Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Missandei's last word set up Dany's demise too. We all expected her to say Valar Morghulis, but instead she says Dracarys, basically telling Dany to burn them all. She's going to think burning the population of King's Landing is justice for Missandei's death.

I actually audibly said "Dracarys" outloud to my brother at that moment. 
No idea what prompted me to think that but I had a feeling she was going to say that.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Timelines have been sped up drastically over the last 2 seasons. It's par for the course at this point.

You said they had none of those things when you don't know that. We've seen a fleet of ships built in 1 episode, but you are worried about ladders being built? Come on.

The ship thing is even dumber than this!!!!!

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seige Weapons can not be built in a day, (despite what apparently happened at Kings Landing with Ceresi dotting the walls with laser guided, sidewinder, surface to air misses, I mean giant crossbows).

It is a problem when important plot elements are created with a wave of a hand out of thin air. I don't know how this is a controversial statement.

Million people in the city. And piles of soldiers. Caesar built a 1000 foot long, 20+ foot wide bridge in 30 feet of water in 10 days.

Cersei has had months and piles of gold to create all that.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There was no logic to that. Before their swords got set on fire (something they didn't know what was going to happen) the Dorthraki had no weapons capable of killing a white Walker. They were always going to get killed and changed and end up changing back. 

It was moronic. It was moronic to the point it was illogical unless we accept that the people making the decision have a cognitive disability.

The weapons thing I agree with. However, Gendry and the smiths in Westeros don't have experience making Dothraki weapons, especially out of dragonglass. Dothraki also don't know how to fight with broad swords. 

Yeah, it was dumb, but the logic in show has some backing to it.

We're just supposed to be cool with the northern army showing up with massive seige weapons with no foreshadowing?

We're supposed to be cool with watching a show that has TWO episodes left that may never be replicated again.
There are things I don't agree / approve of either. But I am enjoying these things for the incredible television it has been for nearly a decade.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

We're supposed to be cool with watching a show that has TWO episodes left that may never be replicated again.
There are things I don't agree / approve of either. But I am enjoying these things for the incredible television it has been for nearly a decade.

It stopped being incredible television at the red wedding. This has been Wizards era Jordan.

We're supposed to forgive these sins because production failed to pace their story?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

It stopped being incredible television at the red wedding. This has been Wizards era Jordan.

You must be a real joy at all of the parties you don't get invited to.

• Like 3

...yet, your still here. Been a few years since the RW, yet you haven't missed an episode.

So, you're just whinging.

• Like 4

The ship thing is even dumber than this!!!!!

Do you watch The Big Bang Theory and complain about the laugh track in every episode?

The timeline for this show was never well established (though it's gotten much worse the last couple years) so assuming it's only been a day or 2 at this point is you projecting about the show that it isn't.

You know this is a show that fudges with timelines and things happen quickly (or slowly. Again, we have no direct idea on how long it's been between the battle and the northerners leaving) and yet you're worried about how quickly some ladders and **** got built.

• Like 1