Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

We just saw a decimated Winterfell move thousands of bodies and build dozens of massive pyres, organize their armies and move out within like a week, but an idle King's Landing with a million people and tons of resources can't build a few dozen siege weapons in an entire season's worth of episodes? Those things are not difficult to build once they know how. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

It’s been basically a year since the beginning of S7. So you’re being absolutely ridiculous with this critique. 

The weapon wasn't used until S7E4, and the news wouldn't have gotten back to Qyburn until after that. After E4 the timeline accelerates a lot. It hasn't been a year since that point.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No, I'm not. In fact, I'm saying she can honor those core beliefs while still being with Gendry.

Marrying someone and turning into the lady of anything, even if just by title, goes against everything Arya.

If she's doing it only for the sake of doing it...then why?

I assumed that the Euron's ships were hiding south of the island using the castle as cover.  Ostensibly they took the island while Dany's army was up north and had a lookout posted watching for the dragons.  Now with this plan you are banking on having some very favorable wind or ridiculously fast oarsmen, but that seems possible to me.  Those bolts having that much force at 1000+ yards seems a little more far fetched.  The torque needed to generate that much velocity would tear those ships apart.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Marrying someone and turning into the lady of anything, even if just by title, goes against everything Arya.

If she's doing it only for the sake of doing it...then why?

Nah, Arya is against acting like a Lady and being a lady by definition - I don't think she has a problem with titles. And she's doing it because she cares for Gendry, duh. I mean this is just a theory anyways and I'm that invested in it. I could see her going any which direction after everything is settled - if she's alive even.

Just now, pwny said:

Wrong

When was it used against a Dragon before Bronn fires it? When Qyburn demos it in the Red Keep?

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

You have a hard time believing a weapon designed to kill dragons, that we watched break through dragon bone, could kill a dragon because why?

Feel like you are really overrating Qyburn here. He’s nothing special. You’re telling me after thousands upon thousands of years he’s the only guy that smart enough to create a weapon to kill a dragon? Seems really far fetched to me. You’re telling me not one person is smarter than... Qyburn...?

Just now, BayRaider said:

Feel like you are really overrating Qyburn here. He’s nothing special. You’re telling me after thousands upon thousands of years he’s the only guy that smart enough to create a weapon to kill a dragon? Seems really far fetched to me. You’re telling me not one person is smarter than... Qyburn...?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So, here's what I'm wondering.  If Dany's plan is to hop on Drogon and burn King's Landing if Cersei didn't surrender, what on earth stopped her from hopping on Drogon and burning all the bad guys that were conveniently in one place, on the wall, not behind the city's defenses right after the executed her BFF in front of her?  I mean seriously?  Cersei, Euron, Qyburn, and Zombie Mountain are right there.  Set them on fire, war over.

It’s never been very clear how much control Dany has over her dragons.  Drogon was positioned far from her and not necessarily far enough away from the wall to take off without getting shredded.  They made a point of showing the dragons having difficulty getting off the ground in this episode bcuz they’re both hurt.  I’m not sure Dany could’ve telepathically told Drogon to attack that platform in time.  Could the fire have struck them from where Drogon was positioned on the ground?  Cersei would’ve had time to get to safety if not.  And that might’ve hit the unsullied too. 

Edited by thrILL!

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because for thousands upon thousands of years, every smart person has had the financial backing and the necessity to create something that can kill a dragon, right?

Plus, you know

Oh, also this episode completely avoided explaining what Bran was doing while the Battle of Winterfell was going on. So instead of reassuring everyone that his character isn't completely effing useless, we're left just having to assume that Bran is some powerful being that does more than sit in a wheelchair and control ravens. Maybe they'll explain it in E05....probably not though. Up to this point, Bran's character has been the biggest waste of screen time in GoT because it's resulted in literally nothing except "Yeah let me be bait for the NK."

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because for thousands upon thousands of years, every smart person has had the financial backing and the necessity to create something that can kill a dragon, right?

Plus, you know

Dragons also haven't been a threat for 150 or so years so it's not like people were working on technology to kill something that was considered extinct.  

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 3

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh, also this episode completely avoided explaining what Bran was doing while the Battle of Winterfell was going on. So instead of reassuring everyone that his character isn't completely effing useless, we're left just having to assume that Bran is some powerful being that does more than sit in a wheelchair and control ravens. Maybe they'll explain it in E05....probably not though. Up to this point, Bran's character has been the biggest waste of screen time in GoT because it's resulted in literally nothing except "Yeah let me be bait for the NK."

I think they’ll explain this in the finale, at least I hope. I thought it was common sense Bran was strategizing and going back in time like giving Arya the dagger, etc. Basically playing chess and outsmarting the Night King. This is why Episode 3 didn’t bother me. Bran killed the NK. Not Arya. They still have to show it though so it’s not a theory.