Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

The thing is, they must have some importance to the end game here. The show only kills off characters who no longer serve a purpose or help to elevate others.

Sam's importance is most likely telling the story.

Brienne and Tormund are in that weird love triangle with Jamie

Pod is probably going to have to deal with Bronn.

Not sure about Greyworm. 

Greyworm is Dany's only bodyguard now that Jorah is gone. Pod I'm not sure about since we all know (or think?) Bronn ain't betraying the brothers like that. Brienne, Tormund and Jaime could have all died side by side in a poetic scene and I think everyone would've been okay with that - same with Greyworm.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't have to kill him first. The NK clearly knew that Bran was important he found him while he was warging through history and gave him his mark, he knows that Bran has the powers of the 3ER and that he's with him in the tree. The NK gets into the tree no problem and kills the 3ER. Since he knows that Bran is now the new 3ER why would he let him escape? He can literally track Bran's every movement and Bran only had like a 2-minute head start being dragged through the snow on a sled by a young girl. If killing Bran was so important to him that he'd risk his life in front of his army to ensure he was the one to kill him why didn't he kill him when he had Bran alone beyond the wall? It makes no sense. 

He gets into the tree no problem because Bran is marked. If you kill him right away, you have no way of getting inside that tree. By the time the old man died and Bran was officially the new #ER, he was already on the move. I'm not sure why people think the NK let him escape, but that diminishes Hodor and Summer's sacrifice, Benjen/Coldhands minimal appearance, and Meera Reed's entire storyline.

When has the NK ever ran after anyone? He sent a ton of wights after them like we've seen him do plenty of times. He didn't just let him get away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Um I went to a community college for a year and a half I demand validation 

I think some of us were just disappointed because this show has given us an extreme level of excellence over the years and a kingpin character like NK shouldnt have gotten flattened as easily as a baby crawling on a highway

And that's fine. Like I said, you don't have to like it and talking about not liking it is fine, but a couple posters are doing it while putting those who did like it down and essentially calling them simpletons.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Battle of the Bastards: Sansa bails Jon out after his terrible strategy goes wrong.

Battle of Winterfell: Arya bails Jon out after his terrible strategy goes wrong.

North of the Wall: Dany bails Jon out after his terrible strategy goes wrong.

He is a great individual leader (like a Sergeant) and great fighter, but the dude should be nowhere near the war planning table.

In his defense, he didn't really have a choice in the BOTB. Sansa kept the Knights of the Vale a secret from him and they were running out of time.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

He gets into the tree no problem because Bran is marked. If you kill him right away, you have no way of getting inside that tree. By the time the old man died and Bran was officially the new #ER, he was already on the move. I'm not sure why people think the NK let him escape, but that diminishes Hodor and Summer's sacrifice, Benjen/Coldhands minimal appearance, and Meera Reed's entire storyline.

When has the NK ever ran after anyone? He sent a ton of wights after them like we've seen him do plenty of times. He didn't just let him get away.

Didn't someone here say that he let Bran escape because without Bran going past the wall, the NK wouldn't have been able to get past the wall either? 

BTW, where is Meera Reed?

Just now, JonStark said:

In his defense, he didn't really have a choice in the BOTB. Sansa kept the Knights of the Vale a secret from him and they were running out of time.

His plan was still garbage though, even without the KotV. He played right into Ramsay's hands after Sansa told him not to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Didn't someone here say that he let Bran escape because without Bran going past the wall, the NK wouldn't have been able to get past the wall either? 

That's my theory about it and I discussed it with him. He disagreed though.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah that could be true too. 

35 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Not a complaint, just a general observation. Jon is quite bad at this war stuff. He tends to go in with half a plan, get in over his head and then get bailed out by someone else. Boy is lucky to be standing through all his encounters. 

The Ramsay battle was the worst. Basically tried to commit suicide and leave his army leaderless within the first 5 minutes

Edited by amac

40 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Not a complaint, just a general observation. Jon is quite bad at this war stuff. He tends to go in with half a plan, get in over his head and then get bailed out by someone else. Boy is lucky to be standing through all his encounters. 

Man I'm not even going to go into that battle strategy because I'll just wind up getting pissed. I'm not sure if that is Jon or the show writers or what but that was just awful haha.

35 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Not sure about Greyworm. 

I guess the thing about grey worm was that he did say after he won Dany the throne they would leave, so that death could still be coming and have that conversation be the kiss of death

44 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Must be a Targereon thing.