TNF - Ravens vs Bengals

SBLIII

19 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Atkins vs Skura at center is a scary mismatch that may get Flacco injured.

Both offenses may get nuked by their offensive lines.  I fully expect Bobby Hart at RT to stop more than his fair share of drives.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Ross is the kind of player that could go for a couple huge bombs on a random week and it wouldn't be shocking. But I'll take that chance over diverting any attention from Green.

That's exactly what the Bengals want you to do.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't try one or two bombs against the Colts last week just to put the league on notice.  That kind of thing can make some teams think twice about shading the safeties over Green.  But until Ross proves it, you have to keep smothering Green.

32 minutes ago, theJ said:

So are the Ravens. :D

Actually Luck played pretty decent.  The Colts kept the offense really reigned in though, so we didn't see him really get unleashed.  Seemed like they were trying to get the ball out quick and keep pressure off their line.

This should be a good game tonight.  I can't see either team winning in a blowout here.  My first prediction this week:

Ravens: 16
Bengals: 15

Low scoring affair.  Ravens come down to earth after playing the Bills, and Bengals Bobby Hart (RT) gives up 5 sacks and personally ends most of the Bengals drives.

Nah we faced Josh Allen last week, we're good ;)

42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Both of these teams are better than they got credit for going into the season. That perception has adjusted after week 1. I think the Ravens are a little better, but not enough to offset home field on Thursday game edge to more than coin flip win likelihood.

The Bengals biggest edge will be Raven-killer AJ Green going up against a Jimmy Smith-less secondary. The Ravens may have on the edge when the Bengals are on offense. 

On the other side of the ball, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lamar Jackson break a big run or two against the Bengals linebackers. Atkins vs Skura at center is a scary mismatch that may get Flacco injured.

rb2

Been looking forward to this one all week. I'm specifically fascinated to see if Justin Tucker can go off against a division rival for my fantasy team. Hopefully all of Baltimore's drives stall at around the 35 so I can blow my opponent out of the water.

Archived