Where should Jameis and Bell get traded too?

Humble_Beast

Well, Tampa can't trade Winston. There's no sense in that. Even if you don't give him the starting job back, at least he's there as a back up. You're 2-0 and may need to use both of them before the year is up, and at this point, you should have playoff aspirations. Fitzmagic can easily turn back into a pumpkin

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Tampa isn't going to trade Winston. But if they did, he'd make a ton of sense for the Broncos or Giants. I'd say the Bears too, but they won't give up on Trubisky that quickly.

Yeah, the Giants should be all over that given that they could also afford to get him an extension right away if they wanted to go that route. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

That would be a disaster for the Bucs. I think Jameis can still be good. Young qb's take time.

Oh, I agree. No way in hell do they trade him, even if they decide to name Fitz the starter. You should still have some sort of "short" long term plan in play for Jameis, because Fitz certainly isn't the guy. 

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if they did entertain trade offers, the Giants should be the one all over it. 

Don’t think Jameis gets moved. A team like the Giants or Chargers might be interested for 2019/beyond, but I doubt that’d net much draft capital for now. Makes most sense for the Buccaneers to hold him for the inevitable crash & burn with Fitz. 

Bell should be moved, though. Plenty of teams ought to be interested, just depends on what the Steelers plan on getting for him. If I’m the 49ers or the Jets, I’m calling every week to check on his availability.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t think Jameis gets moved. A team like the Giants or Chargers might be interested for 2019/beyond, but I doubt that’d net much draft capital for now. Makes most sense for the Buccaneers to hold him for the inevitable crash & burn with Fitz. 

Bell should be moved, though. Plenty of teams ought to be interested, just depends on what the Steelers plan on getting for him. If I’m the 49ers or the Jets, I’m calling every week to check on his availability.

I bet Jameis could net at least one first.

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Honestly, if I'm the niners...I wonder if targeting Shady doesn't make more sense. He's going to get nothing in Buffalo and they have to know that they aren't going to compete this year or next, so may as well get value from him, would fit very well with what Shanny likes to do with his running backs as well as he's very versatile and great out of the backfield, doesn't have nearly the hefty cap hit this year (only 6 mil), has no dead money for the 49ers to absorb (so if they want to let him go next year to bring back McKinnon, that's fine), and he may not cost as much. He'd probably be very relieved to leave that situation as well. 

If I'm the 9ers and I want a running back, that's probably who I would want them to target. 

That being said, I'd rather they just try and get Breida a slightly bigger role in the offense. It shouldn't be a 50/50 split with morris - should be more like 65/35 or 70/30 in favor of Breida. He's just the better running back. It was the same last year with he and Hyde. No, he's not built as a bellcow back, but I don't think giving him 15 carries and 3-5 receptions a game would be overworking him at all. 

Trade Jameis!? That is madness. What sounds like the more likely explanation for Fitz's 2 performances thus far?

A) the result of a QB finally figuring it out at 35 years old

B) the result of an incrdibly streaky QB hitting one of his hot streaks with great weapons

The trials and tribulations of Fitzmagic. The minute the people start believing is the minute he will fade away.

ghJc1Aw.png

xNOnS7B.png

ErfwJxF.png

dRBYybx.png

Dirk knows that Fitz won't keep this up.  He needs Jameis to turn to when Fitz implodes to keep his job.  And Jameis does have All-Pro talent, he has just been an idiot off the field and unwilling to throw it away on the field.  Which it looked like he fixed after he came back from injury last year.  

No way Jameis gets traded.  Dirk doesn't want to get fired, and Jameis is the best way to do that.  

Archived