Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

This game more than anything else should put to rest any talk of us not being able to compete with Minnesota over 60 minutes. We’re 1 passer rusher away from being on an elite level. Get Aaron Jones back and we’re in great shape. 

Well, we aren't getting that pass rusher this year. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

What the **** is he supposed to do there? Run up to Cousins and wrap him up without bringing him to the ground? We learned today that the refs don't whistle that dead because Daniels ******* did it.

This dumb**** belief that people have, that defenders can ******* stop on a dime and control their momentum through contact is the reason these stupid rules exist in the first place. 

Aren't you the guy who was making fun of me over the new rules when I commented on the rules in the preseason. I think I mentioned how you'd be a smart *** about it until it cost us a game, well here we are. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Eh. Idk. Hit the guy for sure. Dont go all in. It's a thin, thin line. But it's apparently got to be played. Thats tough, especially since it wasnt a penalty of any kind.

With the Barr rule. If it's going to be legitimate, the head must be down feet up, all weight on qb. Clay had a knee and a hand down. Idk what he's supposed to do. Blow kisses?

It’s sad that it’s come to this but these are the times we’re in. You hit the QB, you’re running a risk of getting a penalty. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Aren't you the guy who was making fun of me over the new rules when I commented on the rules in the preseason. I think I mentioned how you'd be a smart *** about it until it cost us a game, well here we are. 

No you ******* mouth breather, I was making fun of your opinion that you can't play defense. The NFL didn't legislate out defense. This was a blown call by an official.

There was literally nothing wrong with Clay's hit on Cousins. Last weeks' flag made sense, this one was garbage

The holding call on Taylor for his pancake block costing Graham a TD was garbage

The non DPI call on that long Graham attempt was garbage

The OPI call on Adams catch was garbage

These refs were garbage

Honestly I blame how they decided to handle Diggs. Putting house on him... then not even just straight doubling him at the line on the 2 pt attempt.

Haha wasn’t going to effect the bunch... so just have haha and Williams hit him there. Force cousins to the bunch.

Unbelievable that it’s come to a time when you can’t tackle the f’ng qb anymore. I get the penalties for the head shots, like the one Adams got from Smith in the endzone drop at the end of the game that wasn’t called, but tackling a qb as he throws??? Getting really tired of the perpetual pussification of the NFL, starting to now cost teams games as we saw today 

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

There was literally nothing wrong with Clay's hit on Cousins. Last weeks' flag made sense, this one was garbage

The holding call on Taylor for his pancake block costing Graham a TD was garbage

The non DPI call on that long Graham attempt was garbage

The OPI call on Adams catch was garbage

These refs were garbage

I stated all of these as examples a few pages back. I couldn't agree more. 

Just now, Green19 said:

Honestly I blame how they decided to handle Diggs. Putting house on him... then not even just straight doubling him at the line on the 2 pt attempt.

Haha wasn’t going to effect the bunch... so just have haha and Williams hit him there. Force cousins to the bunch.

They had 3 wide on the other side. You need at least 3 defenders over there.

They had 5 offensive lineman so you need 6 defenders to cover the gaps. 

You've got one guy on Diggs so you've already committed 10 guys. 

You then typically want a defender spying the RB. 

That's 11 guys. What is the game plan you want them to run? Leave someone open entirely? 

Just now, beekay414 said:

If they are adamant about making those calls, they need to be able to review them because it's pretty obvious they can't make the call in real time consistently.

This, being able to AT LEAST challenge penalties could save this game, not even joking. 

Archived