Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Dany really isn't a mad queen in the way her father was a mad king. She's losing her composure, but at this stage I'd say it's justified. She's made poor decisions but most often in order to help others. She's lost so much as a result of that. She has a right to be pissed. 

She wants to burn down King's Landing and everyone in it, exactly what Aerys was about to do before Jamie killed him.

13 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Dany really isn't a mad queen in the way her father was a mad king. She's losing her composure, but at this stage I'd say it's justified. She's made poor decisions but most often in order to help others. She's lost so much as a result of that. She has a right to be pissed. 

I think it's clear that's what they're setting up. By killing of Jorah and Missandei, they've killed her voice of reason and impulse control. She's reaching her breaking point, isolated, and has no one to talk her off the ledge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Golden company will betray Cersi.. Once they said, We don't break contracts or something along those lines.

Technically the Golden Company is hired by the Iron Bank, not Cersei or the Crown. If the Iron Bank decides they are more likely to see a return on their investment if someone other than Cersei wins, that is their decision, and the Golden Company would not be breaking their contract.

Just now, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

I think it's clear that's what they're setting up. By killing of Jorah and Missandei, they've killed her voice of reason and impulse control. She's reaching her breaking point, isolated, and has no one to talk her off the ledge. 

Yeah I feel like she’s going to go mad king on kings landing,, Jon will sorrowfully kill her and take the throne. Jamie will either kill Cersei or die with her. And it would be really predictable  

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Technically the Golden Company is hired by the Iron Bank, not Cersei or the Crown. If the Iron Bank decides they are more likely to see a return on their investment if someone other than Cersei wins, that is their decision, and the Golden Company would not be breaking their contract.

Do we know this is a fact?  Maybe Cersi had left over cash from high garden.

I feel like at this point in the show, anything they do will be predictable. I just want them to wrap everything up in a way that I look back years from now and still enjoy the ending, whether it has the shock value or not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Do we know this is a fact?  Maybe Cersi had left over cash from high garden.

Yes, Cersei talks to the representative from the Iron  Bank and discusses her borrowing money to hire them

13 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Bingo - and her main allies are the brother of her enemy, the master of spies who once orchestrated an attempted on her life and a man who has a better claim to the throne than she has. 

The walls are closing in on her in that sense. Her decent into madness will be a fast one, she already has reasons to be paranoid.

28 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Exactly. 

24 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

She wants to burn down King's Landing and everyone in it, exactly what Aerys was about to do before Jamie killed him.

This how war in real life has worked for centuries. Sometimes innocents are casualties for the greater good. Almost always, actually. Presidents make decisions all the time where they have to sacrifice people to save even more people. 

And George RR Martin has made it clear from the beginning honor will never win the throne. That’s not what this story is about. So if Danny dies and Jon solely sits on the throne, it’s really a hollywood cop out. 

10 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I feel like at this point in the show, anything they do will be predictable. I just want them to wrap everything up in a way that I look back years from now and still enjoy the ending, whether it has the shock value or not. 

I wish they had adopted this philosophy 2 episodes ago.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This how war in real life has worked for centuries. Sometimes innocents are casualties for the greater good. Almost always, actually. Presidents make decisions all the time where they have to sacrifice people to save even more people. 

And George RR Martin has made it clear from the beginning honor will never win the throne. That’s not what this story is about. So if Danny dies and Jon solely sits on the throne, it’s really a hollywood cop out. 

Firebombing the people you want to rule is fast way to take the thrown, but a terrible way to keep it.

If Dany does that, I can't see Jon, Varys, Tyrion, Sansa, or any of the major players standing by her. 

I can definitely see it happening, but then someone will kill her.

Bran wargs Dany just before she does something insane. Rather than affecting her younger self, it does a Hodor on Aerys. To prevent destruction, Bran causes what started it all. Or more likely, Bran sits in his chair.