Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

39 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

and make Bran have some sort of purpose

I mean he was pushed out of a window so... his story is still a major part of the plot. He even said he "mostly lives in the past" in a veiled way to I think hint at what's we should expect to come in the final two episodes.

Also, as far the Night King not having any point to the story... I guess it built character for Bran. Sansa had a scene in this last episode talking to the Hound about how everything she went through was necessary and made her who she has become today. That's what the theme is for everyone including Bran.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

I mean he was pushed out of a window so... his story is still a major part of the plot. He even said he "mostly lives in the past" in a veiled way to I think hint at what's we should expect to come in the final two episodes.

Also, as far the Night King not having any point to the story... I guess it built character for Bran. Sansa had a scene in this last episode talking to the Hound about how everything she went through was necessary and made her who she has become today. That's what the theme is for everyone including Bran.

What is the purpose of Bran without the Night King?

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Also, Euron is an idiot.  How in the world would Tyrion know Cersei was pregnant?  Tyrion's speech should have made it very obvious to Euron that the kid wasn't his.  Otherwise, there's no way Tyrion could have known about it.

Before the war with the Night King when it was just Tyrion and Jamie talking I thought it was indicated then... no?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the purpose of Bran without the Night King?

Idk I mean the very first episode of the entire series started in the forest with white walkers so they made Bran's character the one who addresses that part.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Before the war with the Night King when it was just Tyrion and Jamie talking I thought it was indicated then... no?

Exactly.  They discussed it at that point.  Euron thinks that he got Cersei pregnant recently.  So if you are Euron, you have to be completely befuddled at how Tyrion could know that Cersei is pregnant.  How would he have found out?  The only way is if someone told Tyrion.  And if someone told Tyrion, Euron couldn't be the father.

Euron should be very skeptical at the least.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Exactly.  They discussed it at that point.  Euron thinks that he got Cersei pregnant recently.  So if you are Euron, you have to be completely befuddled at how Tyrion could know that Cersei is pregnant.  How would he have found out?  The only way is if someone told Tyrion.  And if someone told Tyrion, Euron couldn't be the father.

That was my take from that exchange as well - either Euron is a dunce, or he quietly figured it out and is biding his time to raise it with Cersi.

I'd actually like to see the latter - Euron caught it, but he also knows he can't really confront Cersi right there, because he's in the middle of a stand off with his enemies. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

And he is because they showed his face behind Cersei at the end with an expression of surprise/concern over why Tyrion wasn't killed right away...

Just now, ET80 said:

That was my take from that exchange as well - either Euron is a dunce, or he quietly figured it out and is biding his time to raise it with Cersi.

I'd actually like to see the latter - Euron caught it, but he also knows he can't really confront Cersi right there, because he's in the middle of a stand off with his enemies. 

Turns out Game of Thrones is actually a giant 23 and me advertisement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The latter would be a fun twist.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

And he is because they showed his face behind Cersei at the end with an expression of surprise/concern over why Tyrion wasn't killed right away...

I just rewatched that scene and yes, he seemed to dislike that decision.  However, it came before Tyrion talked about her child.  So nothing after Tyrion talks about her pregnancy, which he shouldn't know about.  

I'm questioning if some people even watch the show, the nonmarriage is not a plot hole bc they specifically address it.  Dany talks about Jon not being comfortable with their "relationship" bc of it.  Cary's and Tyrion talk about Jon not being comfortable with it bc he was raised in the north.  Truthfully, the simplest solution would be for Jon to marry Sansa as warden of the North.  Adopt the Stark moniker (he is 50% Stark afterall) and let Dany rule the 7 kingdoms (a job he doesnt want anyway)  The North is loyal to Jon, and once Sansa gives him an heir it creates a lasting peace between Starks and Targs.  And since Dany can not have kids, that first Male heir becomes heir to the Iron Throne.  Arya should just marry Gendry and bond the Baratheon and Stark households forever, as Robert wanted anyway.  That's 3 of the 7 kingdoms.  The vale has already bent the knee to Jon, so that makes 4.  Add in the Tullys of which Sansa is 50% makes 5.  That just leaves the Reach and Dorne.  

I'm also not convinced that Rhaegal is 100% dead.  They showed Euron looking up at the clouds.  That maybe Rhaegal and Jon coming down from the clouds.

I really enjoyed this episode, thought it was mostly setup.  Half expecting Missandei to say "burn them all"  Jaime is obviously going to Kings Landing to kill Cersei.  Sansa will have a plan of her own.  And the adventures of Arya and the Hound will be good TV.  

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm questioning if some people even watch the show, the nonmarriage is not a plot hole bc they specifically address it.  Dany talks about Jon not being comfortable with their "relationship" bc of it.  Cary's and Tyrion talk about Jon not being comfortable with it bc he was raised in the north.  Truthfully, the simplest solution would be for Jon to marry Sansa as warden of the North. 

Jon is also related to Sansa....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm questioning if some people even watch the show, the nonmarriage is not a plot hole bc they specifically address it.  Dany talks about Jon not being comfortable with their "relationship" bc of it.  Cary's and Tyrion talk about Jon not being comfortable with it bc he was raised in the north.  Truthfully, the simplest solution would be for Jon to marry Sansa as warden of the North.  Adopt the Stark moniker (he is 50% Stark afterall) and let Dany rule the 7 kingdoms (a job he doesnt want anyway)  The North is loyal to Jon, and once Sansa gives him an heir it creates a lasting peace between Starks and Targs.  

I get what you're pitching here - but if Jon is uncomfortable with an aunt he just discovered a few days ago, how comfortable would he be with a cousin that he thought was a sister for the last 20+ years?

• Like 2