Brice Butler on the return

textaz03

Carrying 7 WR and 4 TE....that is absolutely nuts. Why this team didn't keep Dez or make a play on Flash is mind boggling. There is quite obviously a lot of worry about that/those positions. Why they are choosing to address need with comfort is equally as mind boggling. eusa_wall.gif

I like the signing. You all know I like Dez, and I am sure our offense is better with him. I too would have rather traded a 5th or even a 4th for Flash(as long as we cut Thompson and got it back).

BUT I like this signing. Butler always hooked up with Dak. They have chemistry. And we rarely got to see it because he was the 4th WR and we had Jason Witten. So complain about the production all you want, but that was just a case of snaps. When he was on the field Dak always found him.

I think he is better than Twill and I was calling for him to start over Twill last year. I think he is better than Hurns, and Thompson. 

It's not a Dez or Gordon but he could be good with us. He is familiar with our scheme.

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I will always appreciate Dez.

If we actually had the guts to bring back Dez.

Dez and Butler (rotating with Gallup) on the outside.

Austin and Beasley in the slot.

Significantly better than what we have.

2 hours ago, Northland said:

All these wr's and te's on the roster and there are probably individual wr's on other teams whose production this year is rivaling our entire receiving corps.  

Through two games, our WRs and TEs have combined for 27 catches for 304 yards. Michael Thomas currently has 28 catches for 269 yards.

So you're not wrong.

18 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Through two games, our WRs and TEs have combined for 27 catches for 304 yards. Michael Thomas currently has 28 catches for 269 yards.

So you're not wrong.

Take away Tavons 1 catch for 64 yards and your left with 26 catches for 240 yards or 9.2 yards per catch.

We need to fix this unless we plan to never play from behind.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Take away Tavons 1 catch for 64 yards and your left with 26 catches for 240 yards or 9.2 yards per catch.

We need to fix this unless we plan to never play from behind.

I mean with the way the defense is playing...

I envision they want to have a WR run DEEP on every play. You rotate Austin/Thompson/Butler to run those routes. You let the TEs and Hurns/Gallop/Beasley run the underneath routes. Dak then needs to decide if he has a one on one with Butler/Thompson/Austin to go deep ball or not. Especially since teams are putting everyone in the box to stop Zeke.

I don’t see us having 7 WR on game day but Butler is good on ST so.   Still about the rest I think it’s too early to tell what we have or don’t Beasley has been good and I really liked what I saw with Thompson so far as well as Austin. Hard to say about Hurns we know what we have with TWill    Butler I’ve always liked and gives us more options for going deep.  I want to see 2-3 deep balls a game

Still we can go four wide Butler one side Thompson one side Austin and Beasley in the slot Elliot in the back field.   Elliot should have open space and if our O line protects there is gonna be open recievers

Archived