Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

You’d think the northerners will have changed their mind a bit after the battle... They’d be toast without Dany.

It'll probably be a story line next episode though, especially if the houses that didn’t join don’t believe the story.

I feel like it would just seem weird if Sansa made some sort of power play or tried to stand up to Dany now

If it's anything like real life, the Northerners are still in denial about the existence of an army of the dead and white walkers. 

• Like 2

The only way they can salvage the prophecy they have been building on for years (in the show, not just in the books) is that if they somehow explain that Arya was lightbringer and Jon is the Prince who was Promised (or possibly Dany).  Arya doesn't really fit any of the other aspects that point it to being Jon or Dany or even possibly Jamie (which I highly doubt), and considering the original tale is called a song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryan), then it really points towards Jon.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The only way they can salvage the prophecy they have been building on for years (in the show, not just in the books) is that if they somehow explain that Arya was lightbringer and Jon is the Prince who was Promised (or possibly Dany).  Arya doesn't really fit any of the other aspects that point it to being Jon or Dany or even possibly Jamie (which I highly doubt), and considering the original tale is called a song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryan), then it really points towards Jon.

I was talking to my brother about that very thing the other day.  There's nothing in the prophecy saying that AA will kill the Night King, just that he'll lead humanity through the long night.  Jon was the first to arm Arya, so that could be the direction they're going.  It seems more likely to me that they're going to just kinda push the whole thing to the side, but that could easily be their explanation.

I always thought, in the show at least, Dany would be AA, but it doesn't look like it now.  Oh well.  Definitely Jon in the books though, if they ever get written.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

When was AA even mentioned in the show? I re-watched them all prior to this season and I don't remember a single reference.

Melisandre thought Stannis was AA and mentioned it several times across a few seasons.  They even introduced Stannis in season 2 with a flaming sword (which was quickly extinguished) and mentioned lightbringer.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Rhagnar and his prophecies. He and Lyanna taking off, starting a war, having Jon. All rendered pointless and insignificant. In fact. Because Jon was born, the WWs got a dragon and broke through the wall. Because of him 100k Free Folk that could have taken Castle Black all died at Hardhome. Most the North dead because WWs got past the wall. Was him that got so many killed at the BOTB. Dothraki wiped out because of him.

"Hes due the crown!" No, Bobby B slaughtered his Rhagnar and took that. Jon doesnt care about it anyway.

Way it lined up. So long as Arya was born. The Lord of Light would have arranged things set up for her regardless.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Rhagnar and his prophecies. He and Lyanna taking off, starting a war, having Jon. All rendered pointless and insignificant. In fact. Because Jon was born, the WWs got a dragon and broke through the wall. Because of him 100k Free Folk that could have taken Castle Black all died at Hardhome. Most the North dead because WWs got past the wall. Was him that got so many killed at the BOTB. Dothraki wiped out because of him.

"Hes due the crown!" No, Bobby B slaughtered his Rhagnar and took that. Jon doesnt care about it anyway.

Way it lined up. So long as Arya was born. The Lord of Light would have arranged things set up for her regardless.

tumblr_o487smJ1to1rjn473o2_500.gif

It's not that Rhaegar made the prophecies (and honestly it seems like he didn't care much about the crown either) it's that the show/books spent a LOT of time on them for them to mean absolutely nothing.  If Arya is lightbringer, that would kind of make sense.  Perhaps the Starks (Ned, Cat, Robb, Rickon, Sansa's innocence, Arya's and Bran's humanity) are the Nissa Nissa who was sacrificed to forge that weapon.  I'm reaching here, but I could see it fit.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

tumblr_o487smJ1to1rjn473o2_500.gif

It's not that Rhaegar made the prophecies (and honestly it seems like he didn't care much about the crown either) it's that the show/books spent a LOT of time on them for them to mean absolutely nothing.  If Arya is lightbringer, that would kind of make sense.  Perhaps the Starks (Ned, Cat, Robb, Rickon, Sansa's innocence, Arya's and Bran's humanity) are the Nissa Nissa who was sacrificed to forge that weapon.  I'm reaching here, but I could see it fit.

They’ve got to address it somehow in the show. To throw it all away now would be the epitome of lazy writing 

23 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

They’ve got to address it somehow in the show. To throw it all away now would be the epitome of lazy writing 

I'm wondering who's even left that gives a crap about the prophecy?  I don't recall Melisandre ever telling Jon she thought he was Azor Ahai.  Beric is dead, Melisandre is dead, Thoros is dead.  Sam in the show doesn't get told about it IIRC.  Who would even bring it up?

I always thought the big thing with Arya was her list. She wanted/needed to kill all the people on her list. Was the NK ever on that list? Not to my knowledge. Did things change once she knew Jon had returned to Winterfell and was preparing for battle with the NK? Most certainly.

I agree with the group saying that the writers chose her to kill the NK for the shock value.

Is she going to kill Cersei still? Or will the little brother prophecy be ignored as well so Arya can be the ultimate bad ***?

I would've rather Jon killed the NK and Arya kills Cersei/The Mountain.

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I always thought the big thing with Arya was her list. She wanted/needed to kill all the people on her list. Was the NK ever on that list? Not to my knowledge. Did things change once she knew Jon had returned to Winterfell and was preparing for battle with the NK? Most certainly.

I agree with the group saying that the writers chose her to kill the NK for the shock value.

Is she going to kill Cersei still? Or will the little brother prophecy be ignored as well so Arya can be the ultimate bad ***?

I would've rather Jon killed the NK and Arya kills Cersei/The Mountain.

Jaime / Tyrion will kill Cersei. 

Sandor will kill the mountain I think. 

Just now, Forge said:

Jaime / Tyrion will kill Cersei. 

Sandor will kill the mountain I think. 

All evidence/foreshadowing points to that, so it will either be Arya, a dragon, or Theon's sister.

• Like 2

Just now, THE DUKE said:

All evidence/foreshadowing points to that, so it will either be Arya, a dragon, or Theon's sister.

The Sandor / Gregor thing is a bit of fan service, no doubt. Even on GRRM's side in my opinion. So that could be one that definitely changes. 

The Jaime / Tyrion thing should happen unless they honestly just want to throw the impact of every prophecy out the window. So maybe the show changes it - I don't think that George does. I dont think GRRM does "fake prophecy", I think he does misinterpreted prophecy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Jaime / Tyrion thing should happen unless they honestly just want to throw the impact of every prophecy out the window. So maybe the show changes it - I don't think that George does. I dont think GRRM does "fake prophecy", I think he does misinterpreted prophecy. 

Has it been prophesied that either Jaime/Tyrion take out Cersei?

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Melisandre thought Stannis was AA and mentioned it several times across a few seasons.  They even introduced Stannis in season 2 with a flaming sword (which was quickly extinguished) and mentioned lightbringer.

Any idea when it was so I can go back and re-watch?

Anything I can find discussing AA refers to the book and then what the show did instead.

Edited by kingseanjohn