Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

8 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Still would have to locate the dragon in the ocean in water that is probably fairly deep.  Unless Qyburn has developed scuba.  At which point I'm out.  

If only they didn't kill the guy who has experience in underwater dragon body retrieval. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

By the way @ET80 Arya pulled a real JJ Watt move after singlehandedly killing the NK, she makes sure that the cameras catcher her practicing her shooting arrows. You know she probably posted that on the Gram #neverstopworking. Should have had Fort Minor playing in the background.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I was hoping they were gonna let time pass so that Yara would have time to build a fleet and flank Euron, but I guess realistic timelines have never stopped them before.

In the next episode, when Euron looks up into the sky, I predict it's going to be a hail of arrows from Yara's fleet and not actually a dragon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

By the way @ET80 Arya pulled a real JJ Watt move after singlehandedly killing the NK, she makes sure that the cameras catcher her practicing her shooting arrows. You know she probably posted that on the Gram #neverstopworking.

#NoDaysOff

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

The latter would be a fun twist.

I just rewatched that scene and yes, he seemed to dislike that decision.  However, it came before Tyrion talked about her child.  So nothing after Tyrion talks about her pregnancy, which he shouldn't know about.  

Still, it might have caught him off guard by the way Cersi was behaving and letting Tyrion approach knowing (what he thought) how much she hated Tyrion.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In the next episode, when Euron looks up into the sky, I predict it's going to be a hail of arrows from Yara's fleet and not actually a dragon.

Going off the reservation - it's the NK riding Viserion, with Rhaegal rising alongside them.

• Like 1

I don’t understand this show. Honor doesn’t win the throne. The thing about Danny is she knows honor does not win the throne and she is willing to be a bit ruthless (but no where near Cersei and has a good heart) to obtain the throne which is required. Ned Stark died in S1 because he had too much honor. Now Jon might sit on the throne all by himself who is more honorable than anyone? Doesn’t make any sense to me. 

So, here's what I'm wondering.  If Dany's plan is to hop on Drogon and burn King's Landing if Cersei didn't surrender, what on earth stopped her from hopping on Drogon and burning all the bad guys that were conveniently in one place, on the wall, not behind the city's defenses right after the executed her BFF in front of her?  I mean seriously?  Cersei, Euron, Qyburn, and Zombie Mountain are right there.  Set them on fire, war over.

And those Ironborn invisible fleets are OP as hell.

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but they pretty expressly mentioned a few reasons why a marriage doesn't really solve any of the problems. When Tyrion and Varys talk they mention the incest element, which may not be okay for northerners. They also address (directly, in Tyrion and Varys's conversation, and indirectly, through Dany's talks with Jon) the fact that Dany clearly does not want to share power. Dany freaked out about Jon's lineage because she knows many, if not most of the people, will want Jon to rule instead if they know. She wants that throne and power for herself. If they make it public who Jon is and then marry them, Dany has a constant power struggle, whether Jon tries to make it one or not, as people try to defer to Jon over her, either because he's a man, he's a northerner, he has a better claim to the throne, or just because he's a better man.

Dany would be all for marrying Jon, as long as everyone just knows him as Jon Snow, as then he's just the husband of a queen. The second he becomes known as a Targaryen, he's an enemy, at least politically, not a potential spouse, because no matter what they do, he's a threat to her authority, intentionally or otherwise. They even mention that he could keep her in check, but she doesn't want to be kept in check. She wants ultimate authority.

That's why the solution in Dany's eyes is just for Jon to not tell anyone. It keeps Jon from being a threat to her authority. Makes the marriage safe for her. But if the information is out, that marriage doesn't stop Jon from having a better core claim to the throne. In the eyes of many she'd be a secondary queen to Jon's rightful rule, and she won't have that.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their reasoning for thinking it wouldn't work, even agree with it. I don't agree with the notion that they shouldn't even bring it up with them. They are advisors, and they should be advising on any course of action that could potentially heal a rift or solve an issue before it really begins, and that includes the notion of marriage. I guess what I'm more or less saying is that I want this to come from Dany / Jon. The lack of them even bringing it up is kind of problematic for me, especially for Tyrion's character given that he still believes in her (From Varys' perspective, it actually makes plenty of sense not to as he has no issues with deposing a monarch if he sees a more suitable option, and he's always been a little wary of Dany, and it's clear that he sees Jon as a potentially better option)

LIS, the secondary best option is that they don't marry, Jon's heir becomes the heir to the iron throne with Dany being barren. I doubt that ever gets brought up, obviously. That's a little bit too much of a real world solution.