Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

44 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I can see that, and would be pretty happy with that.  Of course, the seven kingdoms are bound to start fighting each other again before too long.

That's the beauty of it.... Sets up a sequel series for HBO about the conflict between the seven kingdoms and even allows them to bring people back for it.

... Not saying they will... But we all know it would be a cash cow if they did it.

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

That's the beauty of it.... Sets up a sequel series for HBO about the conflict between the seven kingdoms and even allows them to bring people back for it.

... Not saying they will... But we all know it would be a cash cow if they did it.

Would be really cool if they waited like 20 years and then bring back Sophie Turner and a few other remaining survivors original actors, because then you could have the children of the current younger actors be ages 15-20 and the next generation coming up behind them.  Like Fuller House, but with good actors and actresses and the freedom of HBO.

My hero

"And I'd get into all these arguments and fights with the writers and they're like "Yeah, we heare you." "Yeah but please, you have to..." And they go "Yeah, we hear you and we respect you, but we don't care. Ok, we don't.. You're an actor, just say the words." They didn't say it like that, but that was the gist.

And the funny thing is, we've gotten through these song-and-dance-routines every season since season 4, where I come back and I'm like "This doesn't make sense!""

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I think its a combo of 1 and 3. Jon kills or at least overthrows Dany, but then calls all the lords of the seven kingdoms together and declares them independent rulers of their own land. So basically, Sansa wins lol 

Lol that would be the worst possible thing for the 7 kingdoms. There is already a large power vacuum in place with the Reach and the Riverlands gone. Highly unlikely Dornes new prince is a Martell so there's that. Gendry is a Bastard lord made by a bat **** crazy queen who just died or was overthrown. Might be a good time for those who like paying the Iron Price for things they want. And Tyrion I think has grown weary of trying to play politics. The only stable place would be the Vale. Even the North still has the Karstarks still harboring vengeance on the Starks probably. 

56 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol that would be the worst possible thing for the 7 kingdoms. There is already a large power vacuum in place with the Reach and the Riverlands gone. Highly unlikely Dornes new prince is a Martell so there's that. Gendry is a Bastard lord made by a bat **** crazy queen who just died or was overthrown. Might be a good time for those who like paying the Iron Price for things they want. And Tyrion I think has grown weary of trying to play politics. The only stable place would be the Vale. Even the North still has the Karstarks still harboring vengeance on the Starks probably. 

That all sounds great, the "game" can never really be over. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Not that you were necessarily implying it but a bad/grim outlook for Westeros and the 7 kingdoms isn't  a bad or illogical ending for the show. 

Edited by skywindO2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Is Jon going to kill Grey Wurm too? I think that's a fight that needs to happen. 

I'm of the opinion that they'll keep Grey Worm alive since Missandei died.  IMO, one was gonna die, and the other was gonna be alive to sulk about it.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I can see that, and would be pretty happy with that.  Of course, the seven kingdoms are bound to start fighting each other again before too long.

With all the talk about breaking the wheel, the only way that that metaphor makes sense is if the plan is to end the feudal system that results in the power struggles.  Whether that be what Joffrey and Robert suggested, where power is more centralized, or whether the seven kingdoms break up, I don't know.  But I do assume the system of government will change drastically.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

My hero

"And I'd get into all these arguments and fights with the writers and they're like "Yeah, we heare you." "Yeah but please, you have to..." And they go "Yeah, we hear you and we respect you, but we don't care. Ok, we don't.. You're an actor, just say the words." They didn't say it like that, but that was the gist.

And the funny thing is, we've gotten through these song-and-dance-routines every season since season 4, where I come back and I'm like "This doesn't make sense!""

So Tyrion, Jamie, Jon, and Danny have all voiced extreme displeasure over Season 8. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

True, but I think that fits with George's bleak view of humanity.  Name me the last time in world history when there wasn't some kind of war going on somewhere.  Humans as a species are (for some inexplicable reason) innately self-destructive.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The LBC said:

True, but I think that fits with George's bleak view of humanity.  Name me the last time in world history when there wasn't some kind of war going on somewhere.  Humans as a species are (for some inexplicable reason) innately self-destructive.

Not really inexplicable.  It can be argued that greed is the human condition.  And, throughout history, wars are mostly fueled by some person or peoples' greed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I'm of the opinion that they'll keep Grey Worm alive since Missandei died.  IMO, one was gonna die, and the other was gonna be alive to sulk about it.

With all the talk about breaking the wheel, the only way that that metaphor makes sense is if the plan is to end the feudal system that results in the power struggles.  Whether that be what Joffrey and Robert suggested, where power is more centralized, or whether the seven kingdoms break up, I don't know.  But I do assume the system of government will change drastically.

Just because she said she wanted to break the wheel doesn't mean that she will.  From the vantage point right now it looks a lot more like she is being crushed beneath the wheel (or at least her supposed new world outlook) and the wheel spins ever on.

50 minutes ago, The LBC said:

That makes complete sense to me.  Man is an imperfect beast and there will always be those who desire what others have and will take it by whatever means necessary.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Just because she said she wanted to break the wheel doesn't mean that she will.  From the vantage point right now it looks a lot more like she is being crushed beneath the wheel (or at least her supposed new world outlook) and the wheel spins ever on.

Oh I don't think Dany breaks it.  I don't think she makes it to the end of the series, and her character doesn't seem to understand metaphors in that scene anyway.  In that scene, she seems to actually be talking about stopping the wheel like Tyrion says, but saying break sounds tougher, so that's the line.

I'm still thinking Tyrion makes it to the end, and if he's the leftovers, I could see that being the one thing that he does that Dany wanted.