Where should Jameis and Bell get traded too?

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's not that good and they can get out of a $100mil contract

And then what?   

Fitz turns 36 soon and he has had hot streaks before that didnt last.

Winston isnt that bright and I surely wouldnt pay him $100m+ contract, but he is a solid QB, and they could at least keep him for insurance until they find a longer term replacement.   Keep him for his 5th year option next year, and then they could possibly franchise him in 2020.

If they trade him and Fitz fades, what are they left with?    I doubt any team is going to trade a first rounder for him at this point.    Maybe a 2nd and a conditional pick.   Then again, I never thought anyone would trade what they did for Carson Palmer and Sam Bradford, so who the hell knows.

Winston will NOT be traded. 

I am not taking anything away from Fitzpatrick. He has done a hell of job, but Tampa's play calling has improved, their O-line has played a lot better, and they might have the best WR/TE corps in the NFL. I would not be surprised if Winston (if he was playing or the next time he plays) puts up similar numbers to Fitzpatrick. 

Oh, man. Jameis isn't going anywhere.

153/224, 1,972 yards, 12 TDs, 5 INTs 

Those are his numbers since he recovered from his shoulder injury last year. That's over a 68% completion percentage, over 8.8 yards per attempt, and a QB rating of 104.2. 

If we were gonna move on, we'd have done it already. Fitz'll come back down to Earth eventually and Jameis will step in when he does.

Winston looked better than Fitz in our new offense before his suspension anyway. LOVE the Fitzmagic. But the run will end eventually.

As much as I like Fitzpatrick, this isn't the first time he's caught lightning in a bottle. He's going to eventually come back down to Earth.  Always does.

Winston is still young, and can still be a franchise QB for the Buccaneers. The team might have the best group of receivers in the NFL including their tight ends. I would try to make it work for a while longer. At the very least, don't trade him. 

Archived