Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just bothered by the fact that the direwolves have been so neutered in the series. 

RGCR7Rs.png

Ghost I can see them getting away with since he was the runt. Nymeria was gigantic last season.

But the overall story has been awful.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Is it really that shocking that in a mountainous island range that Euron's fleet could hide through the fog and hit Dany's dragon by surprise? Not really. The weapon feels unreal, but the calcs from earlier don't make sense either. The most unrealistic thing about those scorpions is how they messed up the other Greyjoy ships. Not how it took down a giant reptile.

Dragonstone is an island not a mountain range, and it was a clear sunny day.  They could have used the island as cover, but to come around the island, turn the ships, aim, and fire likely takes a couple minutes at least with a sail boat.  Whomever Greyworm had manned in the crows nest should be flogged around the fleet.

The math is right from before.  It would take an unreal amount of force to fling something as big as those bolts as fast and far as they did to kill a dragon in mid air from likely a mile plus away.  That's why until gunpowder naval warfare was largely about ramming ships and having a land fight on boats (disregarding flinging burning materials like greek fire which still had to be done at a relatively close range and shot at an arc to cover anything more than 100 feet).

I know it wont happen but I would still love to see Tyrion on the Iron Throne some way some how.

Maybe.....

Jon kills Dany because she loses it.

Jamie kills Cersei

Euron kills Jamie

Brienne kills Euron

Jon doesn't want to be King of the 7 Kingdoms and goes back North to be just be the King of the North.

Gendry has no desire to be King of the 7 Kingdoms either and is happy being Lord of Storms End.

Yara remains Queen of the Iron Islands.

Tormund is King of the land beyond what was once the wall.

Dorn Has their new prince already.

That would leave Tyrion as the last remaining person with a claim to the throne or did I miss someone?

I've always loved Tyrions character and even though he hasn't been as prominent lately, I would still like to see him end up as King on the Iron Throne.  Perhaps he could convince Sansa to be his wife again to unite the houses.  Is this all cliché, yes it is, but I love the show quirks and all.

Peace!!!

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. The director of the episode said what they've always said, the CGI is too expensive. Then he followed it up by saying the goodbye was more powerful the way they filmed it anyways...

I mean are they really that expensive? I don't know anything about CGI, but my goodness that just seems like such a copout every year.

It's not so much expensive as they never really figured out how to do them justice/film them right plus the GOT show never put the emphasis it should've on them (I mean people saying the sad look goodbye was Jon wharging with ghost one last time is blegh) , the money always went to the dragons because well the dragons were the show's main spectacle. 

Then the ice zombies/once a season special battle monster get the next best priority.

The direwolves get the leftovers and the leftovers for this season were......Ghost rides off with the Dothraki, loses an ear, Gets lassied by the most compassionate person on the show. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Again - its called human error. You've no idea how may takes of that scene they took - but obviously the cup was an oversight. Nothing more than that.

Yup. I mean it isn’t the first - or even the 10th time - they’ve goofed something like this throughout the series. It happens. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-more-game-of-thrones-goofs-that-show-maybe-we-shouldn-1834582280

And if you go on IMDB, you can see a whole list of these types of goofs for basically every show ever. The anger over this is hilarious to watch. 

• Like 1

On 07/05/2019 at 1:59 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Seems like a lot of people just hate-watch it to get mad about something and miss the important dialogue.

The important dialogue (what is left of it) is what keeps me coming back. That and closure - I've read the books, I watched every episode - I'm not giving up on the home straight.

Hate isn't the overriding emotion - it's disappointment. It's so weird watching a show that is removed from what it used to be. It's intriguing that in season 2, it took the Stark army half a season and cliff-edge decision making to get down into the riverlands to campaign against the Lannister army - whereas now, it takes 0.25 of an episode to get to the gates of Kings Landing. It's just weird now, for me.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's intriguing that in season 2, it took the Stark army half a season and cliff-edge decision making to get down into the riverlands to campaign against the Lannister army - whereas now, it takes 0.25 of an episode to get to the gates of Kings Landing. It's just weird now, for me.

You've gotten older and time is just moving faster for you now.

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yup. I mean it isn’t the first - or even the 10th time - they’ve goofed something like this throughout the series. It happens. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-more-game-of-thrones-goofs-that-show-maybe-we-shouldn-1834582280

And if you go on IMDB, you can see a whole list of these types of goofs for basically every show ever. The anger over this is hilarious to watch. 

I read something somewhere that it took 55 nights of shooting for episode 3.

Thats a lot of sleep deprived people downing a lot of coffee (or amphetamines) to keep cranking.

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The important dialogue (what is left of it) is what keeps me coming back. That and closure - I've read the books, I watched every episode - I'm not giving up on the home straight.

Hate isn't the overriding emotion - it's disappointment. It's so weird watching a show that is removed from what it used to be. It's intriguing that in season 2, it took the Stark army half a season and cliff-edge decision making to get down into the riverlands to campaign against the Lannister army - whereas now, it takes 0.25 of an episode to get to the gates of Kings Landing. It's just weird now, for me.

In season 2, they had to negotiate with people in the riverlands and everything. Now, there's no one holding any of these castles on the way down. So it's a stright march. ALSO, Daenarys took her half of the army to white harbor and ferried them down with ships.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The biggest mistake this show made was convincing themselves they only needed 6 episodes to finish this show. Everything just seems rushed from a writing standpoint.

The amount of good 7 episodes would have done...makes me sad.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The amount of good 7 episodes would have done...makes me sad.

Or just the standard 10 episodes at 60 minutes of length. That way nothing is rushed or forced, and they can take the time to adequately explain things instead of having to resort to time traveling and nonsense.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The biggest mistake this show made was convincing themselves they only needed 6 episodes to finish this show. Everything just seems rushed from a writing standpoint.

I made mention of this for the 3rd episode. At the very least Rhaegal could have died a glorious death fighting Viserion. Instead he got sniped from Euron doing a live version of Duck Hunt (dragon style), it would have been better of many of these characters died then. Still stand by my statement this season would have been better stretching out the long night with a loss to the good guys and end the series with a massive 3 way battle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I made mention of this for the 3rd episode. At the very least Rhaegal could have died a glorious death fighting Viserion. Instead he got sniped from Euron doing a live version of Duck Hunt (dragon style), it would have been better of many of these characters died then. Still stand by my statement this season would have been better stretching out the long night with a loss to the good guys and end the series with a massive 3 way battle. 

Thanks, now I will always envision Euron as that stupid laughing dog from Duck Hunt.  

• Like 1