Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Just read there is a petition 350k strong to remake the entire season. That's alot regardless of any franchise. 

I wonder what reasons got the most signs for it. 

I'd guess completely butchering the White Walker/Night King/3 Eyed Raven stories.  Dany going nuts I get, and while I think it could have been done better, I at least see the line.  D&D pretty much just completely disregarded what should have been the central story of the entire series.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd guess completely butchering the White Walker/Night King/3 Eyed Raven stories.  Dany going nuts I get, and while I think it could have been done better, I at least see the line.  D&D pretty much just completely disregarded what should have been the central story of the entire series.

Well to me the Arya kill of the NK ruined the series, that and the fact they took up like 1 episode when it should have been most of the season. 

Dany turning into a villain probably had something to do with it. I think it would have been better if Cersei had planned to set off all the wild fires around the city as a chain reaction burning any part of the castle. 

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Just read there is a petition 350k strong to remake the entire season. That's alot regardless of any franchise. 

Where can we sign? This has clearly been rushed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if any of these folks actually bothered to put a single cent or even the promise of it behind their "demand" or if they're just feeling like they're "entitled" to a re-shoot at the network's, actors', crew's expense?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I wonder if any of these folks actually bothered to put a single cent or even the promise of it behind their "demand" or if they're just feeling like they're "entitled" to a re-shoot at the network's, actors', crew's expense?

Of course they haven't, which is why I don't put my name of stupid crap like that.  HBO isn't going to spend another $100 million to re-do the last season, and it'd likely be more than that since the actors are no longer under contract.

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Of course they haven't, which is why I don't put my name of stupid crap like that.  HBO isn't going to spend another $100 million to re-do the last season, and it'd likely be more than that since the actors are no longer under contract.

I'm surprised that HBO didn't exert more control over this season.  Guest writers came in for the first two episodes, so it's not like D&D were given total control, and there was already a good bit of backlash about the writing in season 7.  With three new ASOIAF series going forward, so much hype for the last season, and so much potential money on the line, I can't believe HBO didn't figure out that all the actors talking **** wasn't a big red flag.

Now they have bad writing, a Starbucks cup, and Jaime regrowing a hand as the series' legacy.  Probably going to hurt the viewership of the next series.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'm surprised that HBO didn't exert more control over this season.  Guest writers came in for the first two episodes, so it's not like D&D were given total control, and there was already a good bit of backlash about the writing in season 7.  With three new ASOIAF series going forward, so much hype for the last season, and so much potential money on the line, I can't believe HBO didn't figure out that all the actors talking **** wasn't a big red flag.

Now they have bad writing, a Starbucks cup, and Jaime regrowing a hand as the series' legacy.  Probably going to hurt the viewership of the next series.

The Starbucks thing isn't a big deal, I thought it was kind of funny.  They should have left it in instead of digitally erasing it.

I also think there will be huge buy in for the first spin off to hit the air, but they better nail the first few episodes, because the novelty of being next won't last long.

Edited by THE DUKE

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

The Starbucks thing isn't a big deal, I thought it was kind of funny.  They should have left it in instead of digitally erasing it.

I also think there will be huge buy in for the first spin off to his the air, but they better nail the first few episodes, because the novelty of being next won't last long.

By itself it isn't.  But with the backlash over the quality of the last season, it's a convenient symbol for the season's sloppiness and overall failure, and it will probably keep that status for a while.  It didn't bother me, since I didn't notice it, but it's going to end up being a lingering thing people think of/refer to when this season comes up.

And that stain will cost them money, and with so much money to be potentially made, and a lot of red flags, I'm surprised this was allowed to happen.

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

By itself it isn't.  But with the backlash over the quality of the last season, it's a convenient symbol for the season's sloppiness and overall failure, and it will probably keep that status for a while. 

It's nothing so grand. Bottom line it needed to be removed for artistic, commercial & legal reasons. GOT isnt a platform for advertising Starbucks coffee.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Stuff like this is done to show their disatisfaction with how its turned out. I doubt they really think it would be done. I also doubt it would be a terrible burden for anyone other then D&D to redo it getting paid and all. All of these people loved being apart of it and it appears only the show runners wanted it to end which is probably another reason driving the petition.  

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's nothing so grand. Bottom line it needed to be removed for artistic, commercial & legal reasons. GOT isnt a platform for advertising Starbucks coffee.

I never said that it didn't need to be removed.

And it definitely has become a symbol for everything bad in GOT.  Like 70% of the memes ****ting on GOT involve that cup.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fun fact: they estimated Starbucks got 2 billion in free advertising out of it.