Week One GDT: Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders

BayRaider

Rams are going to be a better team than us this year. But, week 1 anything can happen. Especially when it's week 1, at home, monday night, with gruden's first game back. The home field advantage is going to be huge.  It wouldn't surprise me if this is the one game we stole in 2018. 

Such a mixed bag of emotions heading into this game and I honestly have no idea what its going to look like.

On one hand, the Raiders TC and preseason has probably been the most secretive I've ever seen. No one has been able to guess exactly what is going on in Gruden's mind and how the playbook and schemes are actually going to play out. The starters hardly played and Gruden was doing his best Downing impression with the play calling so I have no idea what the offense is going to look like. This is a huge prove it game for Gruden.. If he comes out of this game with a win he will be back on his pedestal, but if he loses (and badly) he's going to be a huge target of the media and the fans for the rest of the season.

On the other hand, Hurley and Goff didn't take a single preseason snap. Will there be rust? Will all if the new pieces on defense gel together? Will Donald be able to jump right in next to Suh and dominate with such short preparation? He did miss game 1 last season do to a holdout..

All said, I'm excited, nervous, hopeful, and yet still dreading the possibilty of a repeat of the Raiders v Broncos MNF opener 10 seasons back..

11 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think The Raiders are going to win just because Greg Olsen is telling the Raiders DC every single thing about that offense.

That’s a huge advantage for the Raiders.

True but they’re a professional team and they know that, and will adjust accordingly. Expect to see some new stuff from them.

6 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

True but they’re a professional team and they know that, and will adjust accordingly. Expect to see some new stuff from them.

Ehhh Raiders didn't change much when they faced Gruden in the SB the following year...

I think the Rams are overrated this season. The splashy signing things rarely work out. And I think the Raiders are underrated at this stage. After the Mack trade, people just discarded them. Last I checked, this is a QB league and I like Carr and Gruden's offense to show up. Home, night game..... I like the home team in an upset. 

I don't buy this locker room hangover until it plays out. That's why you have veterans in your locker room. 

I don’t buy the Raiders offense, especially not against a wade Phillips coached defense. I expect a lot of Raiders 3 and outs because we haven’t seen the Raiders offense. I don’t buy TC hype, they looked good in TC last year too. Also unlike the Raiders the Rams actually signed their defensive player to a contract. 

Sean Mccvay is too smart a coach to not break the defense. And putting our hope in Rookies on the the Dline to make an impact is foolish.  Personally i think the Rams will beat the Raiders down. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think the Rams are overrated this season. The splashy signing things rarely work out. And I think the Raiders are underrated at this stage. After the Mack trade, people just discarded them. Last I checked, this is a QB league and I like Carr and Gruden's offense to show up. Home, night game..... I like the home team in an upset. 

I don't buy this locker room hangover until it plays out. That's why you have veterans in your locker room. 

I see this said a lot, but there doesn't seem to be much substance to it. For example, the Super Bowl champion Eagles added Ronald Darby, Timmy Jernigan, Alshon Jeffery, and Jay Ajayi. All were pretty "splashy" moves. Of course, we can't forget the Broncos adding Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Manny Sanders, and T.J. Ward the year before they won the Super Bowl (going 12-4 that year). It feels like people only remember the Dream Team Eagles. And they had issues much bigger than splashy signings. That tends to happen when you make your OL Coach the DC, and he runs a scheme that doesn't fit the splashy players you just added.

I think the Raiders are underrated this year, but I don't see this being a good match-up for them.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I see this said a lot, but there doesn't seem to be much substance to it. For example, the Super Bowl champion Eagles added Ronald Darby, Timmy Jernigan, Alshon Jeffery, and Jay Ajayi. All were pretty "splashy" moves. Of course, we can't forget the Broncos adding Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Manny Sanders, and T.J. Ward the year before they won the Super Bowl (going 12-4 that year). It feels like people only remember the Dream Team Eagles. And they had issues much bigger than splashy signings. That tends to happen when you make your OL Coach the DC, and he runs a scheme that doesn't fit the splashy players you just added.

I think the Raiders are underrated this year, but I don't see this being a good match-up for them.

I think you guys will beat us handily. Your offense trumps our D in talent bigtime.

Anyone else really looking forward to Hudson, Osemele, and Jackson vs. Donald, Suh, and Brockers? Its gonna be a true battle of titans. 3 Pro Bowl interior lineman on both sides.

Wishing for no injuries boys. Good luck and so glad football is back. Question I’m seeing home field advantage being posted here.. But I’ve heard that not many fans will attend games because of the whole Vegas thing.. Is that out of context? Stub hub has a ton of seats open. 

27 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Wishing for no injuries boys. Good luck and so glad football is back. Question I’m seeing home field advantage being posted here.. But I’ve heard that not many fans will attend games because of the whole Vegas thing.. Is that out of context? Stub hub has a ton of seats open. 

I'm sure it'll be a sold out packed house. Return of Gruden, Monday Night Opener, Greatest Show on Turf 1.5 comes to town ;)

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Very possible id think actually. Chucky's rubbed alot of fans the wrong way so far, team is leaving for Vegas, city is suing team and nfl. I was curious how ticket sales were doing as well.

Archived