Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Doran Martell uses his mothers name, but that could be because of Dornish customs . Since Jon was born in Dorne it probably wouldn't work, but they can try and bend it like Beckham 

There would be custom for Jon taking his mother's name of Stark (the ones I listed above). They don't have to rely on Dorne's customs. Though yes, Dorne was allowed to keep several of their own customs when they came into the Kingdom - which does include a different inheritance policy. They go strictly by the eldest - regardless of gender. I believe that this stems from the fact that they have a larger chunk of Rhoynish in them as opposed to Andal/First Men like most of the other major houses. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

But that's not how it happened.  Aerys was King, he was killed, making Rhaegar king. 

If Robert was still alive, Joffrey had a son, then Joffrey died, Tommen would become king in the event of Robert's death, not Joffrey's son. 

No. That's not how succession works - Joffrey's son would be ahead of Tommen.

That's why (in the books) Aegon IV was known as "Aegon the Unlikely" - because he was the 4th son of a fourth son.

If Jon  is R+L's son, and legitimate, he is ahead of Dany. No question.

36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I still like the theory of Tyrion being a bastard Targaryen.  For anybody that wants to read up on how it's a possibility, here's a good one explaining it in detail:

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/06/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-is-tyrion-lannister-actually-a-targaryen/

I did not read the link but GRRM does not seem to have coincidences when writing.  Everything is deliberate and it is one of the reasons why I was drawn to his books long ago.  A very telling coincidence to me that supports Tyrion being a targ/dragonrider... I have only come across GRRM mentioning 3 women that died in childbirth; Jon's mother, Tyrion's mother and Daneary's mother.  Yes it is vague and it could be a coincidence but it does not feel like one.

• Like 1

So we've got...

1. Mothers dying in childbirth.
2. Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys being the only ones to pet a dragon.
3. Daenerys and Jon confirmed Targaryens. 
4. Tywin's unwillingness to accept Tyrion as an heir.
5. Aeryn's infatuation with Joana. 

Tyrion's a Targaryen bastard. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

One thing that didn't settle well w/ me this episode was how Sam just seemingly knew which literature to select. He was just going through and knew where everything was that he wanted.

Anyone have anything on this?

He was in there an episode ago, so he could have scouted it out already 

Just now, Acgott said:

He was in there an episode ago, so he could have scouted it out already 

Scouted out thousands and thousands of pieces of literature? I mean, I know there's no TV and phones to distract them on a day-to-day life but that's a lot of crap to look through lol.

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So we've got...

1. Mothers dying in childbirth.
2. Tyrion, Jon and Daenerys being the only ones to pet a dragon.
3. Daenerys and Jon confirmed Targaryens. 
4. Tywin's unwillingness to accept Tyrion as an heir.
5. Aeryn's infatuation with Joana. 

Tyrion's a Targaryen bastard. 

If Tyrion is a bastard why didn't Tywin ship him off as a ward unless Tywin didn't know. In the case Tywin didn't want to make him heir because of Tyrion's personality 

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Scouted out thousands and thousands of pieces of literature? I mean, I know there's no TV and phones to distract them on a day-to-day life but that's a lot of crap to look through lol.

I need to watch again, but he could have grabbed a few books that mention the long night. I don't recall how methodical he was

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You underestimate how much Sam loves books.

I feel like it's a "time saver" since we only have so many episodes this season. They easily could've spent time how things are organized in that place or how Sam has "spent a few days reading" and setting aside literature to help. Not just a "I've been here a few times and I'm just going to run around and grab random crap and hope it helps" which is the feel I got from that scene lol