TNF - Ravens vs Bengals

SBLIII

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Obligatory fantasy football post:

Got Joe Mixon and John Brown going tonight. Hoping for another balanced day for him. Not expecting Brown to show up big, but he could surprise me with another TD.

I'm in a fantasy league here that drafts forum members who play fantasy football and we score each time someone on our team mentions fantasy football in a news or general post and I just want to thank you for living up to your #1 overall pick, I've taken an early lead.

Joe Flacco is 3-6 at Paul Brown stadium and generally has not played well.

Ravens are looking to avenge last year's embarrassing loss to the Bengals which, at one point they held a 99.9% chance of winning the game before giving up a game-winning drive to Andy Dalton on 4th and for-friggin-ever to Tyler Boyd.

Bengals are looking to beat an actual NFL QB after playing against the Colts last week.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bengals are looking to beat an actual NFL QB after playing against the Colts last week.

So are the Ravens. :D

Actually Luck played pretty decent.  The Colts kept the offense really reigned in though, so we didn't see him really get unleashed.  Seemed like they were trying to get the ball out quick and keep pressure off their line.

This should be a good game tonight.  I can't see either team winning in a blowout here.  My first prediction this week:

Ravens: 16
Bengals: 15

Low scoring affair.  Ravens come down to earth after playing the Bills, and Bengals Bobby Hart (RT) gives up 5 sacks and personally ends most of the Bengals drives.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm in a fantasy league here that drafts forum members who play fantasy football and we score each time someone on our team mentions fantasy football in a news or general post and I just want to thank you for living up to your #1 overall pick, I've taken an early lead.

You're totes gonna win this year. I have to post in here once in a while to make sure you guys don't completely poop the bed in this forum, and I have literally zero interest in many of these games (this one is mildly interesting, but I digress) so I'll probably post fantasy football stuff about 90% of the time. 

I expect a cut of your winnings.

Both of these teams are better than they got credit for going into the season. That perception has adjusted after week 1. I think the Ravens are a little better, but not enough to offset home field on Thursday game edge to more than coin flip win likelihood.

The Bengals biggest edge will be Raven-killer AJ Green going up against a Jimmy Smith-less secondary. The Ravens may have on the edge when the Bengals are on offense. 

On the other side of the ball, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lamar Jackson break a big run or two against the Bengals linebackers. Atkins vs Skura at center is a scary mismatch that may get Flacco injured.

Archived