they just didn't have to time to get to "who kills the Night King". I mean that's only the 2nd question you'd ask after "who sits on the Iron Throne", so it's perfectly reasonable that they just never got there. Or maybe they did, but then George Clooney walked in with his Hollywood powers and told them they needed to libcuck the whole story. 

There's no way they could work in the Azor Ahai prophecy. Absolutely no way:

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No I'm sure in all the meetings and discussions that came up, they just didn't have to time to get to "who kills the Night King". I mean that's only the 2nd question you'd ask after "who sits on the Iron Throne", so it's perfectly reasonable that they just never got there. Or maybe they did, but then George Clooney walked in with his Hollywood powers and told them they needed to libcuck the whole story. 

There's no way they could work in the Azor Ahai prophecy. Absolutely no way:

Very different. The Night King had very different motivations and using different types of magic for each touch.

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have no idea. This is one thing I thought was pretty clear. Drogon decommissioned Viserion by ripping his throat out, but the Night King raised him back (or he just struggled super hard to get back in the fight) with all the others since undead Viserion wasn't killed with dragonglass or Valyrian steel. That's why he was struggling so much and fire was coming out of his neck as well since that's where Drogon ripped his throat.

• Like 1

Some of you guys are being *******s. You can not enjoy the show, that's fine, but you don't have to do it while acting all high and mighty about your intelligence and acting like the only things that stimulate your brain are existential conversations with Stephen Hawking.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I think they missed an opportunity for Sansa to come face to face with the undead version of her mom or someone.  That could've been fun for us and creepy for her.  I'm not sure her ancestors could've gotten out of those burial plots so easily but they had to get out somehow.

Catelyn isn't buried in the crypts. The only person buried down their who wasn't either Lord or King of Winterfell is Lyanna. Everyone else she would have recognized (Eddard or Robb) were mutilated.

• Like 2