Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Dany rolled up with her dragon and like 50 men to negotiate the treaty. Since Cerci was willing to blow up a piece of KL just to remain in power, why would she let Dany live/retreat to plan a war against her? Fire those spears at the grounded dragon at will and have your archers light Dany, Tyrian and the unsullied up. War over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That if you're born from a noteworthy family and handed the most powerful weapon in the world, you also can fail upwards?

That she has mostly always about empowering people / saving them from slavery and corrupt cities / rulers.
As someone sold / forced into hiding herself - I always felt like this was personal for her. That she demanded better for people because she's felt the other side.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Their greatest weapon, Drogon, would have been lit up by giant crossbows.

I’d take small target Arya over massive target drogon. They’re high offense, very low defense players. Like, the first encounter with a Nk, dead dragon, spear to heart. First encounter with a boat with spikes? Dead dragon, spear to body and neck. Those dragons are pretty clueless. It’s like a dude that only works out his upper body and has chicken legs 

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Felt weird that they moved on from the NK so fast, but okay then I guess that's how it is.

Liked this episode. I love how done with the entire Lannister family Bronn is.

That was a major issue I had with Ep 3. 

7 and a half seasons building up the Night King and he dies so easily. 

The slow motion walk towards Bran was excruciating too. 

So much wrong with that episode.

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

That she has mostly always about empowering people / saving them from slavery and corrupt cities / rulers.
As someone sold / forced into hiding herself - I always felt like this was personal for her. That she demanded better for people because she's felt the other side.

She's always been about reclaiming the iron throne. That was always objective one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Jon: You must swear to me you will never tell anyone.

Sansa: I swear it.

Also Sansa:

giphy.gif

Well, I mean he kind of gave her an out... You should swear to secrecy because we're family...

But Varys was willing to call her out later in the episode? Tyrion hasn't been making objections consistently since the beginning?

Yeah, not in front of everyone. Was Varys even there?

Tyrion has been making objections and getting shot down repeatedly. He also got dressed down by Dany less than a week ago for his decision making. He knows questioning her, especially in that moment, would have been incredibly stupid.

Also you mentioned that they have no siege weapons or ladders and all that other stuff...how do you know that?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

You're smart, we get it.

I'm not that smart. But Dany in the earlier seasons has shown real wit when it comes to battle plans and she knew when to listen to her advisors. All of a sudden she is rushing into battles and ignoring everyone? They are taking characters that have shown cunning and doing a 180 on their smarts with no reasoning behind it. Dany pre-mereen would never have done this. Hell Dany prior season 8 would never have done this.

She's always been about reclaiming the iron throne. That was always objective one.

I've never disputed that.
All I've said is that I've liked her character and what she stood for.
I'm not sure what you're trying to counter here.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dany rolled up with her dragon and like 50 men to negotiate the treaty. Since Cerci was willing to blow up a piece of KL just to remain in power, why would she let Dany live/retreat to plan a war against her? Fire those spears at the grounded dragon at will and have your archers light Dany, Tyrian and the unsullied up. War over. 

Yeah...I'm shocked that didn't happen honestly. Would have been a very Cersei thing to do.

• Like 2