Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

39 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

why didn't andy reid build a dynasty for us

Andy’s Eagles died so the Chiefs could live.

If they gave even 25% of a crap about getting players who could make plays on offense we’d probably have at least one ring from it.

That said not having to deal with McNabb and instead get Mahomes making you look good helps.

38 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

LJ Fort making a key stop on 4th down against the chiefs and has been one of the best graded LBs coming into this week. I won’t forgive our coaching staff for not giving him a chance lol 

Imagine actually signing a good LB and then cutting him so you can waste that comp pick on a worse player. Howie playing Candy Land while the rest of the league playing chess 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imagine actually signing a good LB and then cutting him so you can waste that comp pick on a worse player. Howie playing Candy Land while the rest of the league playing chess 

Nope... don't blame Howie for that at all.

This falls squarely on the coaching staff aka Pederson, Schwartz, and Flajole (LB coach).

They were showing that they weren't gonna play Fort even though they should've. Can't blame Roseman for saying "well I gave you guys this piece.... if you aren't gonna use him, then f-it I'm gonna get back a comp pick that I can do something with.)

I'm not sure which of the two 4th round comp picks the Fort one turned out to be, cause we had the 145th and 146th pick. The 145th turned out to be Jack Driscoll and 146th we kept using to trade back and acquire more picks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This falls squarely on the coaching staff aka Pederson, Schwartz, and Flajole (LB coach).

They were showing that they weren't gonna play Fort even though they should've. Can't blame Roseman for saying "well I gave you guys this piece.... if you aren't gonna use him, then f-it I'm gonna get back a comp pick that I can do something with.)

I'm not sure which of the two 4th round comp picks the Fort one turned out to be, cause we had the 145th and 146th pick. The 145th turned out to be Jack Driscoll and 146th we kept using to trade back and acquire more picks.

I’ll blame Howie for everything at this point the pandemic, the Kennedy Assassination, Pompeii.....all on Howie 

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm just going to associate the other one with Hightower.

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:
14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’ll blame Howie for everything at this point the pandemic, the Kennedy Assassination, Pompeii.....all on Howie 

You do that..... I blame Roseman for a lot of things, but Fort is not one of them.

That was a good pick-up by Roseman/Douglas that for some reason our dumb coaching staff didn't want to utilize even though he performed pretty well in preseason from what I remember. I didn't really watch much of him in Pittsburgh, but I remember Steelers fans saying he did good things in limited playing time and I was excited to see him play. That unfortunately never happened as we buried him on the depth chart. The Ravens coaching staff turned in a shrewd pick-up by Roseman and then an eventual sacrifice due to our incompetent coaching staff into a steal and future starter for themselves. That's what happens when your front office and coaching staff both great and on the same page.

Let's take a look back at some blurbs from articles on snap counts that Jimmy Kempski at PhillyVoice did.

For the weeks Fort was on the roster here is what the Eagles threw out there the first month of the season before we cut him to regain a comp pick... its not pretty.

Week 1:

Linebacker

• 67 snaps: Nigel Bradham

• 29 snaps: Zach Brown

• 2 snaps: Nate Gerry

Analysis: Bradham played the entire game. He's fine. The Eagles' temporary No. 2 linebacker, Brown, only played 43 percent of the snaps, while Andrew Sendejo played 57 percent of the snaps as a third safety.

Week 2:

Linebacker

• 66 snaps: Nigel Bradham

• 50 snaps: Zach Brown

• 20 snaps: Nate Gerry

Analysis: In Week 1, Brown only played 43 percent of the snaps. In this game, he played 76 percent. That's interesting against a team that runs as many 3-WR sets as Atlanta does. Brown took snaps away from Andrew Sendejo.

For the second straight week, L.J. Fort didn't get a single snap in the regular defense. He was a special teamer only. If I'm the Eagles, it's a no-brainer to release him and pick up an extra fourth-round compensatory pick.

Week 3:

Linebacker

• 63 snaps: Nigel Bradham

• 53 snaps: Zach Brown

• 24 snaps: Nate Gerry

Analysis: Another week, another game in which L.J. Fort doesn't play a defensive snap, and his presence on the roster, should it extend past Week 10, will cost the Eagles a fourth-round compensatory pick.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, Danger said:
14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm just going to associate the other one with Hightower.

I just looked at Wikipedia and that would be wrong.

Pick 146 turned into 196, 200, & 233 which would be Shaun Bradley, Quez Watkins, and Casey Toohill.

Hard to say what we've got from those picks and probably won't have a better idea until year 2 or even 3.

Bradley hasn't seen defensive snaps... although I wish he did, because Edwards is limited, Riley is just a special teamer and Gerry is NOT it.

Toohill was raw and has barely seen any snaps, but showed off his explosiveness when he did. I'm hoping by year 3 he is a good rotational end. I like the upside he has.

Watkins flashed a bit with his speed in training camp, but he was raw coming out of the draft and he's been out with an injury. I'd like to see us work him back in for some snaps with Reagor on the sideline and Jackson now dealing with another hamstring injury.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@TheRealMcCoy you put a lot of research there to debunk my joke......

I know you're joking usually, Pete, but I'm just trying to add some critical thought to the forum. 

This season is gonna suck. I'm well aware of that now unlike before week 1, but we can still have intelligent discussions about the birds like what is going wrong, what has gone wrong, and how we can overcome it going forward. That type of discourse is what sucked me into the Eagles forum back like 4+ years ago when I used to just be a lurker and read the insightful football talk (and jokes) that went on here. I want the Eagles forum to get back to what it used to be. It probably will never be quite as active as years ago, but there might be someone lurking on here like I used to and decide to start posting if its not all doom and gloom.

Don't get me wrong though. The jokes are much needed right now though as this season is depressing the **** out of me. Keep em coming.