Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They had 3 wide on the other side. You need at least 3 defenders over there.

They had 5 offensive lineman so you need 6 defenders to cover the gaps. 

You've got one guy on Diggs so you've already committed 10 guys. 

You then typically want a defender spying the RB. 

That's 11 guys. What is the game plan you want them to run? Leave someone open entirely? 

You force the play. Kirk isn’t going to Diggs in that situation.

are you down a guy? Yeah. But you are forcing where it’s going. You lose a guy, but you halve the field. You force the location.

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You realize they have a good defense do you not? Not to mention our QB was playing on 1 leg? Unbelievable. Crosby makes the last FG we win. The refs don't screw us, we win. 

Adams doesn't drop two passes, we probably win. 

Rodgers doesn't fumble on second down, we probably win. 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

You force the play. Kirk isn’t going to Diggs in that situation.

are you down a guy? Yeah. But you are forcing where it’s going. You lose a guy, but you halve the field. You force the location.

Brice should have gave help over the top that play, it's not just on House.

Just now, Green19 said:

They are in bunch. You zone on that side. So unless Kirk sits there for days... your defenders in that zone know it’s coming.

The second they see they have numbers to that side, they're going to throw it there and have two blockers on two defenders to get two yards. You're way better off playing 1 v 1 ball against Diggs than 3 v 2 ball against Thielen, and two TEs when we have **** talent at ILB. 

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Brice should have gave help over the top that play, it's not just on House.

Sure... but they aren’t matching CBs. They are playing sides. I’d prefer to put Alexander on Diggs. At least his speed makes that a contested catch.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The second they see they have numbers to that side, they're going to throw it there and have two blockers on two defenders to get two yards. You're way better off playing 1 v 1 ball against Diggs than 3 v 2 ball against Thielen, and two TEs when we have **** talent at ILB. 

But again... yes it’s 2 v 2 on blockers. Why can’t a guy just as easily shoot the gap and make a play?

Again Haha was shading towards Diggs any ways. He wasn’t going to help on the bunch side regardless. I’m saying force the location. It’s up to their two blockers vs gb’s two defenders.

Its not like cbs don’t blow those plays up. Just cause they have numbers you cant assume their guy MAKES the block.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Sure... but they aren’t matching CBs. They are playing sides. I’d prefer to put Alexander on Diggs. At least his speed makes that a contested catch.

Yes thats what I agree with I would have rather had Jackson or Alexander on the left side. They finally made that change later IIRC.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

@JBURGE might be a closet VIkings fan?

There were a ton of Vikings fans there. Like 5 of them in my section left when cousins threw that pick to jaire that was called back. We didn't even know about the roughing the passer for a solid minute cause we were celebrating 

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This'll probably be my last post in this thread until maybe after the game, but who was rooting for injuries? People on FF or people you know outside the forum?

Injuries suck, period. Whether its a teams worst player or their best, you never want to see injuries, even if it means it will help your favorite team win.

I hope everyone stays healthy for this game. I say this not only for their own sake, but  because both our teams should be playoff bound this year. We both need as much help as we can get if we are to get there and make any noise.

OK I'm done. You can go back to hating me. ?

Not on FF, fans I know or encounter  in real life.

Pack were screwed out of a win. There is no other discussion to be had. Refs did all they could and the Vikings still can’t beat the Pack when Rodgers plays the whole game. Had no clue that bull**** roughing the passer call against Clay until a solid minute or so after the play. **** this league. If that clean tackle is roughing the passer, end the NFL. Those kinds of calls will be the nail in the coffin for this league. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

You realize they have a good defense do you not? Not to mention our QB was playing on 1 leg? Unbelievable. Crosby makes the last FG we win. The refs don't screw us, we win. 

We score on any of those 5 kicks, we win. Screw the Zebras, AR12 is good enough that they shouldn't matter. I'm never getting mad at a Kicker for missing a 55+, I'm mad at the offense that got stuck there. The overtime one, ok, but if they make ANY of their kicks at any point in the game, they win. As for our defense, let's not forget they gave up 4 TDs. The counter argument is that they were on the field too often, but who's fault is that? As for Rodgers being hurt, we play better when he is. In the words of Aaron Rodgers in postgame "how often can we hand them the game?"

We did good this game, but not good enough. Offense needs to kick it up one last notch next week when we're not playing an elite defense. 

Frustrating game. I was expecting an L coming into today. Was pleasantly surprised to be up 2 scores after half and into the 3rd.

Offense needs to be disciplined, finish plays... they play a worse defense next week in the Redskins. Also, Fedex Field was empty, there'll be 30,000 Packers fans there next week with yours truly included.

Feel bad for Clay, that was an absolute BS call. Jaire Alexander got a gifted INT taken away and the ability to ice it.

Oh well, still undefeated!

Archived