Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Isn't she literally going to King's Landing right now, or did I mis-interpret her meeting with Brienne?

That's how I heard it as well...

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Isn't she literally going to King's Landing right now, or did I mis-interpret her meeting with Brienne?

I thought Sansa was staying north, which is why Jamie was staying at Winterfell (with Brienne) before he bailed.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

When has Dany shown ANY ability to make battle plans? 

The first time she gets the unsullied. She let them invite her into the city, fake a trade with her dragon and then used the dragon and the Unsullied to take over Astapor. That would be considered a battle plan.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

The first time she gets the unsullied. She let them invite her into the city, fake a trade with her dragon and then used the dragon and the Unsullied to take over Astapor. That would be considered a battle plan.

That's not a battle plan, it was clever(which is why I said other than that one instance), not a battle plan.  Battle plans refers to specifically planning a, you know, battle.  

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I thought Sansa was staying north, which is why Jamie was staying at Winterfell (with Brienne) before he bailed.

Originally she was, but then she heard about what Euron's fleet did (right?), she then has a meeting with Brienne and tells her what's happened and that "She always wanted to be there in person when they execute your [looking at Jaime] sister". I interpreted that as she's heading to King's Landing personally.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

If you're counting that one, you also have to consider her "battle plan" to unite the Dothraki as well.

So Danny dying in the finale seems obvious, I’ve thought this might happen before the season since Emilia Clark said she cried for days after how it ended. 

The question is, who delivers the blow? Cersei in an ambush, her final play before death. 

Jon? Arya? Brianne? Jamie?

Hard to imagine any of them killing Danny as none of them would be here right now without her. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Originally she was, but then she heard about what Euron's fleet did (right?), she then has a meeting with Brienne and tells her what's happened and that "She always wanted to be there in person when they execute your [looking at Jaime] sister". I interpreted that as she's heading to King's Landing personally.

I took that as her needling Jamie and expressing regret that she wouldn't get to see Cersei executed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh, also this episode completely avoided explaining what Bran was doing while the Battle of Winterfell was going on. So instead of reassuring everyone that his character isn't completely effing useless, we're left just having to assume that Bran is some powerful being that does more than sit in a wheelchair and control ravens. Maybe they'll explain it in E05....probably not though. Up to this point, Bran's character has been the biggest waste of screen time in GoT because it's resulted in literally nothing except "Yeah let me be bait for the NK."

The last 3 eyed raven was in a tree and either spent time in a raven or in the past. Bran even mentioned this past episode that's what he mostly does now. Why is everyone thinking he has to be this total badass.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ah. I took that to mean she was disappointed she wasn't going to see it.

• Like 1

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

The last 3 eyed raven was in a tree and either spent time in a raven or in the past. Bran even mentioned this past episode that's what he mostly does now. Why is everyone thinking he has to be this total badass.

I think it's just because that's what everyone has told me - that Bran has a lot of power. I just don't see it. I don't see any more value added than what you'd get from a Maestor, much less a character who has been in the show since the first episode and whose had his own side plot that's resulted in.....nothing.