Week 1 Overreactions

footbull3196

5 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't give Jameis the job back.

This might actually happen. If the Bucs beat the Steelers and Eagles with Fitzpatrick looking good, Winston isn't getting his job back. Or, maybe he will because of football politics, but then he'll be under the microscope big time. 

Rivers is dried up. 

Benjamin has worse hands then Troy Williamson.

Chargers have a smaller fan base then some of the local high schools here in Los Angeles. 

Lynn is just another garbage hire.

Schottenheimer was the highlight of the modern Chargers organization. 

Jahleel Addae is the highest paid trash player in the league. 

I know they didn't ask/want for it, but I feel like I am owed a formal apology from the Bears and Chargers organization for all the preseason hype I had to read/listen to. They are exactly who we thought they were. Exactly what they've been and we're always going to be. The Bears are talented but are held back by a QB they have to hide and who everyone decided to overlook and/or assume would take a leap. The Chargers are still the Chargers.

Could they end up living up to the hype over the course of a season? Absolutely. But, I need to see it over the course of several weeks/months before I willing to buy in at all.

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I know they didn't ask/want for it, but I feel like I am owed a formal apology from the Bears and Chargers organization for all the preseason hype I had to read/listen to. They are exactly who we thought they were. Exactly what they've been and we're always going to be. The Bears are talented but are held back by a QB they have to hide and who everyone decided to overlook and/or assume would take a leap. The Chargers are still the Chargers.

Could they end up living up to the hype over the course of a season? Absolutely. But, I need to see it over the course of several weeks/months before I willing to buy in at all.

Again, no one hyped the Chargers except some attention seeking television hacks. It’s a garbage organization from the very top. They play in a soccer stadium and my only hope is they get treated like a soccer team and relegated to a lower league. 

10 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Again, no one hyped the Chargers except some attention seeking television hacks. It’s a garbage organization from the very top. They play in a soccer stadium and my only hope is they get treated like a soccer team and relegated to a lower league. 

Plenty of analysts/podcasters whose content I enjoy and insight I generally respect bought in to the Chargers talented on paper roster for the 872nd straight off-season.

The "home-field" is a SEVERE handi-cap for a team to deal with that has not been brought up often enough the last year+.

Hard to have talent when you can’t keep a first round pick on the field...

Fun fact Chargers have give a second contract to two first round picks since 2005. 

Anyone that says they have a “talented” team is talking out the wrong end. 

2/12... garbage

Archived