The Good, the Bad, the Second Half Losers vs the Rams

RaidersAreOne

The big problem to me is Derek Carr and his lack of confidence and his ghosts!!

He doesn't trust his arm, his OL, his WR's...what the f*ck happened to the 2016 Stone Cold Derek Carr?? 

He is panicing and making bad decisions.

If he starts to see ghosts I doubt Gruden or anyone can fix that...

Do you guys remember them flashing the stat of release time on Carr? He was getting rid of the ball in only 2 seconds almost a full second quicker than last seasons average with defenders in his face, he had no time at all last night and almost got injured to the point of season ending.  

3 hours ago, Rolni said:

The big problem to me is Derek Carr and his lack of confidence and his ghosts!!

He doesn't trust his arm, his OL, his WR's...what the f*ck happened to the 2016 Stone Cold Derek Carr?? 

He is panicing and making bad decisions.

If he starts to see ghosts I doubt Gruden or anyone can fix that...

30 for 30.. Derek Carr and Ghosts

1 hour ago, billking said:

Do you guys remember them flashing the stat of release time on Carr? He was getting rid of the ball in only 2 seconds almost a full second quicker than last seasons average with defenders in his face, he had no time at all last night and almost got injured to the point of season ending.  

He had plenty of time last night. He just was terrified. He doesnt want to be touched. 

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Should have hit cook there. It was first down, right? Take five yards.I really think he has a hard problem seeing the whole feed and panics if his first read is covered.

yeah, look again he flinch when see the pressure coming and change his target, to the other part of the field.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr needs to get it together. He started seeing ghosts in the pocket, it happens to often with him. He's not extending plays and is afraid of the deep ball. That offense was painful to watch. Dink and dunk personified last night. You have to take shots and try to get a guy like Cooper going. 

Defense.... I guess we can all pump the breaks on this rookie Dline thing finally yes? Preseason is never indicative of real games. They looked overmatched and were stonewalled all game. No pass rush and worse, things got desperate. They lined up Hurst at DE to try anything.

It's 1 game against what many see as a Superbowl team. But there is a clear lack of talent on this team. Who is the playmaker right now on either side of the ball? Looks like it's the approach of bend but don't break with the defense. And offense, conservative, ball control to mask the clear lack of skill players.

As of right now...

Cook and probably Whitehead. Irvin is a complimentary guy at best. Got that sack because Goff held on way too long and backed into him.

Pressure is on Reggie and Gruden to have instant success if any with those picks they got for a game changer.

If the best players gonna play and make the roster. Than we have the worst safety group in league. If Joseph cant play better than Nelson he shouldnt even be on the roster. Nelson was smoked all game. If Goff was better, game gets out of hand earlier. Woods and cooks was behind nelson on multiple occasions. 

52 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If the best players gonna play and make the roster. Than we have the worst safety group in league. If Joseph cant play better than Nelson he shouldnt even be on the roster. Nelson was smoked all game. If Goff was better, game gets out of hand earlier. Woods and cooks was behind nelson on multiple occasions. 

Quite possible that Joseph's issue is grasping the new D. Nelson is clearly not physically able to cover in this league anymore.

Good:

Lynch - He continues to be a good player. No idea why he only got 11 carries. His bruising 3-4 yards kept us ahead of the sticks in first half.

Leon Hall - pleasantly surprised by his play. Heady vet who knows the defense, and made some decent open field tackles.

Cook and Richard - both feasted on the Rams lbs and underneath coverage. Cook is a matchup nightmare, glad he wasn't part of the Gruden purge. Richard just makes plays and has some of the best hands on the team. 

Gruden : His first half gameplan was sound and he kept our defense off the field for as long as he could, preventing them from getting exposed earlier. Didn't like that we went away from Lynch in the 2nd half, but this game was on Carr not Gruden.

Bad : 

Dline - Hall, Hurst and Key were no shows but I dont even blame them. Theyre rookies. The fact that we are so heavily reliant on them to create pressure in their first nfl games is simply too much to put on them this early. We have no pass rush and Gunther will have to create magic to generate one all year.

DBs- Gilchrist is a smart guy but he isnt a starter in this league. Nelson is Nelson, the slowest starting DB in the league. Wasn't impressed by Melvin. Hes grabby and doesn't turn his head. We got beat several times downfield but Goff made bad throws. Seems like we rotated CBs throughout the game.

Ugly :

Carr -  I think I've made my thoughts on him clear. 

Penalties - Really held us back from extending that first half lead. Same old Raiders. 

Defense missing easy TOs  - Goff threw the ball right in our defenses hands at least twice and they were dropped. He also fumbled and we should've recovered. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yup every deep throw replay you see our cb behind the rams wr then Nelson 3 steps behind our cb. The nfl knows he has no speed so they will continue to pick on him. Would’ve rather kept luani or whatever his name is. Nelson should’ve been gone last year 

Archived